Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Jones decides to remain at UK!
It you don't like it, don't read buddy.. This is what makes BGR fun, people say what they think...... The talent has been better then ever but still NO titles SOOOO!! Uk had 6 pros in 96 and won the title... 2010 7 pros (if miller and liggins go), No title.... I think 7 pro basketball players should beat college players...
ekff Wrote:It you don't like it, don't read buddy.. This is what makes BGR fun, people say what they think...... The talent has been better then ever but still NO titles SOOOO!! Uk had 6 pros in 96 and won the title... 2010 7 pros (if miller and liggins go), No title.... I think 7 pro basketball players should beat college players...

The last thing I'm going to do is get in a Nerd fight with you. However, I implicated nobody in my post/response. I only expressed my sentiments about the absurdityof the post and how the thread had derailed into nonsense. If u want to step up and assume I was talking directly to you then so be it. Maybe I was maybe I wasn't. So, if you don't like my response and posts on a thread,"DON'T READ THEM" and certainly dont reply. Opinions are like a#@$oles and everybody's got one. :Clap:
Joneslab Wrote:This thread should be closed for the shear amount of ignorance floating around in the posts by a select few. UK went to the F***ing Final Four last year. Give me a break people. It had been 13 stinking years. It amazes me that people put so much time an effort into stupid ass arguments like this. UK won when it mattered and different players stepped up at different times throughout the season when they were needed. UK is in a golden age right now. Enjoy. It will end soon enough. IMO this rivals what Pitino put together in the mid 90s. It may even be better from a talent standpoint and will definitely be deemed superior if Cal can win a title. Be happy for the wins if you are a UK fan. Quit looking for stupid things to bitch about. It is not to long ago that Billy G almost sank the program to the bottom of the college basketball ocean. Its threads like this that make it embrassing to be a UK fan sometimes. Some of you need to take a depth breath and look back a few years ago and be thankful for the current situation. Respect your team.

Agreed.
When I was talking about Jones weaknesses, I didn't mean it in a negative way, I was just making the case that Knight was CLEARLY our best player.
Bolt Wrote:I wouldnt be surprised to see Jones riding the bench if this talent coming in is as good as they say.
Honestly, Jones hurt us more than just about anybody last year, especially in big situations. If Kanter would have been ruled eligible and JH still had the same type of year his playing time would have been cut in half. With Davis coming in and Miller staying on board, i would be surprised to see those two along with teague gilchrist and maybe Lacey coming in, i wouldnt be surprised to see cal put that 5 on the floor. And lets not forget about Lamb.
One things for sure, were gonna have depth.

:thatsfunn Who's going to start over him at the 4? Wiltjer? He can shoot and he's lengthy, but he can't do as much for us as Jones can. You can mark it down that the starters will be Teague, Davis, Jones, Lamb and Gilchrist with Miller starting in front of Gilchrist a couple games here and there.
LClion4life Wrote::thatsfunn Who's going to start over him at the 4? Wiltjer? He can shoot and he's lengthy, but he can't do as much for us as Jones can. You can mark it down that the starters will be Teague, Davis, Jones, Lamb and Gilchrist with Miller starting in front of Gilchrist a couple games here and there.

KSR asked the same thing.

I would think that with Deandre Liggins gone, 4 of the starters for next season would be locked in place, assuming nothing crazy happens from now until October.
PG: Marquis Teague
SG: Doron Lamb
PF: Terrence Jones
C: Anthony Davis

But, I will be very interested to see how Cal handles the 3-spot next season, especially at the beginning of the year. You have 2 options. One is Darius Miller, who has started both seasons under Calipari and is now a senior. On the other hand is hotshot freshman Michael Gilchrist, who was the #1 ranked player in the class for a couple years, and is Top 5 currently is nearly all projections. I would be willing to bet a player of his caliber expects to start.

And maybe 2 weeks into the season it will be clear that one guy or another will be the obvious choice, but as of right now, we don’t know just how good Gilchrist will be. And we do know Miller can be inconsistent at times. But, Darius will be the first real case in Cal’s career of choosing between a veteran and freshman. Tubby Smith was known to be quite loyal to his seniors. Other coaches play whoever they think is best. We don’t yet know where Cal stands.

But, do you think it is Miller’s spot to lose OR should there be no guarantee of starting for him? Will it be an open competition?
Aslan, this whole tread has turned into one big HA!! People r so stupid!!! You can't say anything BAD about the wildcats!!!! But jones was and still is the best player on the team and everyone knows it!!!!
ekff Wrote:Aslan, this whole tread has turned into one big HA!! People r so stupid!!! You can't say anything BAD about the wildcats!!!! But jones was and still is the best player on the team and everyone knows it!!!!

Haha, I respectfully disagree, IMO it was Knight. But there is nothing wrong with debating, there is no right opinion.
Some people on here are very defensive over their Cats, StarDust trolls them all the time Big Grin
LClion4life Wrote::thatsfunn Who's going to start over him at the 4? Wiltjer? He can shoot and he's lengthy, but he can't do as much for us as Jones can. You can mark it down that the starters will be Teague, Davis, Jones, Lamb and Gilchrist with Miller starting in front of Gilchrist a couple games here and there.

Do you not read a damn thing past the first sentence?
I SAID, if jones starts sucking like he did at times last year, Cal might for to a 4 GUARD system like weve seen a couple of times before leavin Davis as the only true big man on the floor at times.
Damn, read the whole post next time.
lclion4life Wrote::thatsfunn who's going to start over him at the 4? Wiltjer? He can shoot and he's lengthy, but he can't do as much for us as jones can. You can mark it down that the starters will be teague, davis, jones, lamb and gilchrist with miller starting in front of gilchrist a couple games here and there.

i would have to disagree because i dont see lamb starting.
The lineups will be : Pg teague , sg miller , sf gilchrist , pf jones, c davis. The reason i see miller playing the two is cause he is a good shooter and has length and the reason why i have him at sg instead of sf is gilchrist is a better rebounder and defender down low and although gilchrist is much more athletic i would still see this order.:1:
Aslan Wrote:Haha, I respectfully disagree, IMO it was Knight. But there is nothing wrong with debating, there is no right opinion.
Some people on here are very defensive over their Cats, StarDust trolls them all the time Big Grin

I have to agree with Aslan on this one.
SCHS#70 Wrote:i would have to disagree because i dont see lamb starting.
The lineups will be : Pg teague , sg miller , sf gilchrist , pf jones, c davis. The reason i see miller playing the two is cause he is a good shooter and has length and the reason why i have him at sg instead of sf is gilchrist is a better rebounder and defender down low and although gilchrist is much more athletic i would still see this order.:1:

I could see that lineup. UK will lead the nation is shot blocks again if they have this athletic of a lineup on the court.