Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milwaukee Brewers Sign Ryan Braun to Extension Throu 2020 ($105 Million)
Left fielder Ryan Braun signed a $105 million, five-year contract extension with the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story...NHeadlines
Smart move. He is a great hitter!

Also in a weird way, this signing as well as the Votto and Fielder signings REALLY puts the pressure on the Cardinals to give Pujols what he wants.
Good hitter, Ill be careful yet to call him great.
Just this season, he is hitting .359 with 5 HR's and 12 RBI's.

He was the Silver Slugger and NL Rookie of the Year.

Is he inconsistent? VERY! Great hitter, yeah.

I have weird classifications though, I should let that be known.

Current Hitters:
Legendary- Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera (close, need another season or two), not many more
Great- Todd Helton, Vlad Guerrero, A-Rod, Chipper Jones, Matt Holiday, etc...
Good- Jim Thome, Derek Jeter, Magglio Ordonez, etc...
LWC Wrote:Just this season, he is hitting .359 with 5 HR's and 12 RBI's.

He was the Silver Slugger and NL Rookie of the Year.

Is he inconsistent? VERY! Great hitter, yeah.

I have weird classifications though, I should let that be known.

Current Hitters:
Legendary- Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera (close, need another season or two), not many more
Great- Todd Helton, Vlad Guerrero, A-Rod, Chipper Jones, Matt Holiday, etc...
Good- Jim Thome, Derek Jeter, Magglio Ordonez, etc...

Well, you at least atoned for yourself with good back-up, because I was thinking you were in the category of saying Dave Kingman was a great pure hitter Wink

After you said the Mulkey Brothers were the greatest tag-team of all time, i had a tough time taking your opinions serious:devilflam

JK:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Well, you at least atoned for yourself with good back-up, because I was thinking you were in the category of saying Dave Kingman was a great pure hitter Wink

After you said the Mulkey Brothers were the greatest tag-team of all time, i had a tough time taking your opinions serious:devilflam

JK:biggrin:

When did I say the Mulkey brothers were the best tag-team? :please:
LWC Wrote:When did I say the Mulkey brothers were the best tag-team? :please:

Did you miss the JK?????:biggrin:
The Brewers see something in him, that's for sure!
MisterPerfect Wrote:The Brewers see something in him, that's for sure!

Well, maybe putting all the money into him just wrecked his career. Brewers have not had success paying guys lots of money without it coming to a crashing halt. I like Braun, let's hope the Brewer bad Luck does not affect him.
Stardust Wrote:Well, maybe putting all the money into him just wrecked his career. Brewers have not had success paying guys lots of money without it coming to a crashing halt. I like Braun, let's hope the Brewer bad Luck does not affect him.

Totally agree. I hope Braun can live up to the expectations. It's what separates the good from the great.
^ Absolutely correct. Seen it happen where guys hit the Lotto, and then fold under the pressure. He does not seem like that kind of player, but only time will tell now.
^I wish him the best of luck!