Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beat 'em Bucs!!!!!!
44-41, 3rd place, 1.5 games out of first place. I would be happy just to finish the year above .500. Anything else would be icing on the cake. ANYTHING to erase the haunting memory of Sid Bream rounding third and scoring to beat my beloved Buccos in the 92 NLCS!!!!
The Pirates have played very good ball this season. That NL Central race will be tough. The Braves are almost certainly going to get the Wildcard, so that makes the NL Central race that much better.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:44-41, 3rd place, 1.5 games out of first place. I would be happy just to finish the year above .500. Anything else would be icing on the cake. ANYTHING to erase the haunting memory of Sid Bream rounding third and scoring to beat my beloved Buccos in the 92 NLCS!!!!
I love you, man.
As the other Buccos fan on this board, I really feel that this is the year we finish above .500, and in an underachieving division, they may have a shot to win it! We moved into 2nd place today as well, still only 1.5 games out. Their starting pitching has been absolutely outstanding this season. The starters have 34 wins, which matched all last year! The Bucs didnt win their 45th game until Sept 3rd last season. Clint Hurdle knows what he's doing. I had a good feeling when they hired him. He's a good baseball man, and teaches small ball, and good pitching, which is how we're 4 games over .500 this late in the season for the first time since 1992...........our last winning season. But..How about those Pittsburgh Pirates?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like Clint Hurdle as well, but I don't think the Pirates pitching can hold-up over the 2nd half of the season. It is nice to see the division with 4 contenders.
Stardust Wrote:I like Clint Hurdle as well, but I don't think the Pirates pitching can hold-up over the 2nd half of the season. It is nice to see the division with 4 contenders.
Why dont you just pee in a man's Cheerios? We're not asking for a pennant. But I dont think 82 wins is out of the question. I love this team. They play hard, they play smart and they dont make a lot of foolish mistakes like the Buc teams of the last 18 years. I really think this is the year the streak ends!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude I would love to see the Pirates win the NL Central.

DNF and TH32, remember the 92 NLCS? Big Grin Joking guys. I like seeing the Pirates finally winning.
Tailback44 Wrote:Dude I would love to see the Pirates win the NL Central.

DNF and TH32, remember the 92 NLCS? Big Grin Joking guys. I like seeing the Pirates finally winning.

I am old enough to remember vividly the wonderful 71 season, Clemente's 3000th hit in 72, and that one of a kind comeback being down 3-1 to the O's and winning the 79 Series. I was born one month AFTER the Buccos won the 60 Series. Mom said "I kicked" when Maz hit the home run to beat the Yankees.....I was born a Pirate fan!!!!
Tailback44 Wrote:Dude I would love to see the Pirates win the NL Central.

Francisco Caberria can go screw himself. Who would have ever belived that a guy that couldn't hit his career weight would get a bloop single that would score a man who's speed can be timed by a sun dial.:flame: