Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central
How is LCC looking this summer?
Breathitt beat them by 20+ points and they beat Hazard by a couple of points.
Summer really doesn't mean much. Wait till October. A lot of kids aren't playing summer ball because of football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Looks good on his tape against talented players. I would like to see him play in person.
kentuckynole Wrote:Breathitt beat them by 20+ points and they beat Hazard by a couple of points.

Someone said BJ Combs, Olinger, and Blanton were not playing summer ball, but were working with football this summer.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Summer really doesn't mean much. Wait till October. A lot of kids aren't playing summer ball because of football.

Saw Letcher play 3 times and everyone of their kids from last year were playing.
zone buster Wrote:Saw Letcher play 3 times and everyone of their kids from last year were playing.

When I watched them play, Cory Stewart was not there.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:When I watched them play, Cory Stewart was not there.

I'm not saying Cory didn't miss any games this summer but I watched them play 3 different days (one day each of the 3 weeks), playing two games on all three of those days, and everyone was there including Cory.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Summer really doesn't mean much. Wait till October. A lot of kids aren't playing summer ball because of football.

Good point CP08.
I see them being a good team this year

Everyone likes to say that but you can usually get a very good idea who the top teams are by watching summer basketball.
I agree summer basketball is sometimes misleading. I wonder if that might have anything to do with parents, and/or officials??
Al told me that B.J didn't play this summer. Every game I watched them he didn't but they had the rest of the team.

LCC had their moments this summer where they looked tough as nails. They did almst beat Perry in the semi-finals. Perry I know is the favorite in the 14th, but Letcher is my dark horse. I'm saying that because the two teams that I here from a lot of folks mouths are Perry and Buckhorn.
I would have to give Knott Central the edge right now with the addition of Cameron Justice to the talent they already have. I do not think there will be one dominant team.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I would have to give Knott Central the edge right now with the addition of Cameron Justice to the talent they already have. I do not think there will be one dominant team.

I will defiantly be there the night Knott plays Perry. Justice vs. Beverly!!!
If LCC don't do it this year they never will.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I will defiantly be there the night Knott plays Perry. Justice vs. Beverly!!!

Beverly>Justice...easily
WALL2WALL Wrote:I will defiantly be there the night Knott plays Perry. Justice vs. Beverly!!!

better get your popcorn ready because they will meet on Jan. 5th 2012 @ Knott County Central and again on Jan. 31, 2012 @ Letcher County Central
Beverly is easily better then Justice. But this is about LCC, average coach, below average offensive team, their defense is going to have to keep them in games. Doesn't play a deep roster, make them do a lot of running and they will be winded. A big and strong team but basketball skill wise an average team
Good luck!!!! Cougars!!!!!!
Did the cougars have a starter transfer this week to another team in their district?
He wasn't a starter but he played a lot last year. There is a whole story on that issue but that is something that doesn't need to be discussed on BluegrassRivals because that will be getting into more personal issues.
No disrepect ONB, but it seems that only LCC and Breathitt could screw up things as bad as yall do. Y do yall lose so many kids???? Yall have had the best girls program since i played bball in the 80's and yall find a way to screw that up. With the additions of all the transfers in the 14th yall cant afford to lose ur local good talent. Can someone tell me whats going on up there??
ballstar Wrote:No disrepect ONB, but it seems that only LCC and Breathitt could screw up things as bad as yall do. Y do yall lose so many kids???? Yall have had the best girls program since i played bball in the 80's and yall find a way to screw that up. With the additions of all the transfers in the 14th yall cant afford to lose ur local good talent. Can someone tell me whats going on up there??

Elaborate more on the girls so I can understand what you are referring to as "screwing up". As far as the boys program, this is the only kid I know that transferred while a member of the varsity team who was a legitimate contributor. You automatically assume that it is the schools fault this kid transferred when you do not know the whole story. If you did you would feel foolish.
Just saying that about girls program because yall dominated it when i played!!! Yall had some sweet players but it was Whitesburg then so thats different!!! As for the the boys program, yall dont ever get transfers in like hhs, pcc and cordia. That should let u know that u cant afford to lose ur local talent. Yall should always be n the hunt for a regional title with the # of students u have. Not sure y this kid transferred but i would assume it was to go to the sweet 16....
ballstar Wrote:Just saying that about girls program because yall dominated it when i played!!! Yall had some sweet players but it was Whitesburg then so thats different!!! As for the the boys program, yall dont ever get transfers in like hhs, pcc and cordia. That should let u know that u cant afford to lose ur local talent. Yall should always be n the hunt for a regional title with the # of students u have. Not sure y this kid transferred but i would assume it was to go to the sweet 16....

I am not going to discuss the personal matters involving the transfer but you do not know what you talking about and if you knew what has happened and the whole story then you would realize the statements you are making are causing you to look completely stupid. That is all I am going to say bout that subject. As far as the girls, Letcher Central is the only girls team to win the 14th region that didn't have Kendall Noble on the team since the school has been in existence(2005-2006)
Letcher Central is gonna have a pretty good team this year. they could possibly make a run at the region