Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd Volleyball
phsplyr17..if you think pikeville will be so good then go make your own thread and tell everybody else about it...this is about sf v-ball :twisted:
I agree Pikeville volleyball is the best right now everyoone is 0-0.
I think Sf volleyball players are lazy and need to become serious and put forth the same amount of drive as last years seniors did from 1-15 on the team. So hope you girls work as hard as I think you will, then you will have a good season. Just going around the school do not see many putting in any extra off season work on their own. Big Grin
Pikeville is pretty good but sf has improved much more....they will need some extra work with the loss of a few good seniors..but i do know of some players that are starting to work out right now to start getting ready ..so overall this up coming season should be just as good as the last. sf players are pumped and ready to get back on the court. Tongue Idea
sounds good #13,#15 whatever, but takes more then just a couple of players to make a TEAM and i know that is what the SF volleyball program is all about and is why they are turningthe coner in that sport.
Sorry but I did not think their JV team was any good last year. It was just everyones elses were poor as well. It will be a long year for them if they think that the Jv from last year will help them JMO.
SF's JV team has went undefeated the last two years. The teams they have played in those two years have been good and there has been some close games but the SF JV just knows how to pull it together and play as a team and that's what really counts in the end. I think the JV team from last eyar will help alot because thery have some good JV players moving up.
Their record has been 18-3 last year and 17-4 the year before. those are great records but jv is not varsity and these players will have to work hard to help the varsity and i do not think they will have a choice but to work hard.
The Main Sport meaning b-ball??? HAHA Our Basketball team sucks...Look at their football team 2 dominating years to b-balls none......
South Floyd is losing a lot of good player, but we still have 3 starters coming back and JV players stepping up like Tiffany Tackett and Kasey Elkins...We will dominate this year just like we did last year...and BL here we come!!! Pikeville is good but ya know were better!!! and if you want some come get some, well be more than happy to bring it on and spike it down ur throat!....byes!! :wink: :twisted: :!:
Once again only two players that'll be stepping up is getting credit. Sure all of next years seniors were on varsity this year but c'mon people not being disrespectful or anything but there'sa more than just Kasey and Tiffany stepping up for next year! Megan, Katie and Leslie are good but you can't play with only three people. Man, conditioning hasn't veen started yet and I can already tell that alot of people are gonna get left out and only select ones are gonna get the credit for everything, if it all starts to turn out the way it's looking I know one girl that WONT be playing!
go south floyd
I agree VonWafer go SF...Hopefully I'll be there playing with them...that is unless they start being stupid and selfish and taking all the credit for themselves and not caring bout the other players on the team...if that happens...I'll be sitting at home raising my GPA so I can go to college.
i wish them well.....cuz pikeville aint good
thankx...I appreciate your support...do you think that a girl would be wrong if she sat out her senior year because everyone kept her in the shadows and never reconized her as part of the team?
DTfan, there will be no need for quiting or not playin because all the girls will get credit for everything they do, Our seniors have good leadership and will give everyone the credit they deserve. We will be dominate next year and for the people who are lookin down on us are gonna be suprised and are in for a big suprise Big Grin
I am not a fan of the game, but I can say this somebody needs to quit feeling sorry for themself an Play. I thought it was a team sport not an individual one. If you can play the other kids will know it.
i think dtfan u need to stop whining, just play for urself
Who ever said I was whining I was just asking a question. I got kinda offended when a friend of mine wasn;t included with the seniors for next year. I don't play the sport but my friend does and I think she's pretty good when she wnats to be.
Is Keith Smallwood going to coach the Lady Raiders next year? I heard he lost the coaching job??? What about Johnny Little? :?:
I was, I must admit a bit taken back when I saw that someone had heard Keith Smallwood was not hired back as Coach for the Lady Raiders volleyball team. This team has made great strides under the leadership of Coach Smallwood and his assistant John Little. I believe that if this info was correct I might possibly would have caught wind of it before being on the site about Him not returning. That would be left up to him and I don't remember hearing anything from the people that know him well. They experienced their best season this year and won over 20 for the first time in school history. He also had a couple that are going away on scholarships which seems to be a nice statement about the girls efforts and the coaching staff's willingness to follow up on contacts to help players that are eager to keep playing after high school. I just about guarantee Coach K will return and all for the better for the girls that play.
I've also heard that he wasn't going to be coaching because of the rule that they were going to start enforcing but I don't see them taking Coach Smallwood's or Coach Little's jobs after the imrovement's they have made in the program.
Coach Smallwood just confirmed that he and coach Little wil both be back for the 05-06 V-ball season. Thats good to hear. They both have done a terrific job with the program and I'm glad to hear they will be returing next season!!!
Glad to hear it!
Im glad that coach smallwood and little are coming back... They have been with us for years and know what they are talkin about when it comes to us girls. They know us best!! Smile They arent goin n e where!... Big Grin
I agree 100% spiker_chic. If we all work as hard as I think we're going to this season will be better than last years. We're going to have to put alot of hours being in the gym to win regionals but it'll all be worth it!
DTFAN, you said you did not play but where aggervated that Kim was not being mentioned and that she would not be there if the team keep her in the shadows. I can tell you are not part of this team because that is what it is unlike a lot of other sports its a TEAM and the coaches make sure of that. They had around 5 seniors last year that hardly saw the court and how many of them quit 0 says something about the team. Yes I know who you are talking about and the team wants her to step up like she can. but by already hearing so called friends say this stuff is not a way to help. If you are a friend say so and support her and not make excuses. I have seen her play the last two years on jv and she has made big improvement since coming from BL and hope she continues the hard work.
I totally agree with littlej. We are a team, and we try to give everyone the same attention. All players for sf volleyball have great potential and need to work hard this yr to bring it all out! Soo good luck ladies!!
I do support Kim...she knows I do and I support the Lady Raiders as a team. What they have accomplished since the program has started is unbelieveable but not impossible with the talent, dedication and players like SF has. I wish them the best of luck this coming season. They have a bunch of good girls and they deserve the best.
Well said littlej!!
i wish spider chick and all SF players good luck next year, even tho they wont need it...GO BEEEF!!!!!!!!