Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville possibly adding soccer
Interest is being stirred up in Paintsville to add 2 more varsity sports, Boys and girls soccer! What are some thoughts?

Personally, I like it and would support such efforts!
I think it's a Good Idea. There are quite a few kids that play the sport at Paintsville. And from what I have heard, they have done pretty good. If you have the kids to play and fill the teams, Why not.

What other sports does Paintsville offer beside basketball, baseball (softball), football, golf and track?
Paintsville Varsity sports are Football, Volleyball, Golf (boys and girls),Cross Country(Boys ,girls), Basketball(B&G), Baseball, Softball, Track(B&G), Tennis(B&G).
i play soccer and this is a huge addition if it goes through...soccer isa rising sport in kentucky and i am happy to see it happening i have had the chance to play against some of the kids from there and they could have a bright future they are really young...i hope this happens and that the region grows right now to much traveling the region goes from Belfry over to Letcher and then to Laurel and Corbin lol...
If they get soccer then they need to do what Shelby Valley has just done, go out seeking donations to put down some field turf. The football field would be a wreck with all the practices/games on the field. Field turf is by far the best playing surface I've ever been on, your feet doesn't give away in the grass when you are planting, almost always a dry surface, the falls are more giving, and its easy to take care of.