Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 NFL Combine
anyone else on here been following the combine this week
I use to follow the combine a lot, but I don't have the NFL channel anymore.
Yea I have been watching it. Randall Cobb has impressed thus far. He had a better 40' time than the #1 WR A.J. Green.
I have missed Locke everytime he has done something.
Cam Newton today did good in the athletic drills, duh, but he struggled in the passing drills. Most of the analysts said it was due to him not taking his steps fast enough. That is something he can improve on.
^ Mel Kiper said that the worst part of Cam Newton's game fundamentals is the easiest to fix in the NFL - his legs. I have not heard anyone not have Cam in their top 5 now. Not too bad for a guy prior to the BCS championship that analysts were saying that he did not deserve a top three round pick, it was too risky.
Julio Jones looked incredible.
Cobb & Locke impressed at the combine.

Cobb ran a 4.45 40 and Locke ran a 4.40 (3rd fastest among RBs & 6th fastest overall).
I'm glad to see the UK boys doing well.

Anyone heard projections on either?
LWC Wrote:I'm glad to see the UK boys doing well.

Anyone heard projections on either?

I saw one where Cobb has moved into the 2nd from the 4th and going to the Pats
Cobb at the Patriots would be an amazing fit! Being able to learn under Wes Welker.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Cobb at the Patriots would be an amazing fit! Being able to learn under Wes Welker.

Todd McShay has Cobb as a running back. Actually he has him number 4 in his top 5 backs.
Looks like Cobb is going to be a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick.

Locke is probably going to go anywhere from the 3rd round to the 6th round.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I saw one where Cobb has moved into the 2nd from the 4th and going to the Pats

That would be the best thing ever if Cobb went to the Pats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
MisterPerfect Wrote:Cobb at the Patriots would be an amazing fit! Being able to learn under Wes Welker.
If the Pats are looking at him, I'd say they see him as Welker's replacement. That's how the Pats roll. Wait and see. If they do take him, Welker has maybe two seasons left in New England.