Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dale Jr. Overrated?
Okay--we have all been talking about it--lets get it out there in the open with an honest discussion.

Is Dale Jr. overrated?
Will he ever win a championship?

I say he is way overrated. Matter of fact--he is riding the money train to victory lane--because that is the only way he can get there (remember--think restrictor plate racing).

What do you think?
Well, i've said this forever, but not only is Dale Jr the most overrated driver in nascar, he's the most overrated sports figure on earth. Ive also said put him on a track under a mile and a half, and he's TOAST. Jr lives off of his father's legacy. If not for Sr., Jr would be just another driver. He's got the best sponsors, he's had the top equipment, he's been given top of the line EVERYTHING. But he is arrogant and self-centered, and for that, he'll never be able to work with anybody. He will win a race or two every year (and he can thank Daytona and Talledega for that) but at MOST he'll be in the chase a time or two, and in those times, he will NEVER be consistent enough to win the championship. He doesnt have the drive, he'll never have his daddy's will and determination, nor will he ever have the patience, and skill. And nobody is intimidated by the name Earnhardt anymore. 8's not 3
I really wish that kerry would whoop him....but if he fights like he drives I think JR. would be ok....
Apparently so, He has to rent a spot in victory lane.
I love Jr.. so I don't think he's overrated
Jr. is awsome no matter what he was the son of The Legend he will win a championship soon.....
"OU_Bruiser" Wrote:Jr. is awsome no matter what he was the son of The Legend he will win a championship soon.....

With facts--what makes you think that the has the ability to win a championship?

My point is that he is only successful on restrictor plate tracks. He has a couple wins at non-restrictor plate races--but they are more "the sun shines on a dogs ass everyonce in a while" type situations as opposed to driving talent.

Like I said--what makes you think that he will win a championship?
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:Well, i've said this forever, but not only is Dale Jr the most overrated driver in nascar, he's the most overrated sports figure on earth. Ive also said put him on a track under a mile and a half, and he's TOAST. Jr lives off of his father's legacy. If not for Sr., Jr would be just another driver. He's got the best sponsors, he's had the top equipment, he's been given top of the line EVERYTHING. But he is arrogant and self-centered, and for that, he'll never be able to work with anybody. He will win a race or two every year (and he can thank Daytona and Talledega for that) but at MOST he'll be in the chase a time or two, and in those times, he will NEVER be consistent enough to win the championship. He doesnt have the drive, he'll never have his daddy's will and determination, nor will he ever have the patience, and skill. And nobody is intimidated by the name Earnhardt anymore. 8's not 3

I agree with that 100%
how many races has he won ... any body know off the top of their heads ...

doesn't gordon only need 3 more to surpass sr. ?
I despys Gordon always have and always will.......
"OU_Bruiser" Wrote:I despys Gordon always have and always will.......

i might take that as in insult if i knew what "DESPYS" meant ......
Funny--I haven't seen any facts to back up the fact that people DON'T think that Jr. is over rated.
"evillive" Wrote:i might take that as in insult if i knew what "DESPYS" meant ......
It means i hate him just not as harsh and i probly did't spell it right but ohwell and i don't care if people think Jr is overated or what ever he just my favorite to watch no matter win or lose he is still my favorite...and i don;t think any 1 on this thread said he was better then the other drivers or the best......
"OU_Bruiser" Wrote:It means i hate him just not as harsh and i probly did't spell it right but ohwell and i don't care if people think Jr is overated or what ever he just my favorite to watch no matter win or lose he is still my favorite...and i don;t think any 1 on this thread said he was better then the other drivers or the best......

you said about 5 posts up that he will win a championship soon... you have to beat other drivers or be the best to that ... the last time i checked
I really do like him.....but i have to say that he is somewhat overrated. It all started with him being super super popular coming in 6 years ago. Now he's got sponsorship deals out his rear. I must say he is a good driver, but not like current drivers like gordon, johnson, or stewart.
"acoustic_andrew" Wrote:I really do like him.....but i have to say that he is somewhat overrated. It all started with him being super super popular coming in 6 years ago. Now he's got sponsorship deals out his rear. I must say he is a good driver, but not like current drivers like gordon, johnson, or stewart.

didn't you say this ......"I assure you. Dale Jr. and Chad Johnson aren't overrated, they back themselves up." ---- in the other thread ....
well the "i assure part" was referring to something before it. but evillive, after you presented your case on Dale Jr. in the other thread, i remembered he's not as good as lots of other guys. I still say chad isn't overrated though but thats not this thread.
"evillive" Wrote:you said about 5 posts up that he will win a championship soon... you have to beat other drivers or be the best to that ... the last time i checked
Can't i have my own opinion....
"OU_Bruiser" Wrote:Can't i have my own opinion....

yes -- you can have your opinion and are welcome to it but...

that is not what you were called out on ... you stated and I quote "and i don;t think any 1 on this thread said he was better then the other drivers or the best......"

and i just pointed out that about 5 posts up you said that ... now the last time i checked you had to be better than anyone to win and championship and that is what you said ... he is awesome and will --- win a championship soon ...

it is ok for you to like him ... heck i would be embarassed to tell you some of the racers i have rooted for over the years but ... are you rooting for him because you like him, what he drives , his personality , how he carries himself....

or do you like him just because he is the "son of a legend" like you said ....
"evillive" Wrote:yes -- you can have your opinion and are welcome to it but...

that is not what you were called out on ... you stated and I quote "and i don;t think any 1 on this thread said he was better then the other drivers or the best......"

and i just pointed out that about 5 posts up you said that ... now the last time i checked you had to be better than anyone to win and championship and that is what you said ... he is awesome and will --- win a championship soon ...

it is ok for you to like him ... heck i would be embarassed to tell you some of the racers i have rooted for over the years but ... are you rooting for him because you like him, what he drives , his personality , how he carries himself....

or do you like him just because he is the "son of a legend" like you said ....

Good post/good questions . . . . . . .
Dale jr. has been through more than all the other 43 drivers combined his mind is not always on the track like other drivers are! He has put up with all the reporters and how is sopossed to be the best he is not! He just dosnt have any convidence in himself on raceday !
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Dale jr. has been through more than all the other 43 drivers combined his mind is not always on the track like other drivers are! He has put up with all the reporters and how is sopossed to be the best he is not! He just dosnt have any convidence in himself on raceday !

How in the world can you say that a 27/28 year old has went through more than any of the other drivers in NASCAR?

That may be one of the most uninformed things that I have read today.

Reporters? Give me a break. Jeff Gordon has had to deal with a lot more reporters than Dale Earnhardt Jr. And if you are talking about the death of his father--I am sure that there are plenty of people who have had to deal with the death of a loved one.

I can't even see how this has anything to do with the fact that he is overrated?
the death of a loved one is the reason why he's overrated? You think Kyle Petty's mind is always on the track? Kyle Petty had to deal with losing a grandfather and HIS OWN SON within a matter of a month or so.You think he don't think about that every time he gets on that track and speeds by that spot on the wall that took his son's life? That is a pathetic excuse...Bobby Allison has had to deal with the loss of two loved ones, as well as many other drivers.....There are hundreds of drivers that could use that excuse. As far as dealing with reporters, at least he gets to be the first to talk to them, because he cant finish a **** race.
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:the death of a loved one is the reason why he's overrated? You think Kyle Petty's mind is always on the track? Kyle Petty had to deal with losing a grandfather and HIS OWN SON within a matter of a month or so.You think he don't think about that every time he gets on that track and speeds by that spot on the wall that took his son's life? That is a pathetic excuse...Bobby Allison has had to deal with the loss of two loved ones, as well as many other drivers.....There are hundreds of drivers that could use that excuse. As far as dealing with reporters, at least he gets to be the first to talk to them, because he cant finish a **** race.

can't finish a ****in race!... now that's funny... i can't catch my breath ...

tides ... i only wish i would have thought of that !
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:Well, i've said this forever, but not only is Dale Jr the most overrated driver in nascar, he's the most overrated sports figure on earth. Ive also said put him on a track under a mile and a half, and he's TOAST. Jr lives off of his father's legacy. If not for Sr., Jr would be just another driver. He's got the best sponsors, he's had the top equipment, he's been given top of the line EVERYTHING. But he is arrogant and self-centered, and for that, he'll never be able to work with anybody. He will win a race or two every year (and he can thank Daytona and Talledega for that) but at MOST he'll be in the chase a time or two, and in those times, he will NEVER be consistent enough to win the championship. He doesnt have the drive, he'll never have his daddy's will and determination, nor will he ever have the patience, and skill. And nobody is intimidated by the name Earnhardt anymore. 8's not 3

I couldn't have said that better myself...