Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SV-103 Piarst-34
How sad! Anybody got anything to say about the game now is the time?
What a big suprise. Anyone know how long the starters played?
I made two of these things about the game so sorry........ Please use the other one. lol
Just go ahead and use this one, I already locked the other one.
Kinda sad , but oh well
When did the Varsity come out?
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:Just go ahead and use this one, I already locked the other one.

Thanks, my bad about making two.
"megaman" Wrote:
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:Just go ahead and use this one, I already locked the other one.

Thanks, my bad about making two.

No problem
Torqque, YOU ARE A SCARY GOOD PREDICTION MAN LOL!
This is terrible to see but we all knew it would happen. I would like to know how long Booher played the starters though. It makes me wonder if starters played throughout the game like they did against Pikeville, until the very main end.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Torqque, YOU ARE A SCARY GOOD PREDICTION MAN LOL!

What was it?
The starters played one full quarter and maybe 2 minutes of the 2nd before being yanked for the game...

The younger guys done all the damage in this one...
Congrats to Valleys JV.
QQ predicted Valley by 70. He was off by one
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Torqque, YOU ARE A SCARY GOOD PREDICTION MAN LOL!

:wink:
The guys that got most of the playing time weren't the six, seventh, and eighth men. You would have to jump down a few more to find most of the stats in this one.
I know TorQQue has commented that I think that SV and Piarist shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence....but I did not mean that when I posted in the other forum...I meant that no one should be embarassed like this....

What if it was Louisville Trinity vs. SV predictions and someone said Trinity by 50 or something crazy like that. Everyone would go crazy on here. But, I'm sure some Piarist ppl may read this. I admire the guys for sticking with it.

No matter how good you are or who you are playing, no one deserves to be beaten like this. After being up 30+, you tell your players to take it easy. Beating someone by 70 is not a challenge, and it shows little discipline and little class on the coach's part. Booher should have dressed about 1/2 his squad as freshman and 8th graders--he knew it would be no contest.
"dominator05" Wrote:I know TorQQue has commented that I think that SV and Piarist shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence....but I did not mean that when I posted in the other forum...I meant that no one should be embarassed like this....

What if it was Louisville Trinity vs. SV predictions and someone said Trinity by 50 or something crazy like that. Everyone would go crazy on here. But, I'm sure some Piarist ppl may read this. I admire the guys for sticking with it.

No matter how good you are or who you are playing, no one deserves to be beaten like this. After being up 30+, you tell your players to take it easy. Beating someone by 70 is not a challenge, and it shows little discipline and little class on the coach's part. Booher should have dressed about 1/2 his squad as freshman and 8th graders--he knew it would be no contest.
I agree about beating people like that..Prestosnburg girls played them about 3 weeks ago and Pack [played his starters the first quater and 3 minutes of the second, when they went out the score was 51-12( i think) they never saw the floor again, he played middle schoolers and freshman the whole 4th quater, they ended up only beating them by 11 and everyone thought it was funny that Prestonsburg only beat piarist by 11 and Coach Pack's response was, you gain nothing by beating a team like that to death, you gain more by letting the younger kids play..
Very true words. Jack Pack knows his basketball.
Great words dominator and awesome point baller. I agree jaycat, Pack knows his ball.
Can someone fix this score? The correct score is listed below.
SV 103 Piarist 34
Incorrect score postings hurt a sites credibility.
"spxdad" Wrote:Can someone fix this score? The correct score is listed below.
SV 103 Piarist 34

Thanks for the correct score spxdad! I corrected the score. I'm sure it was just a typo..
Can someone fix this score? The correct score is listed below.
SV 103 Piarist 34
"dominator05" Wrote:I know TorQQue has commented that I think that SV and Piarist shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence....but I did not mean that when I posted in the other forum...I meant that no one should be embarassed like this....

People have beaten them worse than 70 this year, so the way I see it you don't tell the guys who don't hardly ever get to play to go in and play dead...Let them play...IMO it's more of an insult to Piarist to start your bench players than your starters...I know if I was a player and saw half of Shelby Valley's players not even dressed or starting I would be very insulted...That's like saying that Piarist isn't even good enough to see a full team..THATS AN INSULT....If Piarist is willing to dress a team and actively participate in the All A tournament they should be ready to be played against and be ready to play some basketball....

I also know if I was a player and Shelby Valley just came down and threw the ball and around and didn't shoot I'd be insulted, not to mention if they just didn't play defense...I'd be even more embarrassed to be out there...
"alfus21" Wrote:

People have beaten them worse than 70 this year, so the way I see it you don't tell the guys who don't hardly ever get to play to go in and play dead...Let them play...IMO it's more of an insult to Piarist to start your bench players than your starters...I know if I was a player and saw half of Shelby Valley's players not even dressed or starting I would be very insulted...That's like saying that Piarist isn't even good enough to see a full team..THATS AN INSULT....If Piarist is willing to dress a team and actively participate in the All A tournament they should be ready to be played against and be ready to play some basketball....

I also know if I was a player and Shelby Valley just came down and threw the ball and around and didn't shoot I'd be insulted, not to mention if they just didn't play defense...I'd be even more embarrassed to be out there...

I agree with alfus, in that basketball, unlike football, you can train atheletes to be a better player than you can in football. You can teach them the proper way to shoot, dribble and all that. In football, though you have to have a certain degree of strength to be even somewhat successful. In basketball though, its not exactly about how strong or big you are. So I too would be insulted if SV came out and let their freshmen and Jv just lay down on me.
However if the coach at Piarist wants to be able to compete, he should start training his players harder. I personally don't know how they do it now, but I'm sure it's not the same as a practice at the more successful schools.