Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What seniors are Pikeville returning?
?????????????????????????
I know they return Chase Huffman, arguably the best pitcher in Eastern Kentucky. Justin Anderson, who is also an excellent pitcher who pitched in the regional championship game last year against Paintsville. Mackenzie Carter returns as well, and he also pitches I believe. And Weston Robinson is an awesome outfielder with great speed and an excellent arm. He is also a tremendous hitter as well. That is all I know of. Anyone else know of any others?
Is Carter a senior?
Carter is a junior. They also return Matt Sexton. They only return Weston Robinson and Justin Anderson with any playing experience. They lost everything. Josh Chafin is also a senior......has never played. Sexton has had a few at bats over the last couple of years, but mostly as a pinch-hitter. Huffman comes back, but does nothing but pitch. It may take a while for this team to come around. We'll see.
how good will they be
What positions do some of these seniors play?
Sexton will probably catch......though if you are familiar with Josh Adams who caught the last two years, you know this will be a major drop in that position. Josh Chafin will probably play first base, though if you are familiar with Jess Parrish, you know this will be a major drop in that position. Chase Huffman does nothing but pitch, though he's very good at it. Weston Robinson will be in centerfield where he will be very good. Justin Anderson has played several positions for the Panthers inthe last 3 years, so who knows where he will play, but he will do a good job wherever he plays.

Overall, i'd say this is a major re-building year for Pikeville. THey have 3 good pitchers, Anderson and Huffman and Carter(though unproven). so, that will help. But they are going to have to replace too much with players that are not nearly as good as what they lost.
Pikeville also returns JM Mayo...he will catch.
Sexton prob will see time in the outfield.
Robert Boyd is also a nice pitcher.
Sexton is the catcher. Coach Lawson has said that and that's what all the players are saying. Mayo has to work on throwing accuracy before he can catch or pitch. I forgot about Boyd. He pitches very little last year and did decent. But he only throws about 70 m.p.h.(maybe) and wouldn't be effective for over an inning or two. Griffin Hall may pitch some.
i dont think boyd even throws it that hard but he has so much movment on his ball that he could be effective for the panthers this year.
"PantherFan" Wrote:Sexton will probably catch......though if you are familiar with Josh Adams who caught the last two years, you know this will be a major drop in that position. Josh Chafin will probably play first base, though if you are familiar with Jess Parrish, you know this will be a major drop in that position. Chase Huffman does nothing but pitch, though he's very good at it. Weston Robinson will be in centerfield where he will be very good. Justin Anderson has played several positions for the Panthers inthe last 3 years, so who knows where he will play, but he will do a good job wherever he plays.

Overall, i'd say this is a major re-building year for Pikeville. THey have 3 good pitchers, Anderson and Huffman and Carter(though unproven). so, that will help. But they are going to have to replace too much with players that are not nearly as good as what they lost.

I probably watched 95% of the 15th region teams play last season- Adams was the top catcher I watched. He'll be hard to replace.
"WOW" Wrote:I probably watched 95% of the 15th region teams play last season- Adams was the top catcher I watched. He'll be hard to replace.
Adams was probably the best catcher in the region last year. He'll be tough to follow. Looked a lot like Jorge Posada didn't he?:BigLaugh:
i kept up with pville last season...sexton played a lot everywhere including OF and even some first base...this guy has a strong arm, is a solid hitter, and is what i see to be one of the elite catchers in the 15th...

adams was clearly the best in the 15th last season...sexton played behind him all season...pikville will be fine...
huffman and anderson will be the studs of the pitching staff with carter being a pretty good 3 guy...carter showed some inconsistentcy last season from time to time with control issues...i hope robinson can improve his streakin hittin and be an on base guy next yr..he'll probably be a good lead off...id like to see huffman play some OF too...this guy has way to good of an arm...
Be careful calling Sexton and "elite" catcher in the region. He has never caught in a varsity game.....and he's a senior. How can he be elite?
calm down pantherfan....by my post i meant he had the potential to be one of the best catchers in the region...im not callin him the best...bc i dont think he is
"mtnfootball7" Wrote:i kept up with pville last season...sexton played a lot everywhere including OF and even some first base...this guy has a strong arm, is a solid hitter, and is what i see to be one of the elite catchers in the 15th...

adams was clearly the best in the 15th last season...sexton played behind him all season...pikville will be fine...
though i am not shure i believe adams has an above average time from hime to second in the major leagues i was told by a reliable source that he had a time of 1.9 and the average for major leagues is 2.1
he has the arm but one thing that i saw last year was he at times had trouble with the tranfer from glove to hand
he was going to walk on at EKU but there were already 5 catchers
pikeville College has recent ly given him a schollarship and he will be getting some playing time
i dont think he wll have any trouble catching because he has cought the best pitcher in the 15th (chase huffman) who throws lowe 90's and thats a little bit above what they throw at Pikeville College