Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggie Miller taking Jimmy Dykes place this week
Kentucky fans have grown accustomed to hearing their favorite announcer Jimmy Dykes call almost every game this year. This weekend will be a little bit different.

Reggie Miller will be calling the Tennessee game with Kevin Harlan to get ready for TNT's run at calling NCAA games this year.

Reggie did an interview with Yahoo.com and had an interesting quote about Kentucky and this being a very important game for the young Wildcats.

JE: The first college game you'll call will be Tennessee-Kentucky this weekend in Knoxville. How do you explain Kentucky's road woes in SEC play this season?
RM: We were talking about UCLA and how young they are. Well, same thing with Cal [coach John Calipari] and his team. With all those freshmen, it's a great learning experience. They're great at home, but on the road in the SEC, you look at some of the teams and it's tough to get a victory. I hate to call Kentucky a bubble team because I still think they'll get in, but this is a must-win for them at Tennessee.

http://www.nationofblue.com/reggie-mille...week-5688/
I'm sure this makes you very sad Aslan. As soon as I read the title, I thought of you and your man crush on Dykes. Big Grin just kidding bro.
I like this
I'd take anyone over Dykes.
Best news I have heard all week.
MVP2 Wrote:I'm sure this makes you very sad Aslan. As soon as I read the title, I thought of you and your man crush on Dykes. Big Grin just kidding bro.

Haha. It's very disappointing news. Dykes and Nessler are by far my favorite announcer duo. Jimmy Dykes provides comic relief that nobody can match Big Grin
Now we won't have to hear about how Jones can go left and lefter.
Aslan Wrote:Haha. It's very disappointing news. Dykes and Nessler are by far my favorite announcer duo. Jimmy Dykes provides comic relief that nobody can match Big Grin
Maybe the first time you hear him but game after game it makes you wonder how ESPN gave him a job. I mean they must never listen to their own broadcasts.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Maybe the first time you hear him but game after game it makes you wonder how ESPN gave him a job. I mean they must never listen to their own broadcasts.

I know I'm in the minority but I've always liked Dykes. The way he goes on about nonsense such as vicious cuts, raging bulls, and the dot at the free throw line constantly, just cracks me up. Whatever Jimmy says, Brad goes right along with it, which makes it even funnier. But when Jimmy isn't acting goofy, imo he provides good analogies and for some reason is my favorite.
will reggie play
Aslan Wrote:I know I'm in the minority but I've always liked Dykes. The way he goes on about nonsense such as vicious cuts, raging bulls, and the dot at the free throw line constantly, just cracks me up. Whatever Jimmy says, Brad goes right along with it, which makes it even funnier. But when Jimmy isn't acting goofy, imo he provides good analogies and for some reason is my favorite.
Would take Bilas over him any day.
Did I just read that Reggie thinks UK is a bubble team? You can tell that he doesn't follow a lot of college basketball.
I don't think I have ever heard Reggie do a college game or even talk college basketball. Announcing is all about preparation. Love them or hate them Bilas is the BEST at preparation and Jimmy Dykes knows the game! Will Reggie know anything about college basketball????
Aslan Wrote:I know I'm in the minority but I've always liked Dykes. The way he goes on about nonsense such as vicious cuts, raging bulls, and the dot at the free throw line constantly, just cracks me up. Whatever Jimmy says, Brad goes right along with it, which makes it even funnier. But when Jimmy isn't acting goofy, imo he provides good analogies and for some reason is my favorite.

I enjoy listening to Dykes also. But Bilas is the best in the business.
Jarons Wrote:I enjoy listening to Dykes also. But Bilas is the best in the business.

Even better than dUKie V?:biggrin:

I agree, Bilas tells it like it is no matter whose team it is, even dUKe!
Stardust Wrote:Even better than dUKie V?:biggrin:

I agree, Bilas tells it like it is no matter whose team it is, even dUKe!

I used to love Dickie V. His act just started to get old and worn out and I can't stand listening to him anymore.
Personally if I wanted to listen to anyone from TNT it would be Charles Barkley.
Dykes is a good announcer....
but he's no Barkley!
^ No one is a Barkely
Barkley is the man he is hilarious on TNT.
UK, a bubble team? Sorry Reggie, no.
Jarons Wrote:I used to love Dickie V. His act just started to get old and worn out and I can't stand listening to him anymore.
Me either.
HawksRule Wrote:Personally if I wanted to listen to anyone from TNT it would be Charles Barkley.

Agree.
Jarons Wrote:I enjoy listening to Dykes also. But Bilas is the best in the business.

I agree, Bilas is the best, but Dykes is my favorite.
itzAmazing Wrote:UK, a bubble team? Sorry Reggie, no.

Exactly what I was about to type. I can't remember a current Top 25 team ever being considered a "bubble" team.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited to see how Reggie Miller will call the game. He's a decent NBA announcer and I always loved him as a player. Let's see what he's got.

To the best announcer debate: I don't mind Jimmy Dykes (I don't understand why Kentucky fans can't stand him) but, Bilas is the best there is. He's also the best analyst and the best online writer in college basketball. He's a "Dukie" but will never let anyone know it. Jay Bilas is by far the most unbiased analyst out there. Like Dusty said, he's also the most prepared.
Stardust Wrote:I don't think I have ever heard Reggie do a college game or even talk college basketball. Announcing is all about preparation. Love them or hate them Bilas is the BEST at preparation and Jimmy Dykes knows the game! Will Reggie know anything about college basketball????

Based on his UK/bubble talk, not a lot.
Bilas is the best basketball analyst in the biz.

Does anyone other than me follow his Twitter? It is SUPER hilarious!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Based on his UK/bubble talk, not a lot.

Agreed. I like Reggie and I think he knows the NBA pretty well. We'll see how he does and comment later.
Good deal, Reggie Miller is a cool cat. I like Jimmy too.

But I don't know how anyone can stand to listen to Charles Barkley...he's stupid, I can't stand him.