Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Monday Night Wars ruin wrestling for you
Although I love watching wrestling still, I find myself not as upset if my DVR screw's up and misses a recording, or just watching something else sometimes. I have noticed it more of myself especially in the last 5 years. I used to be furious when I missed my wrestling, now I just shrug it off. I personally don't hate either of the 2 bigger wrestling companies, just like anything else you go in phases in your life. I just haven't been as big a fan as I was when the war's were happening. I was a casual fan of wrestling back in the early 90's, and when the monday night war's first hit, I went into a wrestling craze mode. I had to switch back and forth between both show's for 2 hour's, it was a pain in the fricken ass, but I loved every minute of it. When WCW closed I know I had lost a little piece of that love I had gained over the last 5 or so year's of the war's.

No matter what is going on in wrestling right now, it just seem's to me that fan's are not happy. Most hate TNA more because their younger, and trying to find what work's. WWE is just gliding along with a minimum amount of effort, and will continue too, until either TNA finally becomes a challenge, and another legitmate war breaks out, ot until the hardcore fan finally just has had enough of the same shit every week that is pumped out, and house show's begin to decline, and they have to step it up to regain their fanbase.

So does anyone agree with me that to a certain extent that wrestling fan's are just burnt out, and are waiting someone in general for a company to step up? Or do we need another monday night war to make the wrestling fan get them butterflies in their stomach when they are getting the best out of wrestling that it has to offer?
No. Simple answer to a simple question.
Not really, I started constantly watching wrestling during that era.

Although I was always a loyal WWE guy, I would always watch that 1st hour of Nitro everyweek and always flip back and forth during commercials.

Good Times.
J-Rod Wrote:Not really, I started constantly watching wrestling during that era.

Although I was always a loyal WWE guy, I would always watch that 1st hour of Nitro everyweek and always flip back and forth during commercials.

Good Times.

That was fun-times. I'd do the same thing
During the hey-day of it, I was in middle-school and they didn't want me staying up until almost midnight, lol, so dad always recorded it. He would sit up and flip between during commercials. Gotta love him for that! I would get up really early and watch the tape, because my friends would ALWAYS talk about it, and I didn't want anything spoiled.
^ That's a great story LWC