Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennis Rodman: Hall of Fame worthy?
ESPN reported that the "Worm" was informed that he will be announced Monday as a HOF inductee. Is he worthy in your opinion?
NO! Not at all. What'd he do to be in the same area as basketball's greatest? Only one season did he average double figures in points and in a lot of years, he had more rebounds than points. To me, no, he is not worthy of the Hall of Fame.
No. Not even close.
I believe he his the guy worked hard for his boards, and he played great defense.
^ That does not grant him the Hall of Fame. Should Shawn Marion be in the Hall of Fame when he retires?
LClion4life Wrote:^ That does not grant him the Hall of Fame. Should Shawn Marion be in the Hall of Fame when he retires?

Anybody that actually plays defense in the NBA deserves it.
:thatsfunn You got me there. Big Grin
So how many points someone scores is the only way to measure how good of a player they are/where?

He shut down guards, forwards, and centers. His defense will never be matched. His rebounding skills where unbelievable. On a team that had multiple players that could score 20 plus a night, he was a true team player doing exactly what was needed to help the team win CHAMPIONSHIPS. You gotta remember, his only rings are just "Jordan Rings" He had 2 before coming to the Bulls.
He is hall of fame worthy IMO. He holds records for boards and was a factor in the Bulls success in the MJ days.
^ What records?
Dennis Keith Rodman (born May 13, 1961) is a retired American professional basketball player of the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks. Born in Trenton, New Jersey, he was nicknamed "Dennis the Menace" and "The Worm" and was known for his fierce defensive and rebounding abilities. Playing small forward in his early years before becoming a power forward, Rodman earned NBA All-Defensive First Team honors seven times and was voted NBA Defensive Player of the Year twice. He also led the NBA in rebounds per game for a record seven consecutive years and won five NBA championships (1989, 1990, 1996, 1997, 1998). His biography at NBA.com states that he is "arguably the best rebounding forward in NBA history". On April 1, 2011, the Pistons retired Rodman's #10 jersey that he wore throughout his tenure there.
No doubt IMO that he is worthy. He was one of the more exciting players to watch and I still watch his highlights to this day. His history doesnt just go back to the bulls but also w/ the BAD BOYS up in Detroit. Pretty sure he also holds records for most T's and Ejections haha.
Just re read my post and cant edit it. Its supposed to say his rings ARENT just Jordan rings.
No doubt about it. Yes, he is worthy IMO. I dont think you could even debate it.
MVP2 Wrote:No doubt about it. Yes, he is worthy IMO. I dont think you could even debate it.

:rockon:
Best rebounder in the history of the game IMO.
He brought a toughness to the court for sure. So, IMO, yes.