Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke: 11 years and still counting
Corey Maggette admits to taking money and nothing has been done yet. What gives. Yes, a case was brought against Duke. Yes, Maggette admitted taking the money. NCAA says that "we came to the conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to determine that Maggette knew or should have known, anything was done wrong."
Are these all facts??
^ Yes. But it doesn't matter. Nothing we can do about it but continue the undieing hatred of the floor slapping, flop-perfecting, too good, know-it-all's that **** the college basketball world off to no end. Plenty could be done, but nothing will EVER be done.

On a subject-changing note: Since Duke was 5-0 against the 'Fab 5' in the 90's, why does Bobby Hurley and Grant Hill feel the need to be defensive and offended by Jalen Rose's comments in the Fab 5 Movie? Since they were the perfect worldbeaters of '91 and '92 and never even saw a loss to Michigan's storied Fab 5, why did they bother to pubically call out Jalen Rose for his comments. Jalen Rose only spoke the TRUTH.
This would have made a good thread....
11 years ago.
:zzz:
zaga_fan Wrote:This would have made a good thread....
11 years ago.

11 years ago it would be talked about. The fact it's been going on so long is the point.
Stardust Wrote::zzz:

Do I bore you!
Benchwarmer Wrote:11 years ago it would be talked about. The fact it's been going on so long is the point.

They only believe things that the NCAA declares illegal.

And for duke nothing is.
zaga_fan Wrote:This would have made a good thread....
11 years ago.

Its about as long as it takes the Mountain Sports Examiner to get information out.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Its about as long as it takes the Mountain Sports Examiner to get information out.

The mountain sports examiner types up articles as quick as he can get home from a game and do so Smile
I tell you what....
just to prove you right....
the next time Knott County does anything positive I'll wait 11 years to write an article about it Wink
Benchwarmer Wrote:11 years ago it would be talked about. The fact it's been going on so long is the point.

In your post it says the NCAA "came to the conclusion"....
It sounds to me like this is concluded.
So if you're looking for them to come out with more information and do something you might be waiting a while.
The man admitted to taking $2000 over his high school career from his AAU coach in High School.
It's out in the open.....
if nothing has been done, nothing will be done.
zaga_fan Wrote:The mountain sports examiner types up articles as quick as he can get home from a game and do so Smile
I tell you what....
the next time Knott County does anything positive I'll wait 11 years to write an article about it Wink

should be when u have an article worth reading.
Youre right BW but nothing will ever be done.
Its Duke.
And BTW, Duke wouldnt have won it against the fab 5 if the refs would have made the right call.
Maybe back then stomping on a player was okay, atleast for Lattener, but id bet if Riddick or whoever it was would have done that to Lattener, he would have got tossed.
UK should of had a banner for that year.
lol Zaga, we hate Duke. I wouldn't even try to reason if I were you, hah. Just sit back, massive lols will come to you from this thread. Wink
^I've lol'd quite a few times reading this thread. Threads like these is why I love BGR Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:The mountain sports examiner types up articles as quick as he can get home from a game and do so Smile
I tell you what....

Take the 11 and multiply it by 11 and in that amount of years Gonzaga might win 1 championship.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Take the 11 and multiply it by 11 and in that amount of years Gonzaga might win 1 championship.

Highly doubt that.. We will be long gone before that happens!
I like Duke