Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball League
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=18629.msg206450#msg206450 date=1141862845]
Why punish people for knowing more about how the game works though?
[/quote]
Whose being punished?  It's for fun league and not for money...Do you really want to spank fantasy league greenies for their lack of knowledge about how the league works?

If I understand correctly, a poll was taken and the majority prefered auto draft...can we get on with it and drop this argument?
This league is just for fun, why don't we try to have some?
Lets get ready to draft.  How many players do we want on each team?  What categories do we want?  What positons do we want?  Other words like 4 outfielders, or 4 infielders, 3 or 4 starting pitchers.  We have to get this done before we draft.  Once we draft everything is set.
I''ll suggest
1B
2B
SS
3B
C
OF
OF
OF
UTL
UTL
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP
...the rest as bench players
[quote author=PHSFAN link=topic=18629.msg207272#msg207272 date=1141924601]
I''ll suggest
1B
2B
SS
3B
C
OF
OF
OF
UTL
UTL
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP
...the rest as bench players
[/quote]

Looks good, except we only need one UTIL. player...
As far as the pitching goes, 2 SP, 2RP, 3P spots...
As far as categories go, we have too many..Just use Avg., HR's, RBI's, Runs, SB's, and W, Saves, K's, ERA, and WHIP...The other stuff is just kind of not needed..
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=18629.msg207400#msg207400 date=1141933576]
As far as categories go, we have too many..Just use Avg., HR's, RBI's, Runs, SB's, and W, Saves, K's, ERA, and WHIP...The other stuff is just kind of not needed..
[/quote]
I agree
I like this Idea
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=18629.msg207400#msg207400 date=1141933576]
[/quote]

Done.
If anyone disagree with the choices speak up.
Looks good to me.
In post 53 Homer Simpson wanted in but I guess Alfus is now staying.  If Homer still needs a spot let him have mine.  I've had some issues come up that will be taking more of my time so he would probably be more involved and enjoy it more.  Thanks guys if you need me to fill a spot then I'll stay but you'll probably get an easy win against me.  Good luck to all.
So when is the draft.
As soon as everyone is ready.  Don't forget to predraft the players.  Is everyone happy with postions, and catogories?
Everything sounds good to me LC99...
Everything looks good to me except for the IF position on there...I just dont think that is needed...But if everybody wants it there then thats fine...
So is Homer taking mine?
looks good ot me. so what kind of time frame are we looking at here.
Once everyone says they are ready we will draft, and when you say your ready, I'm taking it to mean that you predraft your players.  Once I set the draft it takes 24 to 48 hrs until we get the results.
ready
im ready
ready as Im going to be
I've done all I plan to...I'm ready.
5 People are ready to go.  Homer and CatDawg who is going to manage that team?
ready.
I'm not just ready, i'm ready freddy!! :clap:
I really do think we need to get rid of the "IF" position before we start...There's already enough infield positions, plus the two Utility positions are enough...
Can we please just go ahead and draft before alfus gets it whittled down to a one player per team league???

just kidding
[quote author=fox sports link=topic=18629.msg211001#msg211001 date=1142336749]
Can we please just go ahead and draft before alfus gets it whittled down to a one player per team league???

just kidding
[/quote]

99% of leagues dont have an "IF" position...I just want the league to be normal, not wacky or anything...There's not use for that position...
IF position is gone, my fault I forgot to take it out. 
Its no problem man :thumbsup: