Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(3) UCONN
9.76%
(4) Kentucky
90.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) UConn vs. (4) Kentucky 4/2 (NCAA Final Four)
LWC Wrote:I agree somewhat with this ideology. I think the Cats have to use the same type of game-plan as against OSU: Let Kemba get his and stop everyone else.

UK let Sullinger almost have a 30 and 10 game, but stopped everyone else. If Kemba goes for 30 but Lamb and R-E-aww-Keee (spelled the way I sound it out, lol) are stopped, UK can still win. This happened in the Big East, teams would stop the supporting cast and win. Nobody can stop Kemba when he comes to play, might as well stop everyone else.

Do agree. Kemba will get his 20+ no matter what, but Liggins can make him shoot a low percentage, and limit his assists. If Lamb and Napier have good games because we have to double Kemba, then UK is in trouble.
Kentucky favored to Beat UCONN

The lines are out, if you’re into that sort of thing, and the Cats have opened as a two-point favorite over Jim Calhoun’s bunch. They were favored by five in November before getting Kemba Walkered, but obviously are a much better team now. UConn isn’t much different than they were in Maui, but given that they dominated that whole tournament that’s not a knock on them. They had an extended lull during their conference season, but the Huskies have looked much more like the team that won 17 of its first 19 than the one that lost 7 of its next 11 before embarking on this remarkable postseason run.

And, if you can’t get enough numbers, stats guru Ken Pomeroy puts Kentucky at 45% to win the title, followed by UConn (30%), Butler (15%) and VCU (10%). Obviously, since his numbers voodoo didn’t exactly forecast such a crazy Final Four, it’s not time to start sizing up rings just because he says we’re the favorite. Still, if you’re trying to think positive this is something to at least take note of.

Only 5 days, 2 hours, and 49 minutes until gametime. It can’t some soon enough.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=76930
UK by 7
IDK UCONN is playing great....I'm more scared about this game than I as UNC. again it all matters on harrellson and jones. UCONN can actually gaurd us up top 1-5 unlike the other teams plus they have Walker. I think if UK stays hot and dont let the other 4 guys beat us we'll be alright!!!
I will take the CATS by 5.. Let Kemba have his 20+ and limit the rest of the UCONN team to under double digits and CATS win easily, however, if you give up double digits scorers it could be a long night for the BBN
I'm more worried about Jeremy Lamb then Kemba in this game.
I think that it's not Kemba that will decide this game, but the rest of the Huskies. If we can hold the rest of the UConn team to under 40 points, we'll win. Even if Kemba goes for 30.
Kentucky 68-64.
Going to be a great game. Kentucky by 9
HawksRule Wrote:I'm more worried about Jeremy Lamb then Kemba in this game.

Same here.
Just play man to man and see what happens. If we have to double team we have already lost.
Just 3 more days!
vundy33 Wrote:just 3 more days!

i think uk comes out and finishes the game with a win because uk has not lost to the same team twice this year but if uk trys to double team kemba it isnt going to be a good night for the blue.
I hope the guys have their heads right because now their supposely the favorite. I knew they were using using being under dogs as a huge motivation tool. I think cal has done a wonderful job of getting these cats to focus on themselves.
I just noticed that I voted for UCONN by mistake. I hate UCONN and its shady coach and I think UK should win this game handily if they continue playing as they have been. Even if I thought UCONN would win, I would abstain from voting. Calhoun has been my least favorite coach since Bobby Knight, John Thompson, Jr. (I like JT, III), John Cheney (possibly the biggest racist ever to coach an NCAA team), and Nolan Richardson retired.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I just noticed that I voted for UCONN by mistake. I hate UCONN and its shady coach and I think UK should win this game handily if they continue playing as they have been. Even if I thought UCONN would win, I would abstain from voting. Calhoun has been my least favorite coach since Bobby Knight, John Thompson, Jr. (I like JT, III), John Cheney (possibly the biggest racist ever to coach an NCAA team), and Nolan Richardson retired.

Pretty good list and I agree. I would like to throw Digger Phelps and Denny Crum into your bag there as well.
Does everyone like the Duke special tonight on espn classic. Hard to believe.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Does everyone like the Duke special tonight on espn classic. Hard to believe.

I didn't see it. What was it about?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Does everyone like the Duke special tonight on espn classic. Hard to believe.

pretty nice, wasn't it
NYY10 Wrote:pretty nice, wasn't it

I'll tell ya what was pretty nice. :Clap:
Oriaki destroyed Harrellson in the Maui. However; that was when Harrellson was just there. He's made a huge impact on this team since the U of L game and I believe he will Saturday too! I would say this will be the second best game of the tournament, behind of course, UK vs. Ohio St. Go Cats!

UK - 74
UCONN - 72
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Oriaki destroyed Harrellson in the Maui. However; that was when Harrellson was just there. He's made a huge impact on this team since the U of L game and I believe he will Saturday too! I would say this will be the second best game of the tournament, behind of course, UK vs. Ohio St. Go Cats!

UK - 74
UCONN - 72

Brandon Knight will match-up much better with Walker this time around as well.
anyone else notice UCONN getting picked alot more now than earlier in the week after the UNC game. I think the more people think about Walker its hard to pick agaist him especially after that butt kick'n we got with the old team.
I was looking the stats of the game up on ESPN ...and OMG we only had two to show up to the game. Eloy Vargas played 19 min because jones stayed in fould trouble and still had 24 points. Plus, jorts shot 1 time, knight 3-15 FG, 0-8 3pt, liggins 3-10 FG. We also shot 36% as to UCONN shooting nearly 60% from the floor and from the 3pt line.
beasy_bo Wrote:I was looking the stats of the game up on ESPN ...and OMG we only had two to show up to the game. Eloy Vargas played 19 min because jones stayed in fould trouble and still had 24 points. Plus, jorts shot 1 time, knight 3-15 FG, 0-8 3pt, liggins 3-10 FG. We also shot 36% as to UCONN shooting nearly 60% from the floor and from the 3pt line.

you can bet that those numbers won't happen in this game, not with what's at stake
I don't believe so either, I hope our boys come out with the same grit as they did against UNC.
I hope Liggins can slow down Walker. He absolutely shut Aaron Craft down.
This Kentucky team isn't a pushover. They have the better talent and they are hot right now and are hungry and want it more. I mean if Kentucky beat Ohio St and UNC the way they did they wont have a problem beating UConn because IMO UConn would get beat pretty bad by either UNC or Ohio St.

Kentucky 77
UConn 70
Comparing the 24 Nov game to this upcoming game is like comparing last year's win against UConn in the SEC/Big East Invitational to it. Just doesn't really matter.

In other news, 49 1/2 hours until game time!

On, On U of K!
First people doubted us against W. Virginia, then Ohio State, now Uconn. The sky is the limit for this team, I'll take my Cats.