Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doron Lamb to return next season
Q. For Terrence and Brandon and Doron: Jared Sullinger announced he will come back next year for his sophomore year. I wonder what you guys think of that. Is that good for college basketball to have the top freshmen say they will come back? And does that influence you at all to maybe all want to come back next year or depend on how this year ends?

Terrence Jones: Really I am just having fun in this. I don't know about what he said. That's his decision and that's a good decision since he felt he could take his team farther. And it's just a decision he made.

Brandon Knight: Right now, you know, I know all of us are student-athletes. We are focused on being student-athletes first. So we are just -- I am enjoying the time that I'm having here, and you know loving the college experience.

Doron Lamb: I am just having fun playing with these teammates and playing with Coach. I just want to have fun. I'll be back next year, so I can't be worried about leaving.

the other 2 kind of skipped the question, but tis good Lamb is coming back..
Awesome news!!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'm like 99% sure Brandon Knight will be back.
Real Badman Wrote:I'm like 99% sure Brandon Knight will be back.

In all honesty, I am too. I just got a feeling.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
His mother already said it.
I believe Lamb more than I do Sullinger basically because Sullinger's draft stock is way higher. I say he is gone if he is a projected lottery pick. Lamb won't be that high so, yeah I htink he stays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
I wouldn't get your hopes up about Brandon Knight, guys. He is projected as a top 10 draft pick by most draft boards. I'd love to have him back, but I'm not sure he will be back.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up about Brandon Knight, guys. He is projected as a top 10 draft pick by most draft boards. I'd love to have him back, but I'm not sure he will be back.

I'm not holding my breathe over it. Trust me lol. Money talks.
#BBFL
Mom > Money.

with a 4.0 GPA this guy has what it takes to OWN a NBA team.
Real Badman Wrote:Mom > Money.

:Thumbs:
#BBFL
It is a shame that any of UK's freshmen will be headed to the NBA after this season because none of them are anywhere near ready to compete at that level. College players whose shooting percentages from the field are below 44 percent are not "can't miss" NBA players, no matter how athletic they are.
Real Badman Wrote:Mom > Money.

The quickest way to own a team is to begin making big money as quickly as possible and invest it. Knight is smart enough to know that he will be able to afford a college education anytime he wants one. Projected first-rounders should take the money and run.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I wouldn't get your hopes up about Brandon Knight, guys. He is projected as a top 10 draft pick by most draft boards. I'd love to have him back, but I'm not sure he will be back.

Agreed - Knight is gone.

Also, Jones is gone - he has not had fun this season.

Finally - I have heard college athletes make the comments that Sullinger and Lamb made 1,000's of times to avoid being a distraction. You hear coaches say these exact same words every year only to leave there teams. Wait till May, don't base anything off of what an 18 year old says during a time like this.
they got to have room for that class next so somebody has to go...
^ Agreed. Though Lamb's spot is secure (IMO), I'm pretty confident that he will not be too anxious to share the time that he finally earned in the starting line-up this season.
Well, I'm glad to hear that Lamb will be back next season. If I had to pick one of the 3 to come back it would be lamb, I hope Knight comes back too, and I think he will, even if he dont though, we Teague coming in and will run the show. As for Jones, I'd say he is gone for sure.
Like I have said with both of Cal's teams at UK. If all of the freshman and all of the upperclassmen leave, I will not be surprised. Cal lost 5 players last season off an elite 8 team, he has the Cats in the Elite 8 again.

People want to criticize Cal's X's and O's (I am one of them) but nobody can deny that he is at least a great coach and and an amazing recruiter.
^ He is a great recruiter
LWC Wrote:Like I have said with both of Cal's teams at UK. If all of the freshman and all of the upperclassmen leave, I will not be surprised. Cal lost 5 players last season off an elite 8 team, he has the Cats in the Elite 8 again.

People want to criticize Cal's X's and O's (I am one of them) but nobody can deny that he is at least a great coach and and an amazing recruiter.

Not being picky but Uk lost more than 5 players from last yeay but like you said still going to the elite 8 again.

John Wall
Demarcus Cousins
Daniel Orton
Eric Bledsoe
Patrick Patterson
Perry Stevenson
Ramon Harris
Darnell Dodson
Benchwarmer Wrote:Not being picky but Uk lost more than 5 players from last yeay but like you said still going to the elite 8 again.

John Wall
Demarcus Cousins
Daniel Orton
Eric Bledsoe
Patrick Patterson
Perry Stevenson
Ramon Harris
Darnell Dodson

I meant to say that. Dodson is the reason I said even losing players like Miller, Hood or Liggins would not surprise me.
LWC Wrote:I meant to say that. Dodson is the reason I said even losing players like Miller, Hood or Liggins would not surprise me.

I don't think they are going anywhere. But I didn't think Orton would be gone either from last year. With the 4 in coming fr. added to what we have or should have next year it's going to be fun.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Not being picky but Uk lost more than 5 players from last yeay but like you said still going to the elite 8 again.

John Wall
Demarcus Cousins
Daniel Orton
Eric Bledsoe
Patrick Patterson
Perry Stevenson
Ramon Harris
Darnell Dodson

Hey can't forget about Mark Krebs! :biggrin:
With that record turnover from last year it really is amazing the year that we have had this season. I think that Lamb is a critical part to next year's team, especially if Knight is leaning to go pro and we do not get Trevor Lacey! But it is really can not get sorted out until after the tourney.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The quickest way to own a team is to begin making big money as quickly as possible and invest it. Knight is smart enough to know that he will be able to afford a college education anytime he wants one. Projected first-rounders should take the money and run.

Your prospective on life makes me really sad. I pray this isnt you're ideal thoughts on matters.
In the preseason Knight was projected as a top 10 pick. His stock slipped after the Maui Tournament, and Jones stock rose. With his great tournament run, Knight has creeped back into the top 10, and Jones has slipped from a top 3 pick to barely in the top 10.
I think Knight wants to stay, but it'd be a mistake for him too, while his stock is so high.
I believe Jones is gone no matter what, and personally, I want him to leave, his scoring won't be needed next year, with what Cal is bringing in.
I think we all already knew Lamb was staying.
cuppett777 Wrote:they got to have room for that class next so somebody has to go...

Not true, Cals done it before. All he would have to do is get rid of Polson and Hood.
We'd be good then:biggrin:
I hope all three come back but im not sure. I think it would be in their best interest too, like someone mentioned, i dont think there anywhere near ready for the NBA and it would be great to see this class with next years freshman, preseason number 1 if that happens?
Real Badman Wrote:Your prospective on life makes me really sad. I pray this isnt you're ideal thoughts on matters.
I know that it shocks many people, but a college education is not what it used to be and you don't necessarily need one to be "educated." The biggest reason for spending money on a college education today for many people is to get their foot in the door of a prospective employer. For somebody whose career (at least their first one) is definitely going to be "NBA player," a college degree does not mean squat to their potential employers.

What makes me sad is the number of college basketball fans who think that young men who have an opportunity to begin an incredibly lucrative career should forgo that chance so that "fans" like themselves can enjoy watching them play a game for free.

I don't like the fact that it appears that UK's basketball program is being built on an endless string of "one-and-dones," I will never ask those players to make career decisions that only a fool (or a young man from an already affluent family) would make. Injuries happen and basketball careers are relatively short. There is no need to waste time playing for free if you can receive a large income instead.

If I had a choice of making millions of dollars a year, I would take it and then I would use my savings to attend the school offering me the best available education. There is no need for Brandon Knight to tether himself to UK for life if he wants an Ivy League education, for example.
Real Badman Wrote:Your prospective on life makes me really sad. I pray this isnt you're ideal thoughts on matters.

:Thumbs:
I truly agree with you on this one.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I know that it shocks many people, but a college education is not what it used to be and you don't necessarily need one to be "educated." The biggest reason for spending money on a college education today for many people is to get their foot in the door of a prospective employer. For somebody whose career (at least their first one) is definitely going to be "NBA player," a college degree does not mean squat to their potential employers.

What makes me sad is the number of college basketball fans who think that young men who have an opportunity to begin an incredibly lucrative career should forgo that chance so that "fans" like themselves can enjoy watching them play a game for free.

I don't like the fact that it appears that UK's basketball program is being built on an endless string of "one-and-dones," I will never ask those players to make career decisions that only a fool (or a young man from an already affluent family) would make. Injuries happen and basketball careers are relatively short. There is no need to waste time playing for free if you can receive a large income instead.

If I had a choice of making millions of dollars a year, I would take it and then I would use my savings to attend the school offering me the best available education. There is no need for Brandon Knight to tether himself to UK for life if he wants an Ivy League education, for example.

We rarely agree Hoot, but this I agree on.

If a player is a lock for the lottery (aka guaranteed money), take it and do what Shaq, Kobe and others have done, go back and finish.
^ You guys already know that I am in complete agreement. If I have a chance to better my life and my families life, I am going to take it. I'm promised nothing tomorrow, thus I have to take it while I can get it. I have seen way too often guys lose their careers because they stayed one too many years.
I'd rather stay 4 years in college, and get a degree, rather than go out in the draft and suffer a career ending injury. I'm sure money would be tight after that.