Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason-Dixon Games 2011
Indoor state championship.

should be some eastern kentucky boys bring some home.

goodluck
Yeah i hear theres a lot of talent, and its a very competitive event....best of luck everyone
What is this?
Is it track and field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Josepeh Jamerson of Prestoonsburg won the 2A 55 meter Hurdles
Guess so, they dont post what it is but how their kids finished.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is it track and field?

yes, mason-dixon games are the indoor state championships
OldTymer Wrote:Josepeh Jamerson of Prestoonsburg won the 2A 55 meter Hurdles

I seen the videos and he smoked the field.
Is this KHSAA sponsored?
csabo17 Wrote:Is this KHSAA sponsored?

no...
csabo17 Wrote:Is this KHSAA sponsored?

No and it is limited on the number of schools that can/do attend. Many schools can't afford to attend and many schools just do not participate in indoor season. They call in the "indoor state championships" but a small percentage of your states top runners actually run in it. It is still a very good meet with a long history.
Most schools don't participate because of the limited number of meets. You can only go down to Mason Co so many times. Although I do enjoy the drive down the AA.
MAson Dixon also limits the number of Athletes a school can run in each event. Indoor track is interesting but you have to understand the limitations of the venues
nky Wrote:Most schools don't participate because of the limited number of meets. You can only go down to Mason Co so many times. Although I do enjoy the drive down the AA.
MAson Dixon also limits the number of Athletes a school can run in each event. Indoor track is interesting but you have to understand the limitations of the venues

It would be nice to have a facility in NKY. I know the KTCCCA is working hard to get a facility in NKY ( they are the ones that made it happen in Mason Co.). It would bring great meets to the area with the NKY teams, and Cincinnati teams (they do not have any local facilities either and would love to come just across the river).
I attended the Mason Dixon Games in highschool twice, and let me tell you.. The fastest and the best of the best attend this event..
Ballers Wrote:I attended the Mason Dixon Games in highschool twice, and let me tell you.. The fastest and the best of the best attend this event..

When did you attend?, because it is not that way anymore. They use to have great talent from outside the state too, not anymore. I attended in the mid 80's, but it is not the same now.
sstack Wrote:When did you attend?, because it is not that way anymore. They use to have great talent from outside the state too, not anymore. I attended in the mid 80's, but it is not the same now.

I attended the games in 2002 and 2003.
I ran in the 100m, the 200m, and 400m.. The distance on the track is different than a regular track because it is wooden, I don't remember how many laps but I think you had to run double of your ordinary track.
I did some researching..

I did not compete in those..

I competed in the 55m dash and the dashes above that.