Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue Boilermakers Coach Matt Painter turns down Missouri Tigers
Matt Painter turns down the Missouri Tigers to Remain The Head Coach OF The Purdue Boilermakers

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story...NHeadlines
Good, I never really saw this as a good move. He is from Purdue and is coaching at "his" school. I think that moving from Purdue to Missouri would have actually been a complete step down. Good for Painter to keep this Purdue program going.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like the decision as well. It does seem like, at best, a lateral move. Doesn't he have the guy that keeps getting hurt coming back?
I agree. Missouri is really a football school whereas you can make the argument that Purdue is a basketball school. I think that Painter was completely listening to the money and was not really thinking about the overall situation. He is at his school, he has his ole school as a one of the premier programs in the Big Ten and he is getting paid well. Has all of the reasons to stay up in Indiana.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]