Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Anderson named new Head Coach at Arkansas
Former Missouri Head Coach takes the job.
Great hire by Arkansas.
Anderson is a product of the Nolan Richardson 40 minutes of h*** pressure that i personally like and should be a great fit at Arkansas.
Mike Anderson agreed to be the new coach at Arkansas on Wednesday, a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com.

Anderson, who had been the coach at Missouri since 2006, was finalizing terms with Arkansas officials, and an announcement was expected Wednesday evening.

Missouri athletic director Mike Alden was unavailable for comment early Wednesday but a Missouri official said there was no announcement planned from Columbia, Mo.

Mike Anderson agreed Wednesday to leave Missouri to coach Arkansas, where he was an assistant from 1985 to 2002.
Earlier Wednesday, a source at Missouri said the school had expected Anderson to stay.

Anderson had wrestled with his decision the past few days, especially with the majority of the Tigers returning. Anderson had been negotiating a two-year extension that would raise his salary at Missouri to $2 million per season -- a $500,000 raise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6249515
Well let's see of the fastest 40 minutes in basketball can translate over to the SEC.
Welcome to the SEC Mr. Anderson. Please turn around and assume the rightful butt kicking position from the Wildcats.

Seriously, I love this for Arkansas. Some of the best days of SEC basketball included the battles against UK and Arkansas back in the 90s. Lets get back to that and bring the SEC powerhouses back to the top of the league. I feel like crap for Pel but I think that he will rebound somewhere.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thats all i have heard on the radio today from Arkansas fans, saying watch out FL, and KY, because there back,WHATEVER,LOL
Great Hire by the Razonbacks, You happy Hoss?
Im tickled to death! I loved Anderson when he was Nolans assistant. Its great to see him on the sidelines again in Fayetteville. Another great thing to come out of this, Jeff Long reached out to Nolan Richardson and smoothed over the mess that happened several years ago with Broyles. I hope with this new class coming in, that the Hogs can get close to the glory days of the 90s Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im tickled to death! I loved Anderson when he was Nolans assistant. Its great to see him on the sidelines again in Fayetteville. Another great thing to come out of this, Jeff Long reached out to Nolan Richardson and smoothed over the mess that happened several years ago with Broyles. I hope with this new class coming in, that the Hogs can get close to the glory days of the 90s Big Grin

I expect that top five recruiting class that John Pelphrey put together to fall apart. I do like the hire though. I think Anderson will bring the Hogs back to familiar places with a little time.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im tickled to death! I loved Anderson when he was Nolans assistant. Its great to see him on the sidelines again in Fayetteville. Another great thing to come out of this, Jeff Long reached out to Nolan Richardson and smoothed over the mess that happened several years ago with Broyles. I hope with this new class coming in, that the Hogs can get close to the glory days of the 90s Big Grin

Hey Hoss.... I thought that you were an Alabama football fan and a UK basketball fan? Either way, it is a good thing for the SEC.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Hey Hoss.... I thought that you were an Alabama football fan and a UK basketball fan? Either way, it is a good thing for the SEC.

You never know what school Hoss is a fan of. Just joking ya, Hoss. :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I expect that top five recruiting class that John Pelphrey put together to fall apart. I do like the hire though. I think Anderson will bring the Hogs back to familiar places with a little time.

they expect atleast the 3 in state players to stay, and very good chance the one from MO, and TX will stay as well
Good hire in my opinion.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Good hire in my opinion.

:Thumbs:
Personally I think that it is a great hire. I know that a lot of people say that he is an average "at best" coach, but I think that he is great. The game against UAB was enough to open my eyes and see how unique his style is. I think that if you pair that with a school that embraces him you have a dynamic recruiting tool which will in turn bump up the quality of the SEC. All in all, it is a good thing, for Arkansas, SEC and yes even Kentucky!!
[SIZE="4"]