Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the Year
Benchwarmer Wrote:Mark Few Gonzaga has done well going 21 and 9 with close wins over Santa Clara and a 3 point win over Portland. The loses are to key teams like, San Diego St., San Francisco, Memphis, and a 10 point win over (10-20) Loyola Marymount will put them at the top of the RPI. I dont agree with the RPI having them at number 65. Gonzaga plays in the West Coast Conference which compete for NCAA tourny Championships every year. Playing in this conference their strength of schedule should be better than 91. For Gods sakes Gonzaga went 2-6 against the top 50 teams in the country and 10-0 against teams that are in the RPI 200+. RPI is a joke.
MARK FEW Coach of the year.

This has killed me.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Mark Few Gonzaga has done well going 21 and 9 with close wins over Santa Clara and a 3 point win over Portland. The loses are to key teams like, San Diego St., San Francisco, Memphis, and a 10 point win over (10-20) Loyola Marymount will put them at the top of the RPI. I dont agree with the RPI having them at number 65. Gonzaga plays in the West Coast Conference which compete for NCAA tourny Championships every year. Playing in this conference their strength of schedule should be better than 91. For Gods sakes Gonzaga went 2-6 against the top 50 teams in the country and 10-0 against teams that are in the RPI 200+. RPI is a joke.

:Clap:

Couldn't agree more.
But this is a down year for Gonzaga and Coach Cal is by far the better coach.
If you are on the road, down 2, one timeout left, shot-clock off....
I would want Coach Cal on the sidelines.

You have to think....
eventually probability is going to be on your side.
There's no way he is going lose EVERY time.
Thad Matta for Ohio State deserves it IMO.
zaga_fan Wrote:Couldn't agree more.
But this is a down year for Gonzaga and Coach Cal is by far the better coach.
If you are on the road, down 2, one timeout left, shot-clock off....
I would want Coach Cal on the sidelines.

You have to think....
eventually probability is going to be on your side.
There's no way he is going lose EVERY time.

We won a few of those last year Smile,

Well lets see how MARK has done,

3 Point Loss to SDSU(home)
4 Point Loss To Notre Dame(Away)
5 Point Loss To San Fransisco(Away)(OT)
2 Point Loss To Saint Marys(Home)
4 Point Loss To Memphis(HOme)

But Hey that 68-31 over San Diego Looks Good
It really all depends on where they end up? If BYU gets beat first or second round of the conference tourny and then gets beat first or second round of the NCAA tourny I can't see him getting it?
Steve Lavin
Matt Painter. After losing Hummel he has done a great job. By the way some of these answers have been the most comical things I've ever seen! Mark Few. Wow.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:We won a few of those last year Smile,

Well lets see how MARK has done,

3 Point Loss to SDSU(home)
4 Point Loss To Notre Dame(Away)
5 Point Loss To San Fransisco(Away)(OT)
2 Point Loss To Saint Marys(Home)
4 Point Loss To Memphis(HOme)

But Hey that 68-31 over San Diego Looks Good

Close loses to power teams.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Matt Painter. After losing Hummel he has done a great job. By the way some of these answers have been the most comical things I've ever seen! Mark Few. Wow.

Don't hate....
lol
I know that I'll probably catch a lot of flack from some of the UK faithful, but I think that Bob Huggins should be in the mix for Coach of the Year. The All Big East team came out and WVU placed zero players on the first, second, third or rookie teams. Yet, WVU finished 6th in the Big East with an 11-7 Big East record, a 20-10 overall record, #20 ranking in the AP poll, #2 SOS and #15 RPI. IMO, that's pretty impressive coaching!
How about Roy Williams?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dave Rose of BYU. I mean they are being considered a #1 seed. BYU really?

My vote is for Dave Rose as well!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
MVP2 Wrote:How about Roy Williams?
Roy can go jump into a rock crusher for all I care.
MVP2 Wrote:How about Roy Williams?

UNC was preseason top 10, they was expected to have a good season. Still quite a turnaround from last year, but with the talent UNC had last year, they definitely shouldn't have been in the NIT.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dave Rose of BYU. I mean they are being considered a #1 seed. BYU really?

Amazing! Who would think that BYU would ever be in conversation for a number 1 seed? Wow!