Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does UK win the National Championship with Enes?
If Enes Kanter was ruled eligible, would UK have won the championship?
If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's butt.
TheRealVille Wrote:If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's butt.

Always so serious RealVille? Sheesh! lol
LWC Wrote:Always so serious RealVille? Sheesh! lol
This isn't a good night.
TheRealVille Wrote:This isn't a good night.

lol. I feel ya man.
Yep
UK just needed some quality players from the bench,wether it was him or anyone else who could give some quality mins to rest starters.
Without playing a game all season, draft express has Enes Kanter at 4th overall in the upcoming draft.
No. Harrelson would have developed no more than Vargas did, thus we would have still had no depth. And Jones would have completely shut down at the beginning of the season as he did once Harrelson's game started to flourish.
Stardust Wrote:No. Harrelson would have developed no more than Vargas did, thus we would have still had no depth. And Jones would have completely shut down at the beginning of the season as he did once Harrelson's game started to flourish.
:Thumbs:
I don't want to diminish Harrellson's growth but Harrellson is not as talented as Enes Kanter. They were and are talking about this guy as a top 5 draft pick, without playing a single NCAA game. Harrellson is not even on the draft board.

Harrellson will hold a special place in my UK heart, just as Patterson and Hayes do, but Kanter is much better.
LWC Wrote:I don't want to diminish Harrellson's growth but Harrellson is not as talented as Enes Kanter. They were and are talking about this guy as a top 5 draft pick, without playing a single NCAA game. Harrellson is not even on the draft board.

Harrellson will hold a special place in my UK heart, just as Patterson and Hayes do, but Kanter is much better.

Enes Kanter might be a better center overall and the University of Kentucky might've had a better regular season record, but Harrellson greatly improved during the NCAA tournament. Therefore, Enes Kanter might've helped Kentucky during the regular season, but Harrellson's determination during the NCAA tournament probably made him almost as effective as Enes Kanter would've been.

Of course, if Enes Kanter could've joined, it's obvious to put him on your roster. But for the NCAA tournament, Harrellson did everything that you could expect from a player. Therefore, I personally don't think it would make much of a difference. The only difference I can think of is if Enes Kanter could be another "Kimba Walker" and score 29 points whenever you needed him to, but that's asking a lot.
I just think about the offensive impact of an Enes Kanter. When Harrellson scored it was rarely, if ever, from a designed play or something where you feed him the ball and let him go to work. Maybe Harrellson never develops into what he is now but remember, he says that practicing everyday against Enes made him that much better, imagine having that on the floor now. With Kanter playing, Vargas never touches the floor. Harrellson was always a good bench player. He didn't play terribly when he was in.
Guess we'll never know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
To me, no.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
LWC Wrote:I just think about the offensive impact of an Enes Kanter. When Harrellson scored it was rarely, if ever, from a designed play or something where you feed him the ball and let him go to work. Maybe Harrellson never develops into what he is now but remember, he says that practicing everyday against Enes made him that much better, imagine having that on the floor now. With Kanter playing, Vargas never touches the floor. Harrellson was always a good bench player. He didn't play terribly when he was in.

Before the University of Connecticut game, Harrellson averaged 14.7 ppg and 9 rpg during the NCAA tournament. DeMarcus Cousins had 15.1 ppg and 9.8 rpg throughout his Kentucky season and Patrick Patterson had 14.3 ppg and 7.4 rpg throughout his last season at Kentucky.

According to the above stats, Josh Harrellson played better in this NCAA tournament than last season's Partick Patterson and almost as good as last season's DeMarcus Cousins. I see what you mean LWC about Enes Kanter. I'm sure Enes Kanter could greatly help Kentucky, but I think Josh Harrellson did a good-enough job.
I think so, could have had both Harrellson & Kanter out there.

Depth was a big issue for this team all season and if he could have had him, you could be more physical.
Yes, without a doubt. This guy could possibly be the number 1 overall pick. He dominated Jared Sullinger when they played against each other.
Look at it this way, UK had the best player in the nation sitting on their bench the entire season, and still made it to the final 4.
We win the championship with made free throws and open jumpers. Enes would have helped..no doubt.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Before the University of Connecticut game, Harrellson averaged 14.7 ppg and 9 rpg during the NCAA tournament. DeMarcus Cousins had 15.1 ppg and 9.8 rpg throughout his Kentucky season and Patrick Patterson had 14.3 ppg and 7.4 rpg throughout his last season at Kentucky.

According to the above stats, Josh Harrellson played better in this NCAA tournament than last season's Partick Patterson and almost as good as last season's DeMarcus Cousins. I see what you mean LWC about Enes Kanter. I'm sure Enes Kanter could greatly help Kentucky, but I think Josh Harrellson did a good-enough job.

Good post :Thumbs:
I think a definite undefeated regular season.
For the tourney, had we been undefeated we would have had a one seed so our road to the finals would have been completely different so theres really no way to know which sucks but i honestly think with kanter, we may have not lost a game with the SEC sucking so bad this year.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Before the University of Connecticut game, Harrellson averaged 14.7 ppg and 9 rpg during the NCAA tournament. DeMarcus Cousins had 15.1 ppg and 9.8 rpg throughout his Kentucky season and Patrick Patterson had 14.3 ppg and 7.4 rpg throughout his last season at Kentucky.

Thats totally different though.
You have to look at how many players UK had last year that seen the floor and was productive. Cousin and Patterson split time with Orton and Stevenson who seen the floor a lot and Cal would leave them in a lot more sometimes.
To be honest im not taking anything away from Harrelson and his performance, but if we had kanter i believe its common sense we would have been better, and deeper.

And BTW, i move to vote that Vargas has now accepted the role of worse bball player in the history of UK bball passing krebs on the list.
Bolt Wrote:Thats totally different though.
You have to look at how many players UK had last year that seen the floor and was productive. Cousin and Patterson split time with Orton and Stevenson who seen the floor a lot and Cal would leave them in a lot more sometimes.
To be honest im not taking anything away from Harrelson and his performance, but if we had kanter i believe its common sense we would have been better, and deeper.

And BTW, i move to vote that Vargas has now accepted the role of worse bball player in the history of UK bball passing krebs on the list.

No way is he worse than Jared Carter.
^^^^^Vargas gave us some good minutes later on in the year IMO......but jorts would've still been good cause he still had to practicwe against enes and he would've still got into trouble which ignited his whole season. In the end I don't think we would've if we played like we did in the first half and missing a crap ton of FT's
Stardust Wrote:Good post :Thumbs:

:thanks:
beasy_bo Wrote:^^^^^Vargas gave us some good minutes later on in the year IMO......but jorts would've still been good cause he still had to practicwe against enes and he would've still got into trouble which ignited his whole season. In the end I don't think we would've if we played like we did in the first half and missing a crap ton of FT's

I agree that as Vargas's minutes went down, his quality of play went up. He started playing better defense and rebounding better.
LClion4life Wrote:I agree that as Vargas's minutes went down, his quality of play went up. He started playing better defense and rebounding better.

I'm not sure I agree - his minutes went down beginning January 18. He was averaging double digit minutes up until then and then he was barely getting 5 minutes per game for the rest of the season. In the NCAA tournament, he contributed no minutes

Princeton - 3
West Va - 4
Ohio St - 1
UNC - 1
UConn - 7

The only game he played well from January 18th was the Florida game where he played 10 minutes and scored 2 points with 4 rebounds. In the previous 10 games to Florida, he only played 40 minutes with 3 points and 11 rebounds, hardly much contribution.

As for his defense, it was no coincidence that UConn went on a 10-0 run to take over the game in the first half when Vargas came into the game. He played like Ray Charles in the paint!

Bottom-line, he was the wrong guy to waste a scholarship with. He practiced against what we all want to think of as the best center in the nation, Kanter, and this kid could never improve? What was the problem, over-rated ability or poor job of scouting?