Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Is The Best Cheer Squad In The State? (Not Just The Mountains)
Please educate us.

Who is the best cheer squad in the state? Who is traditionally the team to beat for the big trophy? And--why are they the best? What makes their program different?
If you'll be more specific as to the catagory we can have a great discussion. It's like asking "who's the best football team in the state" when the teams are split into classes. I look forward to discussing and sharing thoughts on this one!
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:If you'll be more specific as to the catagory we can have a great discussion. It's like asking "who's the best football team in the state" when the teams are split into classes. I look forward to discussing and sharing thoughts on this one!

Traditional/Co-ed, what am I missing?

Go ahead and list them all . . . . .

Your football analogy doesn't work--because there are plenty of people who would give you answer for "who is the BEST football team in the state" (regardless of class). I won't take that as a shot--but I will take it as reasoning as to why cheerleaders/cheerleading tends to make things a little too picky.

Why couldn't you just list who was best for all of the categories? Did you want to try to make me look bad or something--like I didn't have a clue what I was talking about?

Like I said--that is what I am talking about. If you would open up and explain things a little more--people would listen--instead of trying to act like they don't know what they are talking about.

Remember--if you really love a sport--you are willing to take the time to make sure everyone understands your sport--WITHOUT FRUSTRATION, or without coming from a bad place.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Traditional/Co-ed, what am I missing?

Go ahead and list them all . . . . .

Your football analogy doesn't work--because there are plenty of people who would give you answer for "who is the BEST football team in the state" (regardless of class). I won't take that as a shot--but I will take it as reasoning as to why cheerleaders/cheerleading tends to make things a little too picky.

Why couldn't you just list who was best for all of the categories? Did you want to try to make me look bad or something--like I didn't have a clue what I was talking about?

Like I said--that is what I am talking about. If you would open up and explain things a little more--people would listen--instead of trying to act like they don't know what they are talking about.

Remember--if you really love a sport--you are willing to take the time to make sure everyone understands your sport--WITHOUT FRUSTRATION, or without coming from a bad place.

Okay..... I did begin my cheer discussions with that info in the 15th region. KAPOS 2006 is the thread. Let's begin there! Might be able to post the info for the rest of the state as soon as they've had their meetings to declare which division everyone has chosen.!
15th Region 2006
Small-SVHS
JCHS
P-burg

Med- South Floyd
Pikeville (Maroon)

Lg.- MCHS
Belfry (varsity)
BLHS
Pike CCHS
SCHS

Traditional- Pikeville (white)

Co-ed- Belfry
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:Okay..... I did begin my cheer discussions with that info in the 15th region. KAPOS 2006 is the thread. Let's begin there! Might be able to post the info for the rest of the state as soon as they've had their meetings to declare which division everyone has chosen.!
15th Region 2006
Small-SVHS
JCHS
P-burg

Med- South Floyd
Pikeville (Maroon)

Lg.- MCHS
Belfry (varsity)
BLHS
Pike CCHS
SCHS

Traditional- Pikeville (white)

Co-ed- Belfry

Cool. I will get myself up to speed . . . . . .

And--in all honesty--I am really interested in which squads teams look at and try to emulate. Who are the traditional powers (I think I know a few--but I don't want to look like an idiot just yet).
Here is the results from 2005, listed on the KAPOS website.

2005 STATE AT-LARGE RESULTS
Understand that "AT-LARGE" & "SWEET 16 in-game" COMPETITIONS ARE TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHEER!

TRADITIONAL

1ST George Rogers Clark Red

(Jane Meyer Trophy)

2ND Williamsburg

3RD Madison Central

4TH East Carter

5TH Pikeville White

2 1/2 SMALL

1ST Butler Traditional

2ND Madison Central

3RD Perry County Central Red

4TH North Laurel

5TH Madisonville North Hopkins

2 1/2 MEDIUM

1ST Dunbar

2ND Pikeville Maroon

3RD Hazard

4TH Reidland

5TH Lawrence County

2 1/2 LARGE

1ST Dunbar

2ND Anderson County

3RD Lincoln County

4TH George Rogers Clark White

5TH Perry County Central Black

COED

1ST Graves County

(Richard Bedwell Trophy)

2ND Bullitt Central

3RD Russell County

4TH Belfry

5TH Butler County

KAPOS 2005 COACH OF THE YEAR

Ruth Campbell - George Rogers Clark

2005 BOYS' SWEET SIXTEEN AWARDS

1ST Perry County Central

2ND Elizabethtown

3RD Henry Clay

4TH Lone Oak

K-PEP Pendleton County

2005 GIRLS' SWEET SIXTEEN AWARDS

1ST Henderson County

2ND Scott County

3RD Montgomery County

4TH Rowan County

K-PEP Paducah Tilghman
Dunbar is one of the top squads in the state year in and year out. I mean hell, they did have a MTV series about them :thumb:
I don't know anything about the classes or such, but I'm pretty sure Greenup County has one of the best cheer squads in the state. They are on ESPN2 all the time for the cheerleading competitions and always talked about in high regard. They win the national championship on there year in and year out.
I just looked it up and they are the 11 time National Cheerleading Champions and 6 time National Dance Team Champions.

Here is the link: http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0310540/...age10.html
We watched Greenup cheerleaders a few nights ago when our girls bball team played at the greenhouse, they look awesome as usual. The Greenup fans REALLY support their cheerleaders,the guys dressed up as the 3 Musketeers really adds to the atmosphere. They were even in some of the floor cheers and stunts.
You are absolutely right "Beef", Dunbar is great, as is Greenup! I would love to see Greenup come back to the State competition. Dunbar was @ KAPOS last year and showed everyone why they are so well respected Nationwide.... for the Kentucky squads, who consistantly cheer amongst the best in the UCA Nationals and place(and it's a pretty big country) I'd like to say, "Thank You"! You're amazing and something everyone can proud of! I am hoping for the day when everyone can come to a State competition and show how great Kentucky cheer leading is!
hazard
Hazard is excellant! Perry CCHS is excellant! This goes to show you that (2) schools in the same county can co-exist in excellance!
you cant use the KAPOS list as a true example. Sorry. Not every school in the state of kentucky competes at KAPOS. You never see squads like Ballard, Louisville Male, Dupont Manual, or other NCA squads at KAPOS. Squads that go to KAPOS are largely schools that compete at UCA or do not compete in any competition other than KAPOS state.

I am pretty sure the only squads from kentucky that have won UCA nationals are greenup county (11 times), PLDunbar (3 times i think), Pikeville ( 2 times), Boyd County (1-2 times), Henry Clay and a few others. I can check on that.

Squads that have won NCA nationals are Dupont Manual, Male, and a few other schools in northern and western KY. I can get the exact records.

Tates Creek and Bullitt Central always made a good showing at UCA Nationals. Perry Country Central hasnt won nationals yet but they always make it to finals and im sure they have a championship headed their way. I think Johnson Central has gone to nationals a few times but i dont think they have made it into the finals.

And just for some state pride, Kentucky and Texas are known as the best states in the country for cheerleading. Especially with college squads like UK who wins UCA college nationals every year and U of L who wins NCA college nationals every year.
Sorry my mistake. I was just on Varsity.com and i forgot to mention North laurel who has won and South Laurel who always make a strong showing.

Harrison county, Ryle, and Madison Central also regularly attend nationals
Here's how it gonna go..on Saturday, for anyone who doesn't know..is the cheerleading regional competition at Pikeville...

Belfry WILL win large divison..there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the girls will take the floor with confidence and be ready to go..and with confidence and faith..you cant lose..and rewind state tapes from last year people..pcchs cant even compare to what Belfry can do with or without boys..this year Belfry Varsity has stepped it up and are amazing..there not only physically able to do this..but mentally..they are ready to go up against every squad out there..and they want it bad..not just for themselves but to prove to everybody they can do it.. =):Cheerlead
i think the top 2 best squads in the state of kentucky would have to be
dunbar and green-up county i dont care how good you are they are incredible
Graves County won the coed division at Nationals this year.

Pikeville's junior high squad also won nationals in 2003.

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I think Butler Traditional and North Laurel are very talented squads and I cant wait to see what they do this year...

also.. it confuses me why nelson county didnt place last year I thought there routine was great!!
Well...Thats Easy...Graves County...They Rock! Thats For Coed...But If You Can Help Me....What Divsion Is Greenup In?
You cant count Perry County Central out for a State Title in 2006! Those girls work very hard and always come to perform! Good Luck to all Ky squads!
HHS should come home with the title!! :bow:
[quote author=DoReS_#1 link=topic=18486.msg210357#msg210357 date=1142261522]
You cant count Perry County Central out for a State Title in 2006! Those girls work very hard and always come to perform! Good Luck to all Ky squads!
[/quote]

doesnt matter greenup and dunbar would dominate them they dont even compare no one does greenup and dunbar are just awesome