Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(1) Ohio State
41.94%
(4) Kentucky
58.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Ohio State vs. (4) Kentucky 3/25 (Sweet 16)
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I like this matchup. Kentucky's big guards will play much better defense on Lighty, Buford, and Diebler than GMU's did. These are the kind of games that should pump you up, so I expect for our guys to come in confident, but calm and cool. I have faith that UK can pull this off.

Kentucky needs to play one-on-one against Sullinger in my opinion and bring the help defense in if needed. Let the big guy get his points (because he's probably going to get them anyway). Though if they can get him into foul trouble, that would be fantastic. I don't think you can double team Sullinger because he is a great passing big man and will just dump it off to Lauderdale or kick it out to the shooters.

Ohio State surely won't shoot the way did against George Mason. The Cats cannot leave Diebler and Lighty on the wings. I say Liggins will be guarding Lighty and Lamb will be guarding Diebler and I'm comfortable with that.

Brandon Knight has to be the leader and run the team the way he has been. He needs to feed off of his great play against WVU. I'd say Lighty or Buford will be guarding him and I feel good about that.

Terrence Jones needs to come up big in this one as well. He hasn't been anything near great on offense, but people are looking over the way he has played defense and the way he has rebounded. He'll likely be guarding Lauderdale and I see that as an advantage for UK. If he can continue his great effort on the defensive end and have a big game offensively (which I can see him having), then Kentucky has a really good chance of winning this one.

Harrellson could easily get into foul trouble early trying to keep up with Sullinger, so when it is time for Vargas to play his 7-8 minutes, he needs to try his darndest to disrupt things in the post for Sullinger and Lauderdale.

Kentucky can win this basketball game and I predict they will.

You are so optimistic.
Messages In This Thread
(1) Ohio State vs. (4) Kentucky 3/25 (Sweet 16) - by Aslan - 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM