Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Towles Commits To Kentucky (Football)
Fort Thomas Highlands QB Patrick Towles Has committed to the University of Kentucky.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...les-105853
I heard this over the weekend. This is great news for the Towles family.
SD,

How good is he? and what would you Rate him? Rivals doesn't have him Rated
Good athletic body. Not the best HHS QB to come out of Ft. Thomas. Physically, he's got good upside.
I hope and believe that this is a Good Pickup for UK. I haven't seen him, but just heard good things about him on here, During The Football Season
So this means that UK is not in the running for Zeke Pike? I think that this kid sounds like a solid player and should usher in a good recruiting class for the cats!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He is part of ESPN's 150 watch list. Great pick up by Joker imo
Strikeout King Wrote:SD,

How good is he? and what would you Rate him? Rivals doesn't have him Rated

I think this kid is going to be a very good pick up for UK. He had a huge improvement form soph to junior year and expect him to be better his SR. year. He is tall with good size, has a cannon for an arm and threads the needle on long throws,very good speed, runs the ball well, needs to work on the short pass (in his defense, Highlands does not work on the short passing game much), and very compossed in pressure situations. He comes from good athletic genes (Jim Bunning), and do not think wt gain will be an issue like another Highlands QB who played at UK. Would not be surprised to see him fight for starting role as a freshmen. He did break his collar bone in spring practice, but this should be no problem come August. I am surprised he picked UK over a bigger time football school, but very glad he did!
I heard that some think he may switch positions.
He will fit Jokers offense well IMO.
LClion4life Wrote:I heard that some think he may switch positions.

To what position?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don't know but I'd imagine probably TE. He's a big kid and can move well.
LClion4life Wrote:I don't know but I'd imagine probably TE. He's a big kid and can move well.

I am not saying it won't happen, but I think there is very little chance he will play anything but QB. You do not waste a arm like this kid has!

Not likely. If he was going to ND or another school where they recruit 4-5 QBs each class I'd say that was a possibility. Not at UK. He will play QB at UK.
sstack Wrote:I am not saying it won't happen, but I think there is very little chance he will play anything but QB. You do not waste a arm like this kid has!

horst muhlmann Wrote:Not likely. If he was going to ND or another school where they recruit 4-5 QBs each class I'd say that was a possibility. Not at UK. He will play QB at UK.

Agreed, he will be a QB on the depth chart. He has the potential to be a solid player.
Seen him play once, very impressive player.
Should help recruiting in Northern KY for the Big Blue

You may be thinking of another QB from N. Ky. (Zeke Pike who plays for Dixie Heights). Zeke has been more highly recruited than Pat, but many feel that he's being recruited to play positions other than QB. Heck, he had several offers from major D-1 programs before he had his first varsity start at QB. Zeke is another big kid that is very athletic also. Zeke's father played in the NFL for quite a few years. Both Zeke and Pat come from very good genes.

I think Pat will do great at UK. Like all high school QBs, it will take him some time to adjust to the speed and schemes of D-1 football. But he has the physical skills, brains and attitude to do very well. It will have to help his adjustment period that Lorenzen is his high school QB coach. I can guarantee people that Pat will not go down there and 1. goof off, 2. be a discipline problem, or 3. flunk out. He's a solid kid from a solid family.