Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 a BRL = 4.11 a gal the last time
The last time when Oil was 1.50 a BRL gas averaged 4.11 a gal.
Right now gas is about 3.80 a gal with oil being as of right now about 110.00 a Brl.
When oil goes to 150 a Brl. (Its going to) what do you think gas will be a Brl?
I am hearing 6 bucks a gal, at least.
I don't think it will go over $6. They have it high now because people are used to it. People will start to panic when it hits 4. If it hits 5 people will start losing votes and support, and people will start seriously looking at US drillings, etc...
When gas inevitably hits $5.00/gal., be sure to thank an Obama voter. If you voted for him, then pat yourself on the back too.

My question is, "Who are liberals going to blame for high gas prices in the 2012 election?" I guess now that he is out of office, Bush and Cheney have more time to devote to raising oil prices. Yeah, that must be it. :eyeroll:
LWC Wrote:I don't think it will go over $6. They have it high now because people are used to it. People will start to panic when it hits 4. If it hits 5 people will start losing votes and support, and people will start seriously looking at US drillings, etc...

I'm afraid it might be a little too late to start oil drilling here in the United States. To my understanding, it'll take awhile for oil rigs to be built, oil to be drilled, and distributed throughout the country.
Remember when oil prices skyrocketed in 2008. Most of the U.S. wanted to start drilling in Anwar, and off the Atlantic and Pacific Coasts. Remember liberals saying that it would do no good because it would take 3 to 4 years before the oil would be flowing from these wells.

Well guess what it's 2011 and were well into the 3 to 4 year time period. If America had drilled those wells then, we would be seeing oil produced from these wells today.
Old School Wrote:Remember when oil prices skyrocketed in 2008. Most of the U.S. wanted to start drilling in Anwar, and off the Atlantic and Pacific Coasts. Remember liberals saying that it would do no good because it would take 3 to 4 years before the oil would be flowing from these wells.

Well guess what it's 2011 and were well into the 3 to 4 year time period. If America had drilled those wells then, we would be seeing oil produced from these wells today.

Or paying for an oil spill Smile
The oil companies are dieing for a Republican president to get back in office to hush hush all this alternative fuel. Therefore raising the prices to stupid amount. Hurting the Democratic back fall to blaming bush. Its all business.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The oil companies are dieing for a Republican president to get back in office to hush hush all this alternative fuel. Therefore raising the prices to stupid amount. Hurting the Democratic back fall to blaming bush. Its all business.

lol...Do what???

:zzz:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol...Do what???

:zzz:

lol Smile you didnt like that?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Or paying for an oil spill Smile

Maybe......Maybe not. How many wells have been drilled in deep waters? How many wells have blownout?

We'll never know if there would have been more spills. However we do know that gas prices are once again back to the $4.00 range now are expected to go much higher.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The oil companies are dieing for a Republican president to get back in office to hush hush all this alternative fuel. Therefore raising the prices to stupid amount. Hurting the Democratic back fall to blaming bush. Its all business.

I have no idea what your trying to say here!!
Sure didn't take long for a liberal to apply some twisted logic to blame Republicans for the rising price of gas. I believe that gas prices dropped well below $2.50/gal. in 2009 before everybody realized that Obama was serious about enacting policies to force energy prices skyward.

Why did the big, evil oil companies let the price of gasoline drop in 2009 if they have the power to set the price wherever they want?
Here is a solution for everyone:

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-gx/
The bigger question that I have on the whole issue... demand has not increased and supply has increased, therefore, why are gas prices going up?
tvtimeout Wrote:The bigger question that I have on the whole issue... demand has not increased and supply has increased, therefore, why are gas prices going up?
Demand has increased (the Chinese are racing around the world securing their sources) and the dollar's value is sinking like a rock under Obama's leadership. Why are rising gas prices such a mystery? Wait until inflation really starts to impact.

The few remaining die hard Jimmy Carter apologists will soon be reliving the happy days of the misery index.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Demand has increased (the Chinese are racing around the world securing their sources) and the dollar's value is sinking like a rock under Obama's leadership. Why are rising gas prices such a mystery? Wait until inflation really starts to impact.

The few remaining die hard Jimmy Carter apologists will soon be reliving the happy days of the misery index.

Fed Reserve is following the plan Greenspan started. However, a libertarian would say to abolish the Fed. Reserve, absolutely pointless.
Noone liked the joke. O well Smile
tvtimeout Wrote:Fed Reserve is following the plan Greenspan started. However, a libertarian would say to abolish the Fed. Reserve, absolutely pointless.
No, Bernanke is doing no such thing. Greenspan's focus was keeping a lid on inflation and in that regard, he was very successful. Bernanke is mostly keeping his mouth shut and printing dollars while Obama loots the treasury and maxes out our international credit card.
My goodness, you all think this problem can be solved by drilling more oil? I would back that if it were true, however it is not.

Oil prices are currently not based on supply and demand. When people realize this, and start pressuring our govt to do something about the commodity traders who are driving up the prices for profit using major gaps in the regulation of the market, then we will see prices down to where they should be, about 1.80 a gallon.

I know someone is gonna get on here and say "the last thing we need is more govt regulation" but anyone who thinks a free market can exist without rules and regulations to protect it and the people need a big dose of reality.

Why do you think oil prices sky rocket every time someone farts in the middle east? Its not because supply and demand has changed.
Beetle01 Wrote:My goodness, you all think this problem can be solved by drilling more oil? I would back that if it were true, however it is not.

Oil prices are currently not based on supply and demand. When people realize this, and start pressuring our govt to do something about the commodity traders who are driving up the prices for profit using major gaps in the regulation of the market, then we will see prices down to where they should be, about 1.80 a gallon.I know someone is gonna get on here and say "the last thing we need is more govt regulation" but anyone who thinks a free market can exist without rules and regulations to protect it and the people need a big dose of reality.

Why do you think oil prices sky rocket every time someone farts in the middle east? Its not because supply and demand has changed.

That is the point that I was trying to go for!

If we truly had a free market, there would already be rules in place. There are rules or laws of economics, that naturally occur.

For an example, if I spend more than I make, I will go broke. If someone sells something for less than I do, more people will buy from them. If someone else is willing to work cheaper than the other person, the cheaper person will be hired. If I have more of something and people don't want it, I must either sell it cheaper or just keep it. If there is a better and cheaper product out there, people will not buy my product, they will buy another.

However, do to whatever reason (hoot and I have already discussed this) oil does not play by these rules, in the US anyway.

I have put out time and time again products that are already used in other parts of the world, that require less gas or no gas at all, which should effect the price of oil. Goes back to what I said earlier.

The question I have is why are these products not here in the US...I do like the new Honda, ( so I guess that one is here), but what about the others?
There is no one simple solution to curb the raising prise of energy. No simple mantra- "Drill Baby, Drill" can solve this.
It must be a comprehensive plan involving exploration, drilling, alternative research, and getting the government's hand in some areas and out of others.

1. We need to explore, drill, and produce OUR oil in this country. That includes the gulf (deep and sallow), that includes Alaska and ANWAR, that includes off the coast of California, That includes the oil sands of Dakotas. Find and exploit our oil.

2. Continue with alternative research not just alternative fuels (we can't grow our way out of this) but better MPG, better conservation efforts, expand the fueling sources for plug in vehicles and hydrogen fueled cars. Most of us could get by on a daily bases using a plug in electric car. Nissan LEAF is a 5 passenger car that car get 100 miles per charge (most of us drive less than that in the course of a day)For the 2011 Nissan LEAF, net as low as $25,280 after tax savings with the maximum $7500 federal tax credit if you are eligible and have the tax liability. Depending on where you live, there can be additional state/local incentives.

3. The government has to permit new oil refineries to be built. The EPA is costing the American people so much money in the area of energy

4. Need to expand and accelerate the Coal to Fuel industry in this country. Coal liquefaction can get us off of foreign oil. At $4 a gallon for gasoline this process is competitive with oil. The US Air Force is already converting using this process to make jet fuel and the Navy is exploring the issue.

We can do something. Is it an instant fix? no but if we would have done this the last time gas was over $4 a gallon some of these things would be coming on line. I believe most Americans wouldn't mind paying $4 a gallon knowing that the product was 100% produced and make in the US with no more forgeign oil.