Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby was not run out of town!!!
Tubby resigned and took the job at Minnesota and caught UK off guard and thats why in a rush they made one of the worst hires in the history of the game. I know alot of KY fans didnt like tubby but alot did. I thought he got a little pay back when he quit when he did. We ran billy gillispie out of town and he should have been run out of town. I liked Tubby.
OK
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Number 1 ) This thread is ridiculous
Number 2 ) I think the burning crosses in his yard had something to do with it
What brought this up? I for one like tubby as a person. I thought he was a great guy and great coach at that... He was a great X and O guy.... He just wasnt the kentucky type coach. Like the tempo he played. Besides that he was a great coach though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Tubby was a average coach. He won with an amazing Rick Pitino Team, After that it seemed we would loose in the second round to UAB every year.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Tubby was a average coach. He won with an amazing Rick Pitino Team, After that it seemed we would loose in the second round to UAB every year.

Dang that Squeaky Johnson. I had reoccuring nightmares of him every March for years, lol.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Tubby was a average coach. He won with an amazing Rick Pitino Team, After that it seemed we would loose in the second round to UAB every year.

Tubby was an excellent coach, but an average recruiter.
Aslan Wrote:Tubby was an excellent coach, but an average recruiter.

You guys go on about how coach cal loosed the big game. Well tubby lost int he tournament every year to sub par teams.
Wildcatk23, I think the whole idea of Tubby being a good X's and O's Coach is that when he did have any kind of talent (Bogans, Hayes, Prince) he did well. It was when he had terrible classes that he did poorly. If he had the talent coming in like Cal, he might be the best in the business. Tubby has his forte, Cal has his.
LWC Wrote:Wildcatk23, I think the whole idea of Tubby being a good X's and O's Coach is that when he did have any kind of talent (Bogans, Hayes, Prince) he did well. It was when he had terrible classes that he did poorly. If he had the talent coming in like Cal, he might be the best in the business. Tubby has his forte, Cal has his.

:Clap:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You guys go on about how coach cal loosed the big game. Well tubby lost int he tournament every year to sub par teams.

Tubby at least has a championship(I don't care if it was Pitino's players, he was the one coaching that team).
Coach Cal don't even have an official final four under his belt. Now how is he a great coach? Some people on here feel that he is, just because he coaches at UK.
Tubby won with sub par talent year in and year out. Some of the players didn't deserve to play D1 but he turned them into decent players. Cal can't even win a road game in the SEC and he has the most talented team in the conference.
LWC, his best recruiting class, was the one with Rondo, Crawford, Bradly and Morris. After that, UK started to descend.
Now guys, I like Coach Cal, but I don't love him. He's not a great in game coach, and in game adjustments are the differences in most close games. Some y'all give him too much credit, and I just try to bring ya back down to Earth Big Grin
Ridiculous thread is ridiculous.
Aslan Wrote:Tubby at least has a championship(I don't care if it was Pitino's players, he was the one coaching that team).
Coach Cal don't even have an official final four under his belt. Now how is he a great coach? Some people on here feel that he is, just because he coaches at UK.
Tubby won with sub par talent year in and year out. Some of the players didn't deserve to play D1 but he turned them into decent players. Cal can't even win a road game in the SEC and he has the most talented team in the conference.
LWC, his best recruiting class, was the one with Rondo, Crawford, Bradly and Morris. After that, UK started to descend.
Now guys, I like Coach Cal, but I don't love him. He's not a great in game coach, and in game adjustments are the differences in most close games. Some y'all give him too much credit, and I just try to bring ya back down to Earth Big Grin
Whatever. Those teams still made it to the Final Four. Whether they are recognized or not by the NCAA. I watched the games. They did happen.

Oh and I noticed your signature. Madden is mostly remembered because of XBOX not because he won a Super Bowl.

And this thread is stupid.
OffTheHook Wrote:OK

Pretty much this.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Whatever. Those teams still made it to the Final Four. Whether they are recognized or not by the NCAA. I watched the games. They did happen.

Oh and I noticed your signature. Madden is mostly remembered because of XBOX not because he won a Super Bowl.

And this thread is stupid.

They happened but there not recognized by the NCAA and therefore not on John Calipari's coaching resume.
And who cares, Madden is awesome, lol.
Aslan Wrote:They happened but there not recognized by the NCAA and therefore not on John Calipari's coaching resume.
They still happened and he is a Final Four coach. Whether it is on his resume or not.
No one disliked Tubby, everyone was just fed up with average recruiting classes and not making it past the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament.

Tubby also basically beat UK to the punch, because he was going to get canned.

Tubby did win the 1998 Final Four with Pitino's team and to be fair, just about anyone could've have coached that team to the Final Four. Too bad he couldn't achieve anything after that, especially with the teams he had.
Someone's been holding this thought in for a few years. Regression Therapy anyone?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No one disliked Tubby, everyone was just fed up with average recruiting classes and not making it past the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament.

Tubby also basically beat UK to the punch, because he was going to get canned.

Tubby did win the 1998 Final Four with Pitino's team and to be fair, just about anyone could've have coached that team to the Final Four. Too bad he couldn't achieve anything after that, especially with the teams he had.

Thank you,
Aslan Wrote:Tubby at least has a championship(I don't care if it was Pitino's players, he was the one coaching that team).

Down To Earth?

1. How Many Final Fours Does Tubby Have After Pitinos Team?
2. He Had the teams to win a title more than once.
3. We Lost in the second round way to many times.
4. Cal Can coach all he wants but if they dont listen it wont matter.
5. Cal Didnt have The Top Recruiting class 6 years in a row and Still Managed to win 30 games a season and make it to the Final Four.
6. What Great team in college basketball doesnt have a great recruiting clasS?
7. Recruiting in college basketball is just as important as coaching.
Aslan Wrote:They happened but there not recognized by the NCAA and therefore not on John Calipari's coaching resume.

The NCAA Is Retarded. Its HIs Fault for what happened at UMASS.

But its not Coach K's fault for what happened at duke.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Down To Earth?

1. How Many Final Fours Does Tubby Have After Pitinos Team?
2. He Had the teams to win a title more than once.
3. We Lost in the second round way to many times.
4. Cal Can coach all he wants but if they dont listen it wont matter.
5. Cal Didnt have The Top Recruiting class 6 years in a row and Still Managed to win 30 games a season and make it to the Final Four.
6. What Great team in college basketball doesnt have a great recruiting clasS?
7. Recruiting in college basketball is just as important as coaching.

Yes, some of y'all act like he's the greatest coach ever, and he's accomplished next to nothing.
1. Zero.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
4. That's not a sign of a good coach.
5. He coached in C-USA and that final 4 was vacated.
6. Not to many.
7. I agree. But if you bring you recruits and can't coach them up, then you're not going to get anywhere. A great example would be Rick Barnes. He couldn't get a Kevin Durrant led team out of the second out.
Aslan Wrote:Yes, some of y'all act like he's the greatest coach ever, and he's accomplished next to nothing.
1. Zero.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
6. Not to many.
7. I agree. But if you bring you recruits and can't coach them up, then you're not going to get anywhere. A great example would be Rick Barnes. He couldn't get a Kevin Durrant led team out of the second out.
Jesus. It still happened. And he wa still in the final game.
Aslan Wrote:Yes, some of y'all act like he's the greatest coach ever, and he's accomplished next to nothing.
1. Zero.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
6. Not to many.

5. Your right any coach can do that.

7. They had next to nobody on that team. It was like having jodie meeks, He could only due so much, He ran out of miles half way through the SEC.
Aslan Wrote:Also vacated.

Do you really care about what the NCAA says? Since there so consistent in there rulings.
Aslan Wrote:Also vacated.
Your right. Kansas played an intrmural team in that final game.
The fact that everyone looks as CAL as a cheater, and Coach K as a SAVIOR DRIVES ME INSANE.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:5. Your right any coach can do that.

7. They had next to nobody on that team. It was like having jodie meeks, He could only due so much, He ran out of miles half way through the SEC.

He had top 5 talent playing against C-USA teams. I'll give Cal credit though, that's a tremendous accomplishment. I hope he can do it consistently at UK.

Well, Kevin Durrant is on another level than Meeks, and 99% of anyone to ever play college basketball. If you got him, you don't do much else. DJ Augustine was also on that team, another first round pick. Barnes had more than enough to get out of the second round.