Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida - 95 UK - 80
UK played well up until the second half, then Florida exploded. I thought Rondo played pretty well, but they just couldn't get it together in the end. Noah and Green played real well for the Gators. The Noah kid is a hustler....

BTW, Billy Donovan didn't sub until 12.5 seconds to go in the game....What's he trying to prove? Classless SOB....I lost all respect I had for him and he can kiss my blue and white ass....It'll come back to him...Rolleyes
That was horrible the cats lost and Billy Donovan did't sub with that big of a lead was he afraid the cats would claw there way back......
alot of touch fouls on one end of the floor and muggings on the other, did you see the no call when crawford went up for the dunk? Green and Noah had games of their lives, Rondo got drill with alot of those picks. Billy D wanted to run it up . TO hell with him. Payback is a *****.
Yeah, that pissed me off as well him leaving the starters in........ Even the announcers couldn't beleive it.

They played good the first half.....Then it went all to hell......

Rondo had a good game 3/4 for 3's I think.....Crawford played well too.....
Couldn't agree more one of the worst called games I have seen so far this year, and very classy by Donovan leaving his starters in until 12 seconds was left, when the game was well over.
Kentucky didnt have no answar for noah !
The Refs and Billy pissed me off... If a UK player got close to Noah a foul was called and not putting subs in until 12.5 to go was very classless.. I hope UK kills them next time they meet
UK played a good game but Florida just got hot and UK did not do anything about it

:beerwez:
The game was called poorly. Florida shot at least 20 more free throws than UK. The touch fouls that "citizen of the world" Noah was getting was ridiculous. However, UK was just outmatched in talent. The refs didn't could of saved some of thier energy blowing on the whistle all night. Florida was in no danger of losing this one.
Kentucky basketball will bounce back. All elite teams go through down years every once in awhile. Just take a look at some of the teams this year that are elite programs that are down.

UL, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Arizona, Kansas, North Carolina, Indiani, Kentucky, Washington..

Even though these elite programs are down.. Half will still make the NCAA tournament and may pull off a couple wins while there. Teams like this don't stay down long. You can visit other various message boards and you would think that UK hasn't won a game 10 years. People talk shit about the UK program and how its on a downward spiral. I think its a load of bullshit. Tubby is an excellent coach. Since being at UK he has averaged 26 wins a season. How many other programs can say that. UK is the winningest basketball program ever. Second in national titles and I think they have more NCAA tournament appearences than any other team. They have won more SEC titles than all other SEC teams combined. Having a down year 1 time a century is acceptable. It happens to all the elite programs. Take UNC a few years back. They were down for about 3 years straight. Even missed the tournament a couple times. What happened. They bounced back and won the national title. UL was down for a while. Look what happened? They made a run to the final four last year..

YA, Uk is struggling some this year. But even a down year Tubby will manage to get 20 wins out of this team and a NCAA bid.

Why is UK down? IMO its due to a couple sub-par recruiting classes. This happens to all the best coaches. Recruiting is alot like gambling. You bet on the games (recruits) that have the best odds. Even with the best odds sometimes things just dont go the way you planned and you lose or don't win as much as you thought you would. 8 out of 10 times though you would win.

Like I said the UK program as a whole is fine. Tubby is fine. UK will bounce back and be a dominate program like they always have been.
Yeah cheer up UK fans, 15-7 isnt the end of the world, I PROMISE (buncha spoiled brats, lol).....H3LL even the greatest coach in NCAA history (and yes that means you Dean Smith, Bob Knight, Coach K, and everyone else on Dick Vitale's speed dial) ADOLPH RUPP had a couple of 13-13 and 15-10 seasons. 21-10 wont kill you.
Told everybody this one was coming! Keep your heads up U.K. fans and for the first time in a long time, don't expect to win the S.E.C. tourney, BECAUSE IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:The Refs and Billy pissed me off... If a UK player got close to Noah a foul was called and not putting subs in until 12.5 to go was very classless.. I hope UK kills them next time they meet
A game like this one and the fact that Billy D. did not sub may just be what the Cats need to light a fire under their butts and maybe just maybe they will start playing like the games meant something.
"Enigma" Wrote:A game like this one and the fact that Billy D. did not sub may just be what the Cats need to light a fire under their butts and maybe just maybe they will start playing like the games meant something.

Hope your right. I know that 5% part of me that would have liked to see Billy D. at UK one day was just flushed down the toilet.
Guys, it is 15 points..not 30 points..Running up the score, lol??? Not taking out the starters, get real and accept it that your cats aren't what they once was and it is killing your soul! Quit complaining over everything when they go down in defeat! Take the losses like a man! And you are lying if you say that you don't want Billy Donovan at U.K,.!
apparently somebody forgot to mention to UK that games are 40 minutes long...Not 39 minutes and 48 seconds.....Get over it and deal with the fact that nobody is gonna take it easy over UK. I wouldnt. If i had a 30 point lead, I wouldnt take them out. Its making a statement to the rest of America. And its working because the entire state of Kentucky is pissed.
VERY TRUE post TIDESHOSS32!
Ive never wanted Billy D at UK and never will, What has he done? Only way I would like to see Billy D at UK is as a Recruiter and thats it.

I think where Tubby has messed up with his recruiting was with his forwards, we dont have forward worth a **** right now and it kills us, we have guards, Crawford is getting better every game he plays, Thomas and Perry cant rebound or play defense with any kind of consistency
its easy to win 20 straight games at home when its 7 on 5 with the refs and the players
:ref2: :ref1: :lame:
"golfman42" Wrote:its easy to win 20 straight games at home when its 7 on 5 with the refs and the players
I don't know about ya'll but when I watch this team it's not like I'm watching Kentucky. The team I'm watching flat out can't play 40 min. of good basketball and doesn't know what it's doing on the floor, it's embarassing...
"Billnz28" Wrote:Ive never wanted Billy D at UK and never will, What has he done? Only way I would like to see Billy D at UK is as a Recruiter and thats it.

I think where Tubby has messed up with his recruiting was with his forwards, we dont have forward worth a **** right now and it kills us, we have guards, Crawford is getting better every game he plays, Thomas and Perry cant rebound or play defense with any kind of consistency
I agree 100% with you.
Some hilarious posts, and some that I agree with....The refs were making some horrible calls and it took all the heart out of the UK players...Billy D. not subbing his players in was pretty bad, but ah it happens...

The fact is, this is a game that UK or many other teams couldn't have won, with a record crowd in attendence and College Game-Day there...

We still get them at our place next month, but Tuesday night is a must win for the Wildcats, and I think we can do it...

By the way: I would never want Billy Donovan here....He's not made it past the 2nd round since 2000...
Once again I be with you Alfus.