Poll: Who wil win the 57th District next year?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
34.78%
Lawrence Co.
4.35%
Magoffin Co.
30.43%
Paintsville
30.43%
Sheldon Clark
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 57th District Favorites
Gentlemen just do the math. 1/3 of your games played in a weak district. Then x number of games are played in perhaps the weakest Region in the state. You pick some very weak border teams and have maybe 80% of your games coming from very poor playing teams. How does this help a farily good team or one that is building to develop?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Gentlemen just do the math. 1/3 of your games played in a weak district. Then x number of games are played in perhaps the weakest Region in the state. You pick some very weak border teams and have maybe 80% of your games coming from very poor playing teams. How does this help a farily good team or one that is building to develop?

Well i'm glad somebody understands?
baseballfan Wrote:Please explain to me why the best pitchers will not pitch against the best teams? These series are set up on a Fri and Saturday, coaches have set their schedule around this and should have not if smart put these Lex-Louisville teams on the same week.

And it makes sence that it will improve pitchers! A team is now force to throw all their pitchers instead of letting one pitcher do all the work. Theres no way this will hurt you number one pitcher on a team, thats stupid, The Lex-Louisville teams will still face the number ones on the teams.
If the best pitcher on any team in the 57th/15th spends 80% of his mound time throwing to the best of the 15th during his career,guess what happens when he faces the other regions in a state Tourney format? Yes he will most likely get corned. This format can only be counter productive to the development of young baseball players in the 57th/15th.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:If the best pitcher on any team in the 57th/15th spends 80% of his mound time throwing to the best of the 15th during his career,guess what happens when he faces the other regions in a state Tourney format? Yes he will most likely get corned. This format can only be counter productive to the development of young baseball players in the 57th/15th.

Well put.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:If the best pitcher on any team in the 57th/15th spends 80% of his mound time throwing to the best of the 15th during his career,guess what happens when he faces the other regions in a state Tourney format? Yes he will most likely get corned. This format can only be counter productive to the development of young baseball players in the 57th/15th.
Whats does this have to do with the three game series! You already going to pitch your number one against the district anyways! There no difference instead that now other pitchers will have to step up to the mound and face dictrict teams also. Your pitchers will still face the competition you want them to face if you are smart enough to set your schedule the right way!

This format just gets eliminates 4 games you would play because district teams already play each other at least two times a year! Use those 4 games you eliminate and dont play the South Floyd's or the Jenkins type teams and play better competition. This format should have no effect on the level of teams you play it just now eliminates a team using their number one pitcher to get the best seed when district play comes around and now have to develop pitchers to step up and compete to get that Seed!
baseballfan Wrote:Whats does this have to do with the three game series! You already going to pitch your number one against the district anyways! There no difference instead that now other pitchers will have to step up to the mound and face dictrict teams also. Your pitchers will still face the competition you want them to face if you are smart enough to set your schedule the right way!

This format just gets eliminates 4 games you would play because district teams already play each other at least two times a year! Use those 4 games you eliminate and dont play the South Floyd's or the Jenkins type teams and play better competition. This format should have no effect on the level of teams you play it just now eliminates a team using their number one pitcher to get the best seed when district play comes around and now have to develop pitchers to step up and compete to get that Seed!
Let me break this down a simply as I can. Got a secondary game to go to. 12 games is roughly 1/3 of your season. I cannot believe you would not want to get as many quality games to all of your players as you could. Nothing says you have to play all District teams three times before the Tournement. Now if you don't buy into having your team play good teams to inprove then so be it. Just sign me "Loves The State Tournament Atmosphere".
This type of attitude towards the schedule just shows the difference in the thinking of most coaches in eastern Ky. What I mean is 90% of coaches in eastern Ky are just happy to get to the state tournament. They could care less about winning while there. Unbelievable
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Let me break this down a simply as I can. Got a secondary game to go to. 12 games is roughly 1/3 of your season. I cannot believe you would not want to get as many quality games to all of your players as you could. Nothing says you have to play all District teams three times before the Tournement. Now if you don't buy into having your team play good teams to inprove then so be it. Just sign me "Loves The State Tournament Atmosphere".
Now I am agreein with you all on teams in eastern kentucky needs to play stronger quality games but im just pointing out what has been done in the past and how this system will not change most teams schedules in eastern kentucky! And you are all right about teams just happy to make it to state and alot are happy just to get to region! As I do like to try out the new format and see what it does and if its not good then it can be changed next year! I am just arguing that this format will not affect the schedule the teams in the 57th play execpt it will just take 4 games away.

I see where you all are coming from by this taking to much time on a teams schedule but the part I looking at is this will get rid of that one pitcher dominating a district and getting that one seed and make the teams play for it! Because you can see this in tournament time when a team as that one good pitcher that wins the first game and then looses in the next round due to no other good pitchers.
baseballfan Wrote:Now I am agreein with you all on teams in eastern kentucky needs to play stronger quality games but im just pointing out what has been done in the past and how this system will not change most teams schedules in eastern kentucky! And you are all right about teams just happy to make it to state and alot are happy just to get to region! As I do like to try out the new format and see what it does and if its not good then it can be changed next year! I am just arguing that this format will not affect the schedule the teams in the 57th play execpt it will just take 4 games away.

I see where you all are coming from by this taking to much time on a teams schedule but the part I looking at is this will get rid of that one pitcher dominating a district and getting that one seed and make the teams play for it! Because you can see this in tournament time when a team as that one good pitcher that wins the first game and then looses in the next round due to no other good pitchers.

I want somebody to tell me the year in the 57th in which the best team didn't win district? If they only have one pitcher then it makes no difference because eventually, like you said, they get beat next round? So ultimately, the best team wins anyhow? So with that being the case, why change the format?
2009- JC beat LC- even tho these two teams where similar in records LC was considered the Fav.
2007- Paintsville was considered the favorites but lost the first round
2006- SC got beat in championship round by Paintsville.

These just are few teams where the Favorite but did not win the championship. But we are not going to agree on this format, I like it and you don't! But there nothing we can do about it now, lets give it a shot and see how it goes and at the end of th year if we dont like it, lets make our voices heard and hope the 57th district coaches dont vote for it again!
baseballfan Wrote:2009- JC beat LC- even tho these two teams where similar in records LC was considered the Fav.
2007- Paintsville was considered the favorites but lost the first round
2006- SC got beat in championship round by Paintsville.

These just are few teams where the Favorite but did not win the championship. But we are not going to agree on this format, I like it and you don't! But there nothing we can do about it now, lets give it a shot and see how it goes and at the end of th year if we dont like it, lets make our voices heard and hope the 57th district coaches dont vote for it again!

The only one I can give you is 2006? In 2007 and in 2009, the so-called "favorite" got beat with their ace on the mound. So that means your theory isn't correct? Also in 2007, JC, LC and Paintsville had so much talent combined that neither one was really a favorite over the other one, and the only way one team would be a favorite is if one of the 3 wasn't pitching their ace? That wasn't the case though. In your 2 examples it was ace v. ace, so the better team won.
baseballfan Wrote:Now I am agreein with you all on teams in eastern kentucky needs to play stronger quality games but im just pointing out what has been done in the past and how this system will not change most teams schedules in eastern kentucky! And you are all right about teams just happy to make it to state and alot are happy just to get to region! As I do like to try out the new format and see what it does and if its not good then it can be changed next year! I am just arguing that this format will not affect the schedule the teams in the 57th play execpt it will just take 4 games away.

Wrong, Only the first time the teams faced each other counted towards the seeding. So you only had to face each team in the District ONE time. So you are actually taking EIGHT games away from your schedule for this format. And it doesn't GUARANTEE anything. Ask last yeras #1 seed LC. When they had to get past the #5 seeded MC last year, on the SECOND day of the tourney and pitcher #2!

It will NOT change anything. EVERY TEAM will 99.9% of the time throw their ACE in the first game to get to the next round. So guess what's gonna happen this season. The Draw is just for teams who have pretty much NO chance at winning the Tourney and are hoping the two best teams draw each other. Playing each other one time during the season, for seeding purposes, puts you in the same boat as this season will. Everyone's ACE on the mound during their first game of the Tourney. So these 3 game series is just a waste of time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Wrong, Only the first time the teams faced each other counted towards the seeding. So you only had to face each team in the District ONE time. So you are actually taking EIGHT games away from your schedule for this format. And it doesn't GUARANTEE anything. Ask last yeras #1 seed LC. When they had to get past the #5 seeded MC last year, on the SECOND day of the tourney and pitcher #2!

It will NOT change anything. EVERY TEAM will 99.9% of the time throw their ACE in the first game to get to the next round. So guess what's gonna happen this season. The Draw is just for teams who have pretty much NO chance at winning the Tourney and are hoping the two best teams draw each other. Playing each other one time during the season, for seeding purposes, puts you in the same boat as this season will. Everyone's ACE on the mound during their first game of the Tourney. So these 3 game series is just a waste of time.
I know the first game is the only one that counted for seeding, Im just saying that they usually play each other twice anyways!!! And yes every one throws the number ones on the first game of the tourney because you have to! But this format will make teams have to use everyone to get a better seed and down the road this format will help you in tournament time due to you already having to rely on your number 2 and 3 pitcher because you had to use them during the season because of this format!!!
baseballfan Wrote:I know the first game is the only one that counted for seeding, Im just saying that they usually play each other twice anyways!!! And yes every one throws the number ones on the first game of the tourney because you have to! But this format will make teams have to use everyone to get a better seed and down the road this format will help you in tournament time due to you already having to rely on your number 2 and 3 pitcher because you had to use them during the season because of this format!!!

Everyone only played once last year. The only reason PHS and SC played twice because they had to come back and finish 1 inning in a suspended game. Cause it would have been crazy to travel to just play 1 inning.

Their reasoning behind this is what you said for a better seed and teams can't ride one pitcher for the better seed. BUT, quess what. In the end it all comes down to one game and that one pitcher as to who goes forward. You watch. More than likely. it will prolly be the same top 3 seeds. Maybe not. But more than likely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Everyone only played once last year. The only reason PHS and SC played twice because they had to come back and finish 1 inning in a suspended game. Cause it would have been crazy to travel to just play 1 inning.

Their reasoning behind this is what you said for a better seed and teams can't ride one pitcher for the better seed. BUT, quess what. In the end it all comes down to one game and that one pitcher as to who goes forward. You watch. More than likely. it will prolly be the same top 3 seeds. Maybe not. But more than likely.
Magoffin County- Played
Sheldon Clark- twice
Johnson Central- twice
Paintsville- twice
Lawrence- one

Sheldon Clark- Played
Magoffin County- twice
Johnson Central- twice
Paintsville- twice
Lawrence- one

Johnson Central- Played
Magoffin County- twice
Sheldon Clark- twice
Paintsville- one
Lawrence- one

Paintsville- Played
Magoffin County- twice
Sheldon Clark- twice
Johnson Central- one
Lawrence- one

And LC just played everyone one time.

And your right that is why I like it and it may end up the way you say it will happen and it might not! We just have to find out and this argument will be better after all is said and done and we see the outcome! I just like the style of a series, I just think thats baseball!
baseballfan Wrote:Paintsville- Played
Magoffin County- twice
Sheldon Clark- twice
Johnson Central- one
Lawrence- one

And LC just played everyone one time.

And your right that is why I like it and it may end up the way you say it will happen and it might not! We just have to find out and this argument will be better after all is said and done and we see the outcome! I just like the style of a series, I just think thats baseball!

I already told you why that happened. They were only scheduled for one. But, it got suspended with 1 inning left and they had to finish on another day. So they figured it would be silly for either team to travel for 1 inning. So they decided to play another. If not for that, they would have only played once.

Look guys can argue it all you want. But, in the end all us old farts who don't like it, will be saying...I told you so. It's a good try. But, just not feasible with a one and done tourney.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Could it just possibly be that 4 of 5 coaches in the 57th simply feel that they are weaker than usual and by playing each other this much that they could bring a few more W's to their team? That is very silly of cource but you can bet that they have something other than player development in mind. Thanks JM for your one vote.:biggrin:
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Could it just possibly be that 4 of 5 coaches in the 57th simply feel that they are weaker than usual and by playing each other this much that they could bring a few more W's to their team? That is very silly of cource but you can bet that they have something other than player development in mind. Thanks JM for your one vote.:biggrin:

That could be a reason and a good one from their point of view?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Could it just possibly be that 4 of 5 coaches in the 57th simply feel that they are weaker than usual and by playing each other this much that they could bring a few more W's to their team? That is very silly of cource but you can bet that they have something other than player development in mind. Thanks JM for your one vote.:biggrin:

I'm sure player development has nothing to do with it, and i'm sure keeping their jobs may play a role? haha! i'm kidding. I just honestly think this will hurt more than anything. Does anyone know which schools voted which way?
Paintsville's Coached voted against it. That's why Hustle keeps thanking him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville's Coached voted against it. That's why Hustle keeps thanking him.

Oh I see
Paintsville is working hard but not hardly working. but really tho, theres alot of experiance coming back from the tigers, they also have great coaching with John Doug Miller in his second season as the tigers coach. Miller is a great coach and knows how to push the players It's fine people count them out because they know how to play and know how to win. The tigers are a pretty good rounded team this year and will getting better as the season goes on. Other teams around might be good but the tigers have a lot of heart and will to win. should be a great season for all teams but the tigers are being over looked big time.