Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#19 Pikeville vs. #21 Lawrence County (15th Region Championship) Prediction Thread.
dawgeers Wrote:I'm tired of hearing how great of a fastball hitting team Pikeville is. Banks owned them earlier in the year. He is low to mid 80's. They certainly didn't ping it around the yard then. They couldn't hit Shepherd his sophomore year when he shut them out. He was mid 80's then. Now he is topping out low to mid 90's. If they can square up one of his fastballs, then they should be signing D-I scholarships or going straight to the MLB draft. I'm not saying that they aren't capable of hitting him, just don't make them out to be a hitting machine because they averaged almost 10 runs a game against Phelps, Shelby Valley, and East Ridge.

They scored 5 runs against Prestonsburg and their 75 mph fastball. Again, just saying.

If JC can garner 5 hits off Chan and Will Meek hit one off the CF fence on him then Pikeville can surely produce some runs off him. I see this being 2-1 either way.

Everybody needs to man up and let the chips fall where they may. I see the pressure being on LC as they only scored 1 on Magoffin, 2 on Paintsville(without Jackson), and 1 on Belfry and ..............Mr. Baseball is Pitching for them.
If no errors, 11 innings 2-1 LC. Very big game for eastern ky baseball as a lot of scouts will be in attendance.
the pressure will be on LC. will they be able to put runs on the board, or with shepherd pitching will one or two runs be enough? i think pikeville will be able to get a run or two but can the dogs match it? there are alot of questions to be answered, is shepherd the king of the mound? will the dawgs score some runs? will pikevilles bats do the job? can hamilton shut them down? willl the heat be a factor? will it rain? will the popcorn be fresh? i guess its time to play it and see. good luck to both, i can only speculate it will be a good one.
I'll take LC 5-3.
So if you take away Pikeville bats and LC bats then what do you have left?? I believe this game is in Chandlers hands , if he pitches a dead on perfect game LC will win but we all know how often that happens, I believe I watched GRC get 9 hits off him in Boyd County but LC had 5 errors, if that happens Pikeville will win. Guess we will see who has the better day.
This will be a great game!!! It will be a pitchers duel, I believe Shepard will be on his A game that night and be almost untouchable. My prediction is the score will be 1-0 LC. With LC having to play a little small ball to score the run. But this game can go any way and one thing for certain is that, it will be a danddy of a game!
IMO I think LC dreads batting off of Hamilton worse than Pikeville dreads shepherd...
This will be a great game. Both teams players respect each other so much. The fans may not have a lot of respect for each other but the players do. I hope this game lives up to its hype. As it should be these are the two best teams in the region and it is the Championship game. As I have said beating LC without Shep on the hill would diminish a win by Pikeville. Both teams have pitchers who are almost unhittable and solid defense to back them up. Should be a dandy and this is as it should be. Good luck LC and let the chips fall where they may.
Commanche Wrote:If JC can garner 5 hits off Chan and Will Meek hit one off the CF fence on him then Pikeville can surely produce some runs off him. I see this being 2-1 either way.

Everybody needs to man up and let the chips fall where they may. I see the pressure being on LC as they only scored 1 on Magoffin, 2 on Paintsville(without Jackson), and 1 on Belfry and ..............Mr. Baseball is Pitching for them.
Commanche I agree with you on most all of your posts and most of this one as well. My disagreement comes with reguard to pressure. What you have forgotten about is that Pikeville has the higher ranking with the KHSAA the coaches poll and they are the defending regional champs who played some real nice baseball last season at the state tournament. Now that's what I call pressure.
huggybus02 Wrote:So if you take away Pikeville bats and LC bats then what do you have left?? I believe this game is in Chandlers hands , if he pitches a dead on perfect game LC will win but we all know how often that happens, I believe I watched GRC get 9 hits off him in Boyd County but LC had 5 errors, if that happens Pikeville will win. Guess we will see who has the better day.
Huggy-B. How are ya doin. I have a few comments about your apprisal of the GRC/LC game in BC. My view is that your 9 hits may have somewhat been tainted by perhaps too many good hotdogs. As everyone understands E's and H's can be closely related and that they are in effect in the eye of the beholder. We as lay fans of the game have a tendency to to view things the way we wish and sometime leave reality. Think of this: LC W 10-3 over a very niceGRC team who I believe is in the finals of the 10th region. 9 hits 5 errors don't seem to support your position when a team the caliber of GRC is in. Your comments at any rate do not support your stance as a dog fan. :biggrin:
So GRC had 9 hits and LC committed 5 errors and still won 10-3 is what he is saying. I'll take that lol.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Commanche I agree with you on most all of your posts and most of this one as well. My disagreement comes with reguard to pressure. What you have forgotten about is that Pikeville has the higher ranking with the KHSAA the coaches poll and they are the defending regional champs who played some real nice baseball last season at the state tournament. Now that's what I call pressure.

Point taken but I think you will agree we are the underdogs with Chan on the hill. That is why I think the pressure is on LC, nothing more. I think the first 5 hitters on each team will determine the outcome of the game. Hamilton is good and it is gonna be a great game. :1:
Pikeville's bats will kill any pitcher that has speed. I know Chandler throws 90's but I see Pikeville scoring alot of runs.
Bob Seger Wrote:Gee, it's been all of two weeks ago. You'd think I could remember that far back. You are right Kestner and Hamilton both came out after 5, due to pitch counts.

Kestner came out due to his back he had an injury it wasnt a high pitch count.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:So GRC had 9 hits and LC committed 5 errors and still won 10-3 is what he is saying. I'll take that lol.
Exactly, thank you sir, But I don't remember ever saying i was NOT a LC fan hustle so why you keep busting my chops??? I will be happy who ever wins but i gotta lean towards pikeville so unless you have anymore nonsense comments lets get back to the thread!
oh and by the way two of the errors were throwing errors to home where LC scored two runs, not that its important i guess!
I dont see Pikeville scoring on Shepherd. However, LC hasent looked too hot from behind the plate. This should make for a heck of a game. GO DAWGS!
9-POINT Wrote:I dont see Pikeville scoring on Shepherd. However, LC hasent looked too hot from behind the plate. This should make for a heck of a game. GO DAWGS!

***the plate
BASEBALL SLUGGER Wrote:Kestner came out due to his back he had an injury it wasnt a high pitch count.

I dont doubt that that is probably true. I am very much aware of his injury, but after 5 he was right at 100 pitches, so either way he's coming out.
This should be one of the best highschool baseball matchups in the state of Kentucky. Two great traditional powerhouses both loaded with talent, and both with excellen pitching and defense. Something has to give but what is it going to be?

I am a true LC fan and even if I wasn't, I would have to lean LC's way because of Shepherd on the mound.

Get there early and get a good seat should be a little cooler out tonight but beautiful baseball weather. Good luck to both teams...
I think regardless of underdogs or who is favored really makes no difference????!!!! The fact is that both teams have been talking trash since school started and the baseball Gods are finally going to give everybody what they wanted? LC had an easier road in the region, but Pikeville made it thru more easily? It's all going to come down to small ball and preparation. 1 maybe 2 runs will win this game. Whichever coach has prepared their team for what the other does the best, wins. Just my opinion here, but personally I do NOT think that LC has the offense to compete with Pikeville no matter who Pikeville throws? Therefore, I see Pikeville winning the 15th region tonight hands down, and I also see them making a huge run in the tournament. I would be really shocked if they don't make it to the state finals?
You don't need to score many runs with Shepherd on the mound. Pikeville will have a tough time ...
Pikeville has won easier is a way I suppose, but defense and pitching for both teams has been superb. I wish everyone who is making the trip a safe one, be careful no texting while driving Lol!!!! See you all there
[YOUTUBE="7 Hours."]6Mt0ee9FraQ[/YOUTUBE]
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think regardless of underdogs or who is favored really makes no difference????!!!! The fact is that both teams have been talking trash since school started and the baseball Gods are finally going to give everybody what they wanted? LC had an easier road in the region, but Pikeville made it thru more easily? It's all going to come down to small ball and preparation. 1 maybe 2 runs will win this game. Whichever coach has prepared their team for what the other does the best, wins. Just my opinion here, but personally I do NOT think that LC has the offense to compete with Pikeville no matter who Pikeville throws? Therefore, I see Pikeville winning the 15th region tonight hands down, and I also see them making a huge run in the tournament. I would be really shocked if they don't make it to the state finals?

You mean the same offense of Pikeville that struggled with Allen Central and Prestonsburg's 75 mph pitching? They played 25 or more 15th region teams. That is why their offensive numbers are inflated. I'm not saying that they aren't good or capable, but they are not great by any means. Have you ever heard the phrase "Good pitching will always beat good hitting"? Are you saying that Hamilton is better than Shepherd?

Call it a gut feeling, but I believe the LC bats will hit Hamilton and do enough damage to score 2-3 runs. Shepherd may give up 1-2 runs, but I don't see anymore than that (unless they make errors in the field). He will not walk himself in to a threat.
10th Reg. GRC/Bourbon Co. LC 10 GRC3. 13th N,Laurel/Clay Co. LC 8-NL 0. 14th Reg.Powell Co./LCC LC3 PC1. Lastly J-town beaten by St.X in the semi's of the 7th Reg.6-0.LC 2-Jtown 1 in the Louisville Inv. This is not a prediction just data.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:10th Reg. GRC/Bourbon Co. LC 10 GRC3. 13th N,Laurel/Clay Co. LC 8-NL 0. 14th Reg.Powell Co./LCC LC3 PC1. Lastly J-town beaten by St.X in the semi's of the 7th Reg.6-0.LC 2-Jtown 1 in the Louisville Inv. This is not a prediction just data.
And Greenup beat Harrison County last year! And Pikeville beat Greenup! And East Ridge beat Pikeville! And Prestonsburg beat East Ridge! And Allen Central beat Prestonsburg! And Betsy Layne beat Allen Central! And Phelps beat Beatsy Layne!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your true 2010 State Champion, the Phelps Hornets!

:1:
huggybus02 Wrote:Exactly, thank you sir, But I don't remember ever saying i was NOT a LC fan hustle so why you keep busting my chops??? I will be happy who ever wins but i gotta lean towards pikeville so unless you have anymore nonsense comments lets get back to the thread!
HB would you kindly review the posts you have made over the current baseball season. Upon review of same can you still contend that you are a LC fan. Could it be that your motive be elsewhere? Your posts appear to be on the neg.It is ok HUGGY to be a Pikeville fan living in Lawrence.There is absolutely no problem with that. I have a lot of friends in Pikeville and they may very well win this game. A lot of people living in Eastern Ky. are Reds fans but a lot like the Braves. It's ok. When one pretends they are something they are not that is a different situation. Have a nice day,a good game at the park and root for whomever you wish.
Panther Thunder Wrote:And Greenup beat Harrison County last year! And Pikeville beat Greenup! And East Ridge beat Pikeville! And Prestonsburg beat East Ridge! And Allen Central beat Prestonsburg! And Betsy Layne beat Allen Central! And Phelps beat Beatsy Layne!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your true 2010 State Champion, the Phelps Hornets!

:1:

:thatsfunn
All predictions posted have been for a low scoring game, so with that said the Dawgs bats breakout tonite and match P-ville's sticks & pull out a 7-6 win.