Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just an observation.
With the moves of LeBron, Bosh, Williams and Melo it got me thinking. The NBA is going to turn into Major League basball where only a handful of teams have the best talent. Especially if Howard goes to LA and Paul to NY in the coming months.
I just wonder when does it stop. When does the parity, albeit little, leave the NBA? Teams in smaller markets wont be able to compete. There wont be anymore San Antonio's or Oklahoma City's. Those teams wont be able to keep their stars.
Just read an article by ESPN's Rick Reily that touches on this subject. And he says it much better than I did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6150136
It will stay about the same, imo. The Lakers and Spurs have won 8 of the last 11 championships. The Lakers and Celtics have won around half the championships overall. There's never been that much parity in the NBA. As long as the Spurs have Popovich, they will contend year in and year out for titles.
The players are going to go where they want to go. You can't tell them who they have to play for.
In my not so high opinion I believe it is getting stupid. It seems everyone is buying out, getting traded, and leaving wherever they are at first chance. A star player needs to step in and say enough is enough, and show these guys they don't need to team up. Thanks LeBron you changed the world when you deceided to take your talents to South Beach.
Aslan Wrote:It will stay about the same, imo. The Lakers and Spurs have won 8 of the last 11 championships. The Lakers and Celtics have won around half the championships overall. There's never been that much parity in the NBA. As long as the Spurs have Popovich, they will contend year in and year out for titles.
The players are going to go where they want to go. You can't tell them who they have to play for.
But if it keeps going they way it is you won't have teams like the Spurs or Rockets or even the Magic getting to the finals. Players keep getting their way so they can go play where their friends, will end up ruining the NBA.
It's just been a couple trades. It's not going to keep going at this pace, and it definitely isn't going to turn out anything like the MLB. You people freak out way to easy, lol.
There has never been parity in the NBA. It's always been a select few teams, so at least put the better players on the same teams. I'm all for it. Who needs 30 teams. Let's go back to the 80's when there was only 16. The Basketball was better and every game was competitive!
Stardust Wrote:There has never been parity in the NBA. It's always been a select few teams, so at least put the better players on the same teams. I'm all for it. Who needs 30 teams. Let's go back to the 80's when there was only 16. The Basketball was better and every game was competitive!

:Thumbs:
I think the NBA will be fine. Players like Kobe, Duncan, and Pierce have been on their respective teams for 10+ years. As long as there are players like that, the NBA will be okay.
I have said from day one that F/A will kill pro sports.
It has taken longer than I thought but it is happening.