Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pau Gasol Trade Rumors
Artest 2011 - $6,322,320

Ariza 2011 - $6,322,320

I know Artest did help win the title but the Lakers should have been looking for the future
The Lakers are usually focused on the present. Winning championships as soon as possible. Still though, having Ariza now would be nice. To get Ariza and cp3 back without losing 2 of our 3 7-footers would be a good deal IMO.
I know that Artest and Ariza made the same amount of money. I'm just saying that Artest is probably one of the most overrated athletes in the world.
LClion4life Wrote:I know that Artest and Ariza made the same amount of money. I'm just saying that Artest is probably one of the most overrated athletes in the world.

Amen to that.
Pau Gasol doesn't want to be traded, but are the Lakers making the calls?
June 21
Pro Basketball Talk

"All over Los Angeles there seems to be a case of "trade Pau Gasol fever." Which is just flat-out stupid overreaction by Lakers fans, but there you go. This guy was the No. 2 reason the team won back-to-back rings, was the team's MVP for the first 30 games of last season, then wore down physically after playing 400 games over 4 seasons (like every other Laker) and you want to trade him? For Kevin Love, a guy who never leaves a rebounding position to contest a shot on defense? That would be foolish. But that may be what the Lakers themselves are doing. Know that Gasol himself does not want to be traded. He told the Spanish news service AFP he wants to stay a Laker.
ekff Wrote:Artest 2011 - $6,322,320

Ariza 2011 - $6,322,320

I know Artest did help win the title but the Lakers should have been looking for the future

Ariza refused to sign that contract with the Lakers.
He said he wanted more money and the Lakers couldn't pay it so Artest agreed to the contract Ariza didn't sign.
Then when Ariza became a FA that was the best deal he got offered.

They did overpay for Artest, but it wasn't because they wanted him more than Ariza.
It was because Ariza wanted an unreasonable amount of money.
Everybody has overpaid Artest. He's terrible. He should have never been a starter in this league.
LClion4life Wrote:Everybody has overpaid Artest. He's terrible. He should have never been a starter in this league.

I think from 03-09 Artest was a pretty good player... Around 17-20 ppg...

Artest was big for the Lakers last year in the finals.... But he's a NOTHING right now.... He's got to go...