Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Practice
All is right in the world again. Whistle's blowing, pads poppin, coaches yelling. Spring practice is here.
right on!
Saw Paintsville on the field yesterday evening!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Definitely shouldn't have said it. All he did was make a complete *** of himself. Don't sweat it OTH. Paintsville will improve. I'm glad to see them enter the EKC this year! :Thumbs:
^Thanks. It has nothing to do with whether they improve or not. I was actually surprised with the number of kids out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I know numbers has been one of the problems in the past few years, good to hear they are up.
monster_energy Wrote:lol i apologize and if a mod would take it off please doo.. glad to hear they had alot out there..

Thinking before you type usually helps.:biggrin:
tradition Wrote:Thinking before you type usually helps.:biggrin:

Heck, that's a rule we should all follow more often. :thatsfunn
time for the Pirates to have theres
hazard willbe very good next year!! Alot of speed
someone on Pond Creek let us know when they are having theres?
Betsy Layne will start spring practice on Monday, Can't wait!!!
When is Letcher Central starting there's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Ohio is trying to start spring football. Here's an article from the Cincinnati Enquirer:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110...l-practice-

Interesting quote from the Highlands head coach in the article-
"At Highlands, Mueller has placed a premium on spring practice. Almost all of the 86 players he projects to be on his 2011 roster, including those who participate in track or baseball, are attending spring practice, which began Monday"

Are these kids having to make a decision if they are going to play football in the fall be at spring practice or else?

"In Kentucky, spring football is optional for both the school and athletes, and the football coach is not allowed to prohibit a student from playing another spring sport."

Does the quote from the Highlands coach sound like it's "optional" ?
nky Wrote:Ohio is trying to start spring football. Here's an article from the Cincinnati Enquirer:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110...l-practice-

Interesting quote from the Highlands head coach in the article-
"At Highlands, Mueller has placed a premium on spring practice. Almost all of the 86 players he projects to be on his 2011 roster, including those who participate in track or baseball, are attending spring practice, which began Monday"

Are these kids having to make a decision if they are going to play football in the fall be at spring practice or else?

"In Kentucky, spring football is optional for both the school and athletes, and the football coach is not allowed to prohibit a student from playing another spring sport."

Does the quote from the Highlands coach sound like it's "optional" ?

Sounds about like some basketball coaches that I know who say AAU in the spring is "optional" and baseball coaches that insist fall ball is "optional." But, wait, those are leagues that are not affiliated with the KHSAA and their high school coaches are to have no input or active role in those. :lmao:

However, I would agree that this does sound like Mueller makes it mandatory, while not exactly saying that verbatem and I complete agree with you that kids playing spring sports shouldn't be given that ultimatum of spring practice or else!

I'm as big of a football fan as anybody and think spring practice is great, especially for those kids who aren't playing a spring sport(s). At the sametime, I also am a realist enough know that in the grand scheme of things, 8-10 practices in March don't dictate the success you have in late November and December, either. Six months of off season weights/speed work @ 3-4 times a week? Yes. 8-10 practices that far before your season? No

Spring practice, IMHO, would be best fitted for those that can't participate, which are the current 8th graders who are soon-to-be freshmen.
I also think they are very important for new coaches that are taking over a program. Highlands would be the 4x defending Champ since '07 whether they had spring practice or not.
L.C spring has looked good so far. hope for a good year. i see a 5-6 record without playoffs
Was at Highlands spring practice the other day. The baseball players were at baseball. That doesn't sound like "madatory" spring football to me.
tradition Wrote:Was at Highlands spring practice the other day. The baseball players were at baseball. That doesn't sound like "madatory" spring football to me.
just going by what the coach told the newspaper
AAU basketball and fall baseball are the ones that started the war of the offseasons football teams are just doing what they have to do.
charlie22 Wrote:Heck, that's a rule we should all follow more often. :thatsfunn

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

You talking to me?

Season hasn't started and you want start picking. Bring it.:flame:
StraightCheese Wrote:L.C spring has looked good so far. hope for a good year. i see a 5-6 record without playoffs

Who's LC?
Belfry is having spring practice.... baseball players are playing baseball..... they are not "forced" to go to spring practice.... Nice turnout for the Pirates though.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Knox Central began spring ball this week.
phs1986 Wrote:Belfry is having spring practice.... baseball players are playing baseball..... they are not "forced" to go to spring practice.... Nice turnout for the Pirates though.... Smile

how many out sis?
cuppett777 Wrote:how many out sis?

Haven't done an actual head count but from the looks of it... 60+ have been on the field....Cuppett.... you know Belfry! LOL... We bring the numbers.... and we've got the talent.... it'll all fall into place!! :Thumbs:

i know thats right, still waiting on a young man to make up his mind,lol
saving my personal days at work so i can go back to BG,lol
LOL.... Save em' buddy.... your ticket will be waitin on ya!!! LOL

phs1986 Wrote:LOL.... Save em' buddy.... your ticket will be waitin on ya!!! LOL

thank you,lol