Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone Help
Everytime I get out of the shower I itch uncontrollably, it eventually dies down, but it's really bad for about 30 minutes. Anyone know what this is?
Might be the soap you are using, Dial soap does that to me.
It doesn't matter what soap I use, it always happens.
If you take hot showers, then it could be the way your skin reacts to the cooler air when you get out.
I don't know, I just know I'm dyin' here.
Relax, grab the nearest phone, and call your physician. j/k I don't know what it could be.
You may have hard water. Whenever you get out of the shower, don't dry it out or anything and just let the water dry onto the shower and the shower door. When it dries, if it leaves buildup on your shower curtains, shower walls, or shower door then you probably have hard water. Which could be the cause of the itching. I have the same problem and I have hard water.
Maybe try some lotion?
blackcatfan4life Wrote:You may have hard water. Whenever you get out of the shower, don't dry it out or anything and just let the water dry onto the shower and the shower door. When it dries, if it leaves buildup on your shower curtains, shower walls, or shower door then you probably have hard water. Which could be the cause of the itching. I have the same problem and I have hard water.

I live in a dorm.

Posted 25 Jan 2005 02:15 pm:

Lotion is for girls.
LOL, I never said I used it, and you're the one who asked for help, I just thought I would throw out suggestion.
LOL.
Dry skin or um...you may be crazy...try some lotion..you can buy men's lotion...
Lotion in general is for girls. No guy wants to rub gooky stuff all over his body.
It only does it when you get out of the shower and your drying off?
If so maybe the washing powders you use in your towels makes you itch. I was allergic so some of the washing powders mom used when i was in HS i ithced like crazy...So try to change em i like bounty, or gain my self i dont itch any more lol
It may be all the spiders.....just a thought.
What?
what about my post or 4leafs post?
The spiders?
SARS!
My first guess it that could be the soap or shampoo you use. Try something like Head and Shoulders or some mild medicated shampoo rather than bar soap. I had to give up bar soap and cheaper shampoos for the same reason. Also since you do not like body lotions or gels try using hair conditioner on your hair and let it rinse over your body. It is important that you rinse good even with the medicated shampoo. Good luck...