Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A state predictions
boyle county beat allen county- scottsville 21-14 in the title game last year. both teams had close calls in the quarter and semi finals before getting to the finals. this year, 4A adds CovCath, Johnson Central, and 5A state champ Highlands to the talented class that already features LexCath, Boyle and Rowan County. so...

who will play in the state title game?
who will win state?
who will be the best player?
what teams should we watch out for?

reminder: Highlands, CovCath, Boyle County, LexCath, Johnson Central will all be on the same side of the bracket
games will be close but the state champion will be decided between the highlands vs cov cath or highlands vs jc game, that is, if the brackets play out like they have for the last two seasons in 5A
Highlands will win it.

Patrick Towles, JJ Jude, Clark Rowe, Jeff Canady and others will all be great players.

Watch out for Rockcastle County to be a MUCH better team than they have been. Also, look for Johnson Central to not be pushed over.
Highlands will win hands down.
Boyle County takes it home. :Thumbs:
Boyle or highlands.
I'd say that Highlands will be the cat daddy of 4A this year. But, don't count out Boyle as they surprised me against Bell County this last year.
i think highlands has the edge right now. they're talented, experienced, great team chemistry, and an excellent coaching staff. right behind them is boyle county and lexcath.

what about teams from districts 1-4?
nkyfootball81 Wrote:games will be close but the state champion will be decided between the highlands vs cov cath or highlands vs jc game, that is, if the brackets play out like they have for the last two seasons in 5A

I really don't see Cov Cath in the mix at all.

Highlands is clear cut favorite.
Boyle is my sentimental favorite. :Thumbs:
I think CovCath will be in the mix. They have a very good QB and good receivers.
some one is going to knock off highlands all good thing must come to a end
Hatz Wrote:I really don't see Cov Cath in the mix at all.

Highlands is clear cut favorite.
Boyle is my sentimental favorite. :Thumbs:

I agree with you Lex Cath will be there too.
One things for sure, in just over 40 days we will get a sneak peak of the championship picture with Highlands @ Boyle. Classic matchup, the unstoppable offense (Highlands) against a perennial stout defense (Boyle). Add in 2 senior cover corners (Boyle) on Highlands best 2 receivers on the outside. Can't make up games like that. Does anyone know about Highland's O-line this year? Can they gel together in week 1 to stop the Rebel D-Line? IMO, the game comes down to how much time Towles has to throw. If he has 4-5 seconds, lights out. If Boyle can get in the backfield, could be a tight game.
Highlands

Boyle

Johnson Central

Everyone Else
don't forget last year when everyone counted boyle out against bell county
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Highlands

Boyle

Johnson Central

Everyone Else

Highlands
Boyle County

Lexington Catholic

Johnson Central

Everyone else. :Thumbs:
sportsfan123 Wrote:don't forget last year when everyone counted boyle out against bell county

Boyle County does well when they are playing the underdog roll, which is rare. I hope EVERYONE counts Boyle County against Highlands. Which they should.
What does everyone think of Districts 1-4?
sportsfan123 Wrote:don't forget last year when everyone counted boyle out against bell county

I don't remember anyone "counting them out" vs. Bell last year. At least anyone with half a brain cell. :Thumbs:
jackal405 Wrote:One things for sure, in just over 40 days we will get a sneak peak of the championship picture with Highlands @ Boyle. Classic matchup, the unstoppable offense (Highlands) against a perennial stout defense (Boyle). Add in 2 senior cover corners (Boyle) on Highlands best 2 receivers on the outside. Can't make up games like that. Does anyone know about Highland's O-line this year? Can they gel together in week 1 to stop the Rebel D-Line? IMO, the game comes down to how much time Towles has to throw. If he has 4-5 seconds, lights out. If Boyle can get in the backfield, could be a tight game.

You might be surprised to see the look of the Boyle Defense this year.
I hope indeed that we are pleasently suprised. Sheehan is really fast, and Towles can deliver the ball. Boyle has 30 in a row and I would like to start the season with #31. I have seen Sheehan and Towles in action and if they get hot it could be a long night.
Anyone got anything on districts 1-4? or even better, who plays who in the actual state finals?
Highlands will win 4a, Boyle County slight favorite,

Does Johnson Central and Boyle Play this year?
No they don't unless JC can knock off Highlands in wk 3 of the playoffs.
jackal405 Wrote:One things for sure, in just over 40 days we will get a sneak peak of the championship picture with Highlands @ Boyle. Classic matchup, the unstoppable offense (Highlands) against a perennial stout defense (Boyle). Add in 2 senior cover corners (Boyle) on Highlands best 2 receivers on the outside. Can't make up games like that. Does anyone know about Highland's O-line this year? Can they gel together in week 1 to stop the Rebel D-Line? IMO, the game comes down to how much time Towles has to throw. If he has 4-5 seconds, lights out. If Boyle can get in the backfield, could be a tight game.

I really do not look for this game to be anything like a game that could be played later. Both teams will not be as good as they will be later in the season. Also, will both teams open the whole playbook and show everything so the other can scout? I will be there and am looking forward to a descent game. 10-14 point spread.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Agreed. Whoever loses that game will use the loss as motivation for the rest of the season to get even in the playoffs. If I read this correctly, Boyle will host in 2011 for Dist 5, Highlands will host for Dist 7. The question would be who will host if Dist 5 and 7 meet in the playoffs?
jackal405 Wrote:Agreed. Whoever loses that game will use the loss as motivation for the rest of the season to get even in the playoffs. If I read this correctly, Boyle will host in 2011 for Dist 5, Highlands will host for Dist 7. The question would be who will host if Dist 5 and 7 meet in the playoffs?

I believe it goes by regions rather than districts for the semifinal round. So Boyle (or the other Region 3 champion representative such as perhaps LexCath, etc.) would host this year because the odd region number (3) would host in the odd numbered year (2011) over the 4th Region champion (which could include potentially Highlands, Johnson Central, CovCath, etc.). Reversed, of course, next year in 2012 when the even numbered region (Region 4 winner) would host the Region 3 winner in an even numbered year.
Boyle will definitely have an easier time now that bell is gone to 3a. It has been those two teams for the last several years seems like. Who will be the team that will fill bell county's spot and challenge boyle in that 4a semifinal.
Thanks for the clarification. Keep counting down!
I think LexCath will win it. I think that because I believe they have the best quarterback in the state in Kyle Bolin, with all due respect to Mr.Pike and Mr.Towels, and I think that and a defense that will be much improved can get the Knights over the hump against Boyle and win state. Just my opinion