Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatfields & McCoys on the History Channel
Anyone been watching?

It is awesome.
I'm recording it. Want to wait until I can watch it without interruption!!
^Not a bad idea. I watched the first two last night. Have to record tonight's episode.

The first night drew the largest ad-supported cable audience for a non-sporting event in US HISTORY! 13.4 million. #2 is now the second episode with 13.1 million.
My wife has been watching it and likes it, because she has a friend from Pike County who is a Hatfield. But I'll watch it when the NBA playoffs are over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panther Thunder Wrote:^Not a bad idea. I watched the first two last night. Have to record tonight's episode.

The first night drew the largest ad-supported cable audience for a non-sporting event in US HISTORY! 13.4 million. #2 is now the second episode with 13.1 million.

I read about this!! The article also said that History Channel had had the script for 20 years. They were originally going to make this 4 hrs long, but added the extra time after filiming began.

I got to watch the first half of the first show, but knew that I couldn't finish it. Gonna wait til Pappy Bear is out of town, get me a veggie platter and watch the whole thing!!

(prolly doze off in the middle of it!)
I missed the first day, but have watched it the last two days. And I really enjoy watching it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It was an amazing mini series. Hoping they make a DVD
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Would this had done as well as a movie?
I think they did the right thing. The mini series pulled millions and millions of viewers in and having it on cable with big name actors might have just started a new trend.
I dont think it would have done well at all in the movies.
HawksRule Wrote:It was an amazing mini series. Hoping they make a DVD

Seen a commercial for it during the show, July 31st.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Would this had done as well as a movie?
I think they did the right thing. The mini series pulled millions and millions of viewers in and having it on cable with big name actors might have just started a new trend.
I dont think it would have done well at all in the movies.

I agree. I do think this is trending.

Awesome pic HawksRule!! Beautiful.
DVR'd them all last night. Hope to watch over the weekend
Missed the last nights episode due to work.

I don't think it would have done as well if it were a movie.
I thought this was a fairly "dark" movie. I really didn't like the ending.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I thought this was a fairly "dark" movie. I really didn't like the ending.
I mean, the stuff happened lol. How would you have preferred they end it? haha
Thought it was interesting that this was filmed in Romania.
Bob Seger Wrote:Thought it was interesting that this was filmed in Romania.
Some guys, where I'm working in Logan, said it was because it was too grown up in the area where it actually happened to film it there.
It was good
Granny Bear Wrote:I read about this!! The article also said that History Channel had had the script for 20 years. They were originally going to make this 4 hrs long, but added the extra time after filiming began.

I got to watch the first half of the first show, but knew that I couldn't finish it. Gonna wait til Pappy Bear is out of town, get me a veggie platter and watch the whole thing!!

(prolly doze off in the middle of it!)

HAHAHA! I lol'd so hard Granny..hahahaha!
Watched the first two like 3 times so far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It was great. Costner and Paxton did great jobs.
I honestly wasn't a big fan of it...
it was okay.
But nothing amazing lol