Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Kickers/Punters in KY
Who are some of the best kickers/punters in the state? :google:
It's been a long time since i have seen a kicker in high school football like Zach Burgey Vanhoose from Pikeville. They kicked off to us on a penalty from the 45 and he put it through the uprights with plenty of room to spare. The kid's got a leg on him and he's very accurate. He will be a sr. this season and I would bet he'll have a few 50+ field goals. I enjoy watching him kick. Go to you tube and see for your self. He'll be kicking D-1 if he has a good season,IMO.
this year or last year?
Senior to be, Zack Burgey Vanhoose(Pikeville)

Hands down!!!!
Last Year Estill's Senior Cade Berryman had one of the strongest legs in all of the state. He's Put it through the uprights several times last year from 60 Yards. I heard some one mention that it was a record, that could be wrong, I don't keep up with the Records/Stats, just heard some people talking about it
^^That's impressive.
it could have been longer than 60 but not much. He's going to Kentucky State as the Kicker. Another Estill player is going as a RB
The KHSAA record for longest field goal in a game is 58yds by Arron Petrey from Raceland. I don't know if those records have been revised to include last season.
[YOUTUBE="Zack Burgy-Vanhoose Pikeville High School"]PU-qkZMZuW8[/YOUTUBE]

Here is Zack from sophomore year and part of his junior year.

He has a strong leg and with proper technique and form training to help with his accuracy, he could be a legitimate division I kicker.
^ Now that's impressive
WOW! That is definitely a D-1 kicker. Who is after him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:WOW! That is definitely a D-1 kicker. Who is after him?
I don't know if he has received any firm scholly offers, but I do know only what I heard, and that was that several SEC, BCS, and FCS schools had expressed interest. RUMOR ONLY WARNING: The schools I have heard that have expressed interest include Alabama, UK, EKU (he kicked at their camp), Georgia, and U of Cincinnati. I do NOT know if there is any truth to those rumors, just stating what I heard.
Dragonsdad Wrote:The KHSAA record for longest field goal in a game is 58yds by Arron Petrey from Raceland. I don't know if those records have been revised to include last season.
It's kind of funny, PHS plays Raceland this year during the regular season. Any chance Coach Mac gives him an opportunity to try and beat that if the game allows it? Maybe like having the ball with just a few seconds left before the half or something? That would be interesting, to say the least.
Dragonsdad Wrote:It's been a long time since i have seen a kicker in high school football like Zach Burgey Vanhoose from Pikeville. They kicked off to us on a penalty from the 45 and he put it through the uprights with plenty of room to spare. The kid's got a leg on him and he's very accurate. He will be a sr. this season and I would bet he'll have a few 50+ field goals. I enjoy watching him kick. Go to you tube and see for your self. He'll be kicking D-1 if he has a good season,IMO.

I probably know the answer to this, but what relation does he have to J.R. Vanhoose? the really good basketball player that paintsville had in the late 90s
2 yards short of a 70 yarder? Are you kidding me?

That's amazing!!
toussaints Wrote:I probably know the answer to this, but what relation does he have to J.R. Vanhoose? the really good basketball player that paintsville had in the late 90s
I am almost certain there is no relation.
toussaints Wrote:I probably know the answer to this, but what relation does he have to J.R. Vanhoose? the really good basketball player that paintsville had in the late 90s
Like PT stated, I am almost positive as well that there is no relation. His father is from Pikeville. They COULD be related, but I don't think they are.
He is absolutely awesome. And just think,with the coaching,maturity and strength that will come on the next level,he could concievably kick a 70 yarder. What D-1 team in this country wouldn't want that? He'll get more offers if their not rolling in already. I bet they are. Kentucky has been known for producing some really good kickers in the past. Might be a good fit for him. I'd like to see it.
Zack burgy vanhoose is by far the best in the state.
I would like to give credit to our punter though he can punt at least 50 to 65 yards
cougarpride08 Wrote:WOW! That is definitely a D-1 kicker. Who is after him?

Colleges do not give alot of scholarships to kickers out of High School. They are asked to walk on alot of times and if they do well earn a scholarship their soph year. This kid looks like he will play for somebody and if not given a scholarship, will earn one.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I am almost certain there is no relation.

See that's what I was thinking, but I wanted to check anyways because of the last name
Will Harris from Boyle County HAS to be one of the top kickers. Broke a state record of 86 consecutive extra points made and he was a sophomore. The streak continues this year. He is an accurate kicker with good distance. Again he was only a sophomore last year. Don't overlook this kid.
:Thumbs:

^WOW...thats one of the most impressive things I have ever seen on here. That boy has a great leg!!!
What about the boys from northern kentucky? Covington Catholic has a great kicker (Evan Talkers) and punter (Mitch McDowell). Mitch is the back up kicker who is just behind Evan. I didn't see one thing on here about either of them.
I saw both Burgy-Vanhoose and Will Harris kicking 50 yarders at the Ray Guy camp on eastern kentuckys campus a couple weeks ago