Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach."
honestjchsfan Wrote:Stardust my question to you is: how important is it to be a great X & O Coach? Not all decisions a coach makes are equally important. For one coach to know everything it stands to reason then that the goal should be to learn as many right plays as possible? But we know that not all plays are equally important. Even though a coach knows the right decision for more situations that may arise, an opponent may be correct more often when it comes to IMPORTANT decisions. What do I mean by a important decision? Start with who a Coach selects to be on his team. Looks to me like Coach Cal is pretty darn good at that DECISION! Another Important decision would what type of defense a coach should play. Cal brings in the top athletes in the USA, so most of the time his team is athletically superior so when he plays man to man D his DECISION is based on a more Important decision which is playing TOP Athletes. MY point is; even if a coach knows more of the right plays that doesn't mean he is a better coach. Coach K lost to a 15 seed last season, and I am sure he had a sound game plan and he played the right D but he had to be wrong about one very very important DECISION, I am 100% sure that if he knew his starting 5 would lose to a 15 seed he would have played different players! I don't think that there is enough little decisions to make up for a huge talent gap. SO IMO CAL is great coach because his eye for talent and who he selects to bring to UK. Any coach who elects to use less talented guys is electing to stack the deck against himself. LOTS of Coachs want the best player too but can't get them. WOODEN vs RUPP ???? Thats a easy call right? But when you take a look at the talent gap, and you have to wonder. That most important DECISION of who to play shows up here. Got to give credit were it due right????

Have you EVER not seen where I give credit for having the BEST talent???? I have given him credit as a great recruiter always. So, what is your point??? I love UK! I don't like Cal! I want Cal to win 50 titles for UK! What else do you want me to say???

I love the USA! I don't like Obama! I want Obama to put in policy that increases my 401K to the point that I can retire with a billion dollars! What else do you want me to say???
Messages In This Thread
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach." - by Stardust - 12-10-2012, 08:32 AM