Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Calipari Signs Contract Extension at Kentucky
^ I agree with that
LWC Wrote:Tubby lost a star player during one of his runs as well. If it works for Rick it works for Tubby.

Who was the star player?
Randolph Morris in the mid-2000's
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Who was the star player?

What about Bogans hurting his ankle during the tournament? The year we were number 1 overall and I had tons of hope for us. We lost to Dwades team that year.
Aslan Wrote:UK does hang Final Four banners. UCLA is the team that just hangs Championship banners.
With the talent Cal in bringing in, he's eventually going to win one. He underachieved with last years team, and overachieved with this years team. This coming year he has another top 2 team, well see what happens. I honestly believes this team has a great chance at going 40-0. They have enough experience mixed with awesome freshman to be a great, great team.

Most people in Cal's first year was shell-shocked over all the talent he brought in.. Everyone thought that it was destined that we won a title that year.. We had some hell'a players but just couldn't get it done. Elite 8.

Last year - there wasn't a whole lot of talk about the UK team - Most people thought we would make par but we took some bad beats down the stretch. After it was all said and done - we ran with the tournament and made it to the final four - IMO much above par. - Final 4.

Next year - Look at all the talent that has left teams. UK should be a shoe-in for pre-season #1.. With the additions of Davis, Ghilchrist, Teague, and Wiltjer.. All big boys too. Then you have a senior leader in Darius who had an outstanding season last year. Doron Lamb gets going, then you still have Jones who played excellent in the early part of the year and kindly faded away. These guys will bring the leadership to the team that we need. Along with those recruits, man.. NCAA teams are going to get hurt by UK this season. I feel really bad for the SEC teams that are going to have to deal with us.

Cal's 2 seasons with UK has been dandys.. IDK if anyone has said "He won't win a championship" But I see a lot of "This is where champions go".. Well give him another year or 2 and I promise he will have another in RUPP.

So all in all Aslan - I think you are dead on with your post. Never do I do this, but I 100% agree.
K_Mac Wrote:What about Bogans hurting his ankle during the tournament? The year we were number 1 overall and I had tons of hope for us. We lost to Dwades team that year.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Randolph Morris in the mid-2000's
?

K_Mac Wrote:What about Bogans hurting his ankle during the tournament? The year we were number 1 overall and I had tons of hope for us. We lost to Dwades team that year.

I am talking about the 98 team.
^I was talking about the Bogans loss.
Excited for the future of Kentucky Basketball!