Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron James: The 12 Dumbest Quotes of His Professional Career
And some wonder why people dislike Lebron...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/74040...nal-career
lol
I didn't think anything he said was dumb...
ekff, we usually agree but not today.

Paraphrases:

'Jordan is like the Black Jesus'
'retarded'
All the comments boasting himself unnecessarily, etc....
"All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point."
This one just pisses me off. Yeah, sure he is rich and lives a more glamorous life than all of us. But to have the arrogance say that and the rest of the worlds life's suck/are irrelevant. Somebody needs to teach him how to interact with the media, man.
"That's retarded."
That one I found funny, but he shouldn't have said it.
"Man, meeting Michael Jordan for me was like...black Jesus walking towards me. It was overwhelming to me to finally meet the guy I've looked up to my whole life,"
That truly is retarded, lol.
"A LeBron James team is never desperate,"
I'm just gonna c/p what the website said.
Referring to yourself in the third person always puts you in a negative light.
Saying your team isn't desperate and then losing a playoff series a few days later only reassures the negativity already surrounding you.

"If there was an opportunity for me to return, and those fans welcome me back, that would be a great story."
I love the way the website says it.
There are just so many things wrong with his statement to GQ last August.
First off, you're a member of the Miami Heat. No Heat fan wants to hear about you going anywhere else, especially back to Cleveland.
Secondly, Cleveland will be the last team to ever want you on its team. Even though you led the Cavs to the seven best years in franchise history, they'll always remember 'The Decision' and your inability to lead them to a title win.

"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time. Right now isn't the time."
This is the one I hate the most. Religion and basketball? God don't care about a meaningless basketball game in the grand scheme of things when their millions going hungry, suffer from all sorts of diseases, are being abused, and of course the main goal: Salvation.
"Crazy. Karma is a b****. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!"
Once again, region/sports. Why Lebron?
"I'm only one guy. I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard hit the winning shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo hit the shot. If I could clone myself, we'd be all right. But I can't," LeBron James before Game 3 of the 2009 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Orlando Magic.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Also so damn arrogant.
"I’m a winner...I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand," LeBron James following Game 6 of the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals, in which he was criticized for not shaking hands with the Magic.
Really? I recon everybody in the NBA are competitors, Lebron. Nonetheless they show sportsmanship after the game, win or lose, as should you.
"Cleveland fans are awesome, but I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court,"
Never seen such an arrogant player without a championship. Lebron needs to take a vow of silence.
Very fun thread ImagineThat!
Lol. Allthough I couldn't care what he says. Lebron lovers are blinded by therre love for him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol. Allthough I couldn't care what he says. Lebron lovers are blinded by therre love for him.

I agree lol. I hate these guy for some many reasons its not funny.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol. Allthough I couldn't care what he says. Lebron lovers are blinded by therre love for him.
As are the ones who dislike him?
ekff Wrote:I didn't think anything he said was dumb...

Really....
Here is how I see it. You all must really love LBJ, cause since the seasons ben over this dag-on Pro Forum is nothing but bashing LeBron. If you all hate him so much, why do you all constantly talk about him?
Here you all go Kobe lovers..

“I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber.” (So true!!!)

“These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.”

“The guy said NBA players are one in a million, ... I said, 'Man, look, I'm going to be that one in a million.'”

“I had some shots that I felt like I should've made; I just didn't make them. I'm not going to shoot the ball great every night.” (OH, even he said you can't make it every time)

“I've pretty much done all I can here and, you know, God will carry me the rest of the way, so I'm pretty comfortable with that.”

“I'm in the worst f------ situation.”

“Expectations for us this season aren't very high at all,”
MisterPerfect Wrote:Here you all go Kobe lovers..

“I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber.” (So true!!!)

“The guy said NBA players are one in a million, ... I said, 'Man, look, I'm going to be that one in a million.'”

“I had some shots that I felt like I should've made; I just didn't make them. I'm not going to shoot the ball great every night.” (OH, even he said you can't make it every time)

“I've pretty much done all I can here and, you know, God will carry me the rest of the way, so I'm pretty comfortable with that.”

Hmm you're reaching on most of these. Really nothing controversial besides the last two.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Here is how I see it. You all must really love LBJ, cause since the seasons ben over this dag-on Pro Forum is nothing but bashing LeBron. If you all hate him so much, why do you all constantly talk about him?
Because he keeps making himself look more like an ass. Listen I did like LeBron till the "Decision". I thought that was classless. I got over it. Then he did the pre-season party in Miami announcing they would win 7 titles. Then he kept the hits a rolling with the tweets and comments all season. To top it all off was his comment after losing the series in which he basically called everyone that wanted him to fail a poor, nobody loser. So yea the LeBron hate fest is warrented.

Now as for the Kobe quotes, it is hard for me to give an opinion on them if I can't see the context in how they was used.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Lebron has been in front of the cam since he was 16 years old... I think he has done a great job.... And is a very smart person....

One of the reason I like Lebron is because he's never in the news for anything bad... And this guy has more cam's on him then anyone in the NBA....
ekff Wrote:Lebron has been in front of the cam since he was 16 years old... I think he has done a great job.... And is a very smart person....

One of the reason I like Lebron is because he's never in the news for anything bad... And this guy has more cam's on him then anyone in the NBA....

Dude you can't be serious. He sticks his foot in his mouth time after time. He has no idea how to talk to the media. You really refuse to see any flaw in Lebron. Saying that is a little ridiculous.
I'll give ya LeBron not getting on the news for negative publicity, but he called MJ a black Jesus! Lmbo.
Aslan Wrote:Dude you can't be serious. He sticks his foot in his mouth time after time. He has no idea how to talk to the media. You really refuse to see any flaw in Lebron. Saying that is a little ridiculous.
I'll give ya LeBron not getting on the news for negative publicity, but he called MJ a black Jesus! Lmbo.

Why is this "Black Jesus thing" so bad...

Man.... I talk about Lebron's flaw all the time... He's not a killer on the basketball court...

I just don't see how people like to down Lebron when it comes to talking to the media when we have heard people like Artest, Iverson, KG, Shaq, etc... just people that talk stupid all the time....

At-least we don't have to see Lebron crying to the media over cheating on his wife and YES crying like a girl...
MisterPerfect Wrote:Here you all go Kobe lovers..

Kobe is allowed to be arrogant.
He has 5 rings.
If Lebron had a couple rings to his name and was being arrogant....
I would probably applaud him for it lol
However, he has made it to the mountain twice and failed.
Once by sweep and once by becoming invisible in the 4th quarter.
ekff Wrote:Why is this "Black Jesus thing" so bad...

Man.... I talk about Lebron's flaw all the time... He's not a killer on the basketball court...

I just don't see how people like to down Lebron when it comes to talking to the media when we have heard people like Artest, Iverson, KG, Shaq, etc... just people that talk stupid all the time....

At-least we don't have to see Lebron crying to the media over cheating on his wife and YES crying like a girl...

Just say it to yourself, saying black Jesus in any sentence is flat out stupid.
Lebron is not good with his words. Never has a player talked about how he spoils fans with his play. Such arrogance, with no rings.
Yeah, Kobe made a mistake by doing that girl, he'll be the first to admit that. But we all know rape was not involved, she was full of it.
zaga_fan Wrote:Kobe is allowed to be arrogant.
He has 5 rings.
If Lebron had a couple rings to his name and was being arrogant....
I would probably applaud him for it lol
However, he has made it to the mountain twice and failed.
Once by sweep and once by becoming invisible in the 4th quarter.

Beautifully worded.