Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4) Kentucky 76 - (2) North Carolina 69 (NCAA Tournament - Elite 8)
vundy33 Wrote:You all need to start using "The Unbreakables". I think that's a perfect name for this team. Anyone else have any ideas for this teams nickname?

I kinda like the Unforgivables. I mean they like to get revenge they dont forgive any one!!! Revenge is coming for U-Conn, we already got it agianst WVU, UNC we avenged the loss.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I kinda like the Unforgivables. I mean they like to get revenge they dont forgive any one!!! Revenge is coming for U-Conn, we already got it agianst WVU, UNC we avenged the loss.

I also like the Unpredictables...this whole season has been very hard to predict what we was going to get.

Or...

The Unbelievables...no one believed that with a 6 man rotation and the players we had we would make it this far.
2 more lets go. Go Big Blue!!!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I also like the Unpredictables...this whole season has been very hard to predict what we was going to get.

Or...

The Unbelievables...no one believed that with a 6 man rotation and the players we had we would make it this far.

The Sensational Six
Awesome!! Cats got ahead and never looked back.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
CardinalAlum Wrote:The Sensational Six

I like it, but would be politically incorrect to leave out Vargas and company. Even though, realistically, it is the Sensational Six.
Always have been proud to be a wilcat fan. This just makes it even better, if thats possible. Final four baby!!! GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is wild we are in the final four and have yet to put together a complete game.
FINALLY! It's been 13year!
What about the Payback Cats? We've got revenge on everybody that's beat us this year(Florida, Vandy, UNC, Alabama, etc.). Also we got revenge on WVU from our defeat last year. Possibly UCONN Saturday.
It just feels like this team is destined to win it all.
Stardust Wrote:How did the Cats win? UK 55% from three point line - UNC 18%. That is LIGHTS OUT!

still with that, it was still close way to go cats...
HawksRule Wrote:**** yea boys we are returning to the promise land!! My hands are still sweating I've been tore up since Barnes went streaking on us. The Cata played great today right now I could kiss Liggins he made a crucial shot.

kissing Liggins is going a litle to far,lol
TheRealVille Wrote:This buch did what the 5 "one and dones" couldn't.

against harder teams as well, and they shot better and play better as a team..
Jay-Z walked in the Building And The Cats Went Crazy. He Congratulated them on Going to the Final Four
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:I kinda like the Unforgivables. I mean they like to get revenge they dont forgive any one!!! Revenge is coming for U-Conn, we already got it agianst WVU, UNC we avenged the loss.

I like The Unforgivables. We used The Unbelievables for the 97' team though..
Aslan Wrote:FINALLY! It's been 13year!
What about the Payback Cats? We've got revenge on everybody that's beat us this year(Florida, Vandy, UNC, Alabama, etc.). Also we got revenge on WVU from our defeat last year. Possibly UCONN Saturday.

The Payback Cats sounds awesome. And I've been saying this for a while...I can just feel it. These boys are on a mission.
Man, for Cal not being considered a good coach, this is his 3rd team he has led to the Final 4. That is pretty impressive for a coach to do if you ask me.
Cats just arrived back home and the fans at Bluegrass Airfield went Wild. There Leaving Wednesday and heading to Houston
Aslan Wrote:FINALLY! It's been 13year!

I like it - Payback Cats!!!! If UK wins it all, I'm getting a Payback Cats T-shirt made
Never had any doubt! CATS are clicking on all cylinders right now!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Like the KSR post said " I got 99 problems, but North Carolina ain't one"....

[Image: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-conten...-cats1.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Anyway my thoughts on the game now.. All I can say is wow at the end of this game me and my buddies just lost it. Cats played good today and deserved the win that's for sure.
UK's defense has been the difference during this tournament run, especially on the perimeter.
I'm Still Stoked, I Can't Wait Til Saturday

Go CATS!!!!
TheRealVille Wrote:If you are a UK student, it is an even better day for you!!

I am a student! Last semester, finishing up a Biology degree. I am still in awe of this!!! I am so happy I can not explain it!!!:Clap::biggrin::Thumbs:
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am a student! Last semester, finishing up a Biology degree. I am still in awe of this!!! I am so happy I can not explain it!!!:Clap::biggrin::Thumbs:

Hopefully UK can give you one **** of a going out party..
WAY TO GO CATS! Ive been thinking all year that this team reminds me alot of the '98 team. Everyone had kindve given up on that team midway through the year as well. But they played tough and got hot at the right time just like this team is doing. Josh Harrellson is a really inspirational story in how far he has come since last year. Win or lose next saturday "Jorts" has already cemented himself into UK Basketball folklore forever!
Also Liggins is playing lights out right now! GO CATS!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am a student! Last semester, finishing up a Biology degree. I am still in awe of this!!! I am so happy I can not explain it!!!:Clap::biggrin::Thumbs:
I'd say it's a great time to be on campus then. :Thumbs:
What a way to go out!

Got to be so cool as a student, and a fan right now. Congrats!:Thumbs:
vundy33 Wrote:The Payback Cats sounds awesome. And I've been saying this for a while...I can just feel it. These boys are on a mission.

Someone took the liberty of picking a nickname for this years team, and added it to the wiki:

The Blue Avengers: The 2011 team ends a thirteen year drought from the Final Four. The name comes from the the team starting out on a rough and rocky start, but improving drastically towards the end of the season. This included wins against many teams who had beaten the Wildcats during the course of the season (Or the 2010 season, as is the case with West Virginia): Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, West Virginia, and North Carolina. If Kentucky beats UConn, they will be the 7th victim of the Blue Avengers, with Kentucky having lost to the Huskies on November 24, 2010.