Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest bench press!
Just wondering what some of the schools strongest players are benching this year!:1:
Andrew King; South Laurel

This was done at the Laurel County State Weight Meet, it broke th state record.

I've heard he is doing 500 now but that 460 is legit and recorded according to state meet guiedlines.
Wow!
SCHS#70 Wrote:Just wondering what some of the schools strongest players are benching this year!:1:

This is not directed at you SCHS, but I know what is coming. Here we go....:popcorn::blabbermo:please::dontthink:thatsfunn:HitWall:
3wishes Wrote:Andrew King; South Laurel

I've heard he is doing 500 now but that 460 is legit and recorded according to state meet guiedlines.

Big lift! Congrats . :rockon: How big is Andrew and what position does he play?
Travis Elliott (Ryle) 375
KP Skyles (Sheldon Clark) 400
Jonathan Turpin (Knox Central) 400+
All three are running backs that have competed in the NUC football combines.
Jacob Hyde (Clay County) sophmore, was very impresseive . OL did 155lbs. 38 times as a freshman. would like to know his max?
andrew is like a junior to be ithink heard that he wasnt playing football
oh one other thing kid is a beast
if you want to see him do it it is on youtube
Congrats to Andrew King. 460 very impressive.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Congrats to Andrew King. 460 very impressive.

He is going for 500lbs Saturday at the Lynn Camp Meet.
roots rod Wrote:Big lift! Congrats . :rockon: How big is Andrew and what position does he play?

He is under 6'0. I wouldn't want to guess a weight because muscle weighs mire than fat, but he is not a large kid. He plays OL.
Nathaniel Lightner from Lewis County has maxed out at 440. He's about 6'2" 330.
sounds like pretty impressive numbers just wonder what form they use, do they pause or anything??
460. Thats very impressive!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Sounds like some of these young fellas are poppin the roids. Maybe its time for the **** man to pay their school a visit.
johnny_ringo Wrote:sounds like some of these young fellas are poppin the roids. Maybe its time for the **** man to pay their school a visit.

dont start saying that these kids are on roids when i know for a fact that kp skles works his but off and anyone that works that hard can do this :1:
Why Not!!!!?
A 16 year old kid shouldnt be able to bench press close to 500 pounds naturally. I dont care what kind of genetics he has. I know Andrew King and a year and a half ago he was barely bench pressing 250 pounds. 200 pound jump in a year and a half naturally??? NO WAY! Maybe there are some good legal prohormones out there that are roid like. I dont know what the heck they are takin but that kind of weight for his age is freakish.
SCHS#70 Wrote:dont start saying that these kids are on roids when i know for a fact that kp skles works his but off and anyone that works that hard can do this :1:

Is that the same kid that also reportly ran a 4.4 forty yard dash? Do any of these kids attend any of the state powerlifting meets?
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:A 16 year old kid shouldnt be able to bench press close to 500 pounds naturally. I dont care what kind of genetics he has. I know Andrew King and a year and a half ago he was barely bench pressing 250 pounds. 200 pound jump in a year and a half naturally??? NO WAY! Maybe there are some good legal prohormones out there that are roid like. I dont know what the heck they are takin but that kind of weight for his age is freakish.

Last year at the Lynn Camp weight meet, the kid benched 405. Same kid, different haircut though. Maybe that is where you were confused.
I know Andrew and he looks like Mikey from Orange County Choppers. I dont see how anyone can get that strong that quick. I dont care what kind of genetics he has. He is just a young pup. I know there used to be a ton of D-bol floating around down at Powerhouse in London. Everyone in there got jacked up in about 4 or 5 months.
Andrew is probably in the 5'10" range, weighing around 275. He plays Nose.
Any kid benching over 400 in high school might merit one quick test to ensure that they aren't harming themselves in the long term with "supplements", I think.

Not accusing any kid, mind you, but it is a red flag.
Trey Mattingly set LexCath's alltime bench mark at 330 this year
Gitback Coach Wrote:Any kid benching over 400 in high school might merit one quick test to ensure that they aren't harming themselves in the long term with "supplements", I think.

Not accusing any kid, mind you, but it is a red flag.

With two major knee surgeries in two years, the only thing that Lightner from Lewis County did was bench. He's made progress every year. His 440 lb max is legit.
epistain,epistain,epistain
Codi Diamond at KC is 6'3" 290 Junior this year. Maxed 355 a couple of months or so ago.

Same Day Turpin maxed 420 which is simply unbelievable to me. Seeing a kid his size and his age push that much weight is nuts.

Jeffrey Canady and John Shepard had maxes way over 300 as well - just dont recall specifics.

I played college ball with many guys who could not bench 300. Seeing what these young men accomplish these days is amazing. I am always skeptical of the 400 pound plus guys myself when it comes to what they are putting in their bodies - but unless it is proven it is not fair to take away their accomplishments.
I cant stand it when people accuse strong kids of using steroids. 400 lbs is alot but for a 16, 17, 18 year old kid that works at it from an early age, 400 is very possible I maxed out in 8th grade at 225 but did not work at it like I should have in high school I basicly quit. If I would have worked at it hard I beleve very strongly that I could have reached 400+ by the time I graduated. If any one were to say that a certian team were to have multiple 400+ guys may be exagerating but its not impossible to do legaly. I know several high school kids around pike county that are benching 300+.
3wishes Wrote:Andrew King; South Laurel

Just Wondering, is this King kid the same bushy headed kid from S Laurel that lost in the heavy weight class to Zack Templin from East Jessamine in the 2010 showcase at S Laurel? If so then he is using roids.
Turpin and Skyles are impressive, neither is over 5'8" and Skyles weighs around 185 and Turpin around 200 lbs. Not only can they max 400, both are able to rep 185 over 35 times. I know the Skyles family and NO WAY is KP on anything illegal, his father would kill him, plus if you ever go by the weightroom at SCHS you will see KPs' car, I'm sure the same goes for Turpin, and the rest of the serious lifters mentioned.
However, I am not saying there are not kids out there that don't cheat, or coaches that don't care if their kids are cheating. Until the KHSAA makes it mandatory testing ,there will always be someone trying to cheat or even accusing someone of cheating. But then again, from what I have seen from the Khsaa they really don't have much authority, they can not even rule on eligebility (case in piont Pike Central) Here in WV, they have the courts back up the high school governing body and ( as Barney Fife would say " Nip it in the bud") Lol!