Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Pike County Middle School Volleyball tournament
Any predictions for the upcoming tournament this Thursday thru Saturday? As of right now, I know Belfry is #1 in county. They actually are tied with Pikeville (one loss apiece to each other), but own the tiebreaker by virtue of winning over Pikeville in 2 games, versus Pikeville beating them in 3 games. So it is currently Belfry #1 and Pikeville #2 county wide. Due to the lack of other school updates here, I'm not sure how the other schools have done this year.

Personally, I think this might just be Pikeville's year. They've done a tremendous job overall, winning the Allen Central Volleyfest this year, and matching up very well with Belfry. The loss to Belfry was AT Belfry on a Monday night, and came after they played a total of 7 matches from 6 pm Friday night to 7 pm Saturday night the weekend before. Those girls were flat out exhausted. No excuses though, Belfry was the better team that night and played a great match. I think this is going to be a great tournament, very very even among the teams beneath Belfry and Pikeville in the rankings. From what I've seen, Virgie or Millard stand best chance of making a run if they get hot.
Anyone have the brackets for the county tournament?
Thursday night games

#8 Elkhorn City v #9 Dorton at 6 pm (Elkhorn won)
#7 Phelps v #10 Mullins at 7 pm (Phelps won)
#4 Millard v #5 Johns Creek at 8 pm (no result known as of now)

Friday night games

#3 Virgie v #6 Feds Creek at 6 pm
#1 Belfry v #8 Elkhorn game at 7 pm
#2 Pikeville v #7 Phelps at 8 pm
PHSForever Wrote:Thursday night games

#8 Elkhorn City v #9 Dorton at 6 pm (Elkhorn won)
#7 Phelps v #10 Mullins at 7 pm (Phelps won)
#4 Millard v #5 Johns Creek at 8 pm (no result known as of now)

Friday night games

#3 Virgie v #6 Feds Creek at 6 pm
#1 Belfry v #8 Elkhorn game at 7 pm
#2 Pikeville v #7 Phelps at 8 pm
One correction, Dorton beat Elkhorn City and plays Belfry, not the other way around. Still have not heard the results of the Johns Creek v Millard game, working on that.
PHSForever Wrote:One correction, Dorton beat Elkhorn City and plays Belfry, not the other way around. Still have not heard the results of the Johns Creek v Millard game, working on that.
Pikeville, Belfry, and Virgie all won tonight. Millard beat Johns Creek Thursday night.

Saturday's Semifinal matchups are

#1 Belfry vs #4 Millard

#2 Pikeville vs #3 Virgie

Consolation game to immediately follow Pikeville-Virgie game, and Championship game has been moved to Monday night.
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville, Belfry, and Virgie all won tonight. Millard beat Johns Creek Thursday night.

Saturday's Semifinal matchups are

#1 Belfry vs #4 Millard

#2 Pikeville vs #3 Virgie

Consolation game to immediately follow Pikeville-Virgie game, and Championship game has been moved to Monday night.
#1 Belfry defeats #4 Millard, #2 Pikeville defeats #3 Virgie. Consolation game Millard vs Virgie (result unknown). Championship game Monday night at 6 pm between Belfry and Pikeville. This will be a DANDY matchup, rubber match between two teams who each own one win against the other.
Looking forward to the big game this evening. Two very strong teams. Seems to be quite a bit of interest, as I'm hearing Belfry is bringing a fan bus and I know Pikeville has one as well. Pikeville girls have shown a ton of heart this year. Truly neutral floor, so it will be interesting since each team beat the other on their home floor.

To the Pikeville girls, I remind you of the 6 W's rule: Work Will Win Where Wishing Won't.

Now, go out there and bring home the trophy! :1:
Belfry defeats Pikeville 2-0 in a hard fought, well played game by both teams. Both sets were very close, in the end, Belfry made less mistakes than Pikeville. Respect out to the "East side" on their county championship.

:Clap:
good job!
meangreenrobinette Wrote:good job!
Thank you. These girls had a great year, finishing 23-3 (A team) overall after the loss last night. Very prooud of them. The high school JV and Varsity teams are going to be loaded for the next several years at Pikeville.