Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word is Kenny Roark to Clay County
Word is on the street that Kenny Roark may not go. Chase lives with his mother and has said he will not be going. Has Coach Roark signed anything or resigned from Middlesboro?
WhyLie Wrote:Word is on the street that Kenny Roark may not go. Chase lives with his mother and has said he will not be going. Has Coach Roark signed anything or resigned from Middlesboro?

If Chase dont come with him to Clay County, I dont know that you could blame him from backing out on this opportunity with his son's senior season upcoming!
Has anyone heard the word on Chase? Will he be a Tiger his senior year?
former Wrote:Wow, way to take a pot shot at someone. Obviously a disgruntled fan of Middlesboro or a coach (family) who didn't get the job. Way to be cool.
If you're talking about Coach Napier and his son when you say family, you owe them an apology. That whole family has been with Clay Co. Football since it began and they will continue to do so. The son, Coach E, didn't get the job. You have no idea how many kids Coach and his family have helped out. Let's move on.:dontthink
are they going to stay on after getting passed over?
SLHSCard Wrote:are they going to stay on after getting passed over?

Can't imagine Tiger football without them in Clay Co.:rockon:
SLHSCard Wrote:are they going to stay on after getting passed over?
As far as I know, the staff is intact.
icecreamandcake Wrote:Has anyone heard the word on Chase? Will he be a Tiger his senior year?

Chase is staying at Middlesboro.
BIG TONY Wrote:If you're talking about Coach Napier and his son when you say family, you owe them an apology. That whole family has been with Clay Co. Football since it began and they will continue to do so. The son, Coach E, didn't get the job. You have no idea how many kids Coach and his family have helped out. Let's move on.:dontthink

I owe no one an apology, I was simply saying no one on here should be saying a coach is a drunk. It wasn't even about the Napier family.
I think it would be a great opportunity for Chase to showcase his skills on the "5A" level. It would be a fresh start, a second chance for him to have success in his high school career. I just can't see him not going to play for his dad his last year of playing high school football. He will have alot more success and win alot more games at Clay county. Way I see it, he can be 4-7 or 5-6 at Middlesboro or 10-2 or 9-3 at Clay county with a chance to possibly play for a regional title.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Chase is staying at Middlesboro.

If he did go to Clay county, the Middlesboro folks should understand. It's a chance for him to better himself, you can't blame someone if they have the opportunity to put themselves in a better situation. If Chase did decide to go to Clay county, How could anyone blame him for wanting to play for their dad their last year of playing high school football. Just saying "IF" he did go to Clay, who could blame him.
Clay was wiped out by graduation. I don't see them winning nine games.
I wish the best of luck to the Tigers in the upcoming season! I’m really looking forward to seeing Coach Roark in action next year for the Black and Gold. Even though Clay lost a ton of Sr's. they are returning back a lot. The biggest shoe to fill would be Rb but I see a kid or two coming out of the wood works and hopefully will be solid.

Even though the Roark kid would fit right in. Clay county has a very good kid that is smart and has been patient the last couple years in Horton. Whatever the kid decides I wish everyone the best of luck.
I hear Coach Roark was in Clay today. We are all excited about getting started with the new era of Clay co. football. We lost a ton of talent last year, but I am hoping for a solid team. We are all still hoping Chase Roark comes with him. Good luck coach, the black and gold faithful are all behind you!!! It may be a tough year this year, but the future looks bright.
I talked to some people in Middlesboro today and they told me Coach Roark has not resigned there and he is probably not going anywhere. I have been supporting him, but if he is not coming we need to move on. If he is not with us 100% we don't need him anyway. I don't know if this is true, but I will find out for sure this week-end.
What is the latest on Roark?
I guess we will find out July 11th when practice is suppose to start. It is like a quessing game around Clay County these days. Anyone with any info please add it. With CCHS principal Mike White retiring in the last few days who will get things rolling in the right direction if Roark decides not to come?
I was told that he is still coming, but has not been around much up until now. His boy is staying at m'boro.
Best of luck to the Tigers this year.
jed Wrote:I was told that he is still coming, but has not been around much up until now. His boy is staying at m'boro.
Best of luck to the Tigers this year.
This guy isn't going to watch his son play his senior season? :1:
Is Roark taking a teaching job here in Clay County? Someone said he was going to work at his old school and drive back and forth to Clay for football. Is this possible with such a long commute? Hope he has something cheap on Gas!!!!Confusedhh:
BlueRaider4Life Wrote:Is Roark taking a teaching job here in Clay County? Someone said he was going to work at his old school and drive back and forth to Clay for football. Is this possible with such a long commute? Hope he has something cheap on Gas!!!!Confusedhh:

I can't see that happening. That's at least a 75-minute commute one way. Daily? Can't see it.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I can't see that happening. That's at least a 75-minute commute one way. Daily? Can't see it.
The principal was allowed to create a job for him and the system had to lay off 12 others.:dontthink
BIG TONY Wrote:The principal was allowed to create a job for him and the system had to lay off 12 others.:dontthink

No job was created, he was not given a teaching job. Only a coaching job was offered according to some at the board.
If he has no teaching job here then sounds like I may be right. He will be driving A LOT. I hope everything works out I just have a feeling we may be looking for a head coach sometime in the not so far future. I am not saying NOW but sooner than later.
I've been out of touch for a few weeks. Can someone "that knows" tell what involvement Kenny has had with the team, staff and community up to this point? Facts only please. You are welcome to PM me.
I can't believe Clay Co. has not offered a teaching job to coach Roark. People in Middlesboro are saying he has not resigned and is not going to. This is getting crazy. I have supported hiring him from the first. Would someone tell us if Clay has indeed offered a teaching job or not. If Clay HAS NOT then shame on Clay. If Clay has offered and Coach Roark has not resigned at Middlesboro, then shame on him. Could someone please clear this up.
jed Wrote:No job was created, he was not given a teaching job. Only a coaching job was offered according to some at the board.
You are kidding me !!!!!!! Clay has not offered a teaching job?
watcher Wrote:I can't believe Clay Co. has not offered a teaching job to coach Roark. People in Middlesboro are saying he has not resigned and is not going to. This is getting crazy. I have supported hiring him from the first. Would someone tell us if Clay has indeed offered a teaching job or not. If Clay HAS NOT then shame on Clay. If Clay has offered and Coach Roark has not resigned at Middlesboro, then shame on him. Could someone please clear this up.
Coach Roark has Been at Clay twice since he was named. Best I can tell he has spent less than five hours here. Things are becoming very clear to me. I don't know what kind of deal Roark was offered but he must have accepted it. The players, staff, parents, boosters and community have been left in the dark since Arnette resigned. What a mess! Shame on everybody involved.
So can someone make this very clear for me:

Is Kenny Roark the Head Coach of the Clay County Football team?
LWC Wrote:So can someone make this very clear for me:

Is Kenny Roark the Head Coach of the Clay County Football team?

The KHSAA does not list him as coach. So I guess as far as they go he is certainly not officially the head coach. As far back as it was reported that he had taken the job,one would think that the KHSAA would have been notified by now. The whole thing is kinda suspect to me. The team certainly doesn't need all the shananigans,it's nearly football time.