Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
training techniques for volleyball?
My daughter is in 7 th grade and wants to play high school volleyball when she becomes a freshman but our small elem/mid school has no volleyball team to play on. She plays basketball so the middle school season overlaps the h.s. volleyball season . What can she do to train for volleyball on her own until she gets to high school? Help from any players or coaches would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:
send her to a individual camp at a local college, thats the best thing you can do for any athlete.
You could get students that already play vollyeball for high school to help teach her the basics...
i have that same proble but i am a high schooler going into college and i am running track.

i have gym class (and i am sure she does also) what i do is just play with the wall, try to hit the ball 10 times with out missing up then try 20 then 30 . believe me it mat not seem like it is helping but it does.

another thing is going to camps, UK has a positions camp and so does morehead , i have been to both and they are good
Transylvania has a good camp as well. If she doesn't have volleyball, GET ONE NOW!! LOL...But seriously.....If possible you really need to get someone who knows about the game to show her how to correctly perform the basics. There is not a whole lot that we can tell you about on here. All of it must be demonstrated. But I'm glad that these young girls are getting interested in volleyball!!! Kinda makes me happy!
thanks for the help , since I never played volleyball except in PE class I am of no help except to support her in her efforts. And to be a target ..lol
Hey bballmama.......I would love to help! We can at least teach her to bump....set...and spike! Just getting her to hit the ball the right way(not with her fist) would help. Have you went to the volleyball practices? Doesn't Randy Hale coach them? You know...the newspaper guy? Call me or IM me.
I'm sure they would allow her to sit in at practices at your local high school, They might even let her dress if she shows enough intrest. But I agree sending her to a camp and maybe even getting some family togther and just play volley ball would help/
we play during the summer around the house and stuff, I do think i will look into getting into some of the practices and let her see whats expected of her. Good idea thanks
some high school coachs will take middle schoolers on their teams.
I have seen them playing with the HS girls and they can still walk under the net
Information ( Books, DVD's, VHS Tapes ) About Practice Skills Can Be Found On The Internet, But Personally I Think That These Should Be Used To Reinforce Skills Taught In Person. A Lot Of Times, If A Student Shows Up At Practice Wanting To Learn, Then The Coach Will Help Them Out.