Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the mountain linemen.
I wanted to give our mountain lineman some props, a kid up in Clay County has been working hard and he's a big boy with a nice skill set. More importantly he is an outstanding young man, with a great work ethic, and a huge heart. Here is a link to a video from a camp he attended, I think the camp was in Texas someone correct me if I'm wrong..

Oldtiger Wrote:I wanted to give our mountain lineman some props, a kid up in Clay County has been working hard and he's a big boy with a nice skill set. More importantly he is an outstanding young man, with a great work ethic, and a huge heart. Here is a link to a video from a camp he attended, I think the camp was in Texas someone correct me if I'm wrong..

Looks pretty good. Will he just be a Junior?
Hyde is a great athlete, scary to think he is just going to be a junior. he has more potential than anyone in recent years at clay county.
tradition Wrote:Looks pretty good. Will he just be a Junior?
The Mcneal kid plays beside Hyde on the o-line at guard. He has tremendous potential also. 6'3, 255 and works hard. They and two others will be juniors and one starter will be a soph. Good looking young line.
BIG TONY Wrote:The Mcneal kid plays beside Hyde on the o-line at guard. He has tremendous potential also. 6'3, 255 and works hard. They and two others will be juniors and one starter will be a soph. Good looking young line.
Hyde is going to be a stud,Kentucky better get on him in a hurry
Oldtiger Wrote:I wanted to give our mountain lineman some props, a kid up in Clay County has been working hard and he's a big boy with a nice skill set. More importantly he is an outstanding young man, with a great work ethic, and a huge heart. Here is a link to a video from a camp he attended, I think the camp was in Texas someone correct me if I'm wrong..

I am sure coach arnett and crew will do a fine job in bring these young men along. I seen one of them the other night at the district ball games and he is a very thick lookin kid. Looks like coach a. will have a very capable moving machine to work with next season.
BIG TONY Wrote:The Mcneal kid plays beside Hyde on the o-line at guard. He has tremendous potential also. 6'3, 255 and works hard. They and two others will be juniors and one starter will be a soph. Good looking young line.

Personnally I like the size (6'3" 255) of the Mcneal kid. Hyde has great potential and has some nice footwork but I would like to see what he was like quickness wise with minus 30 plus pounds. I know how colleges like size, but I think 6'2" is small to carry 330LBs.
The Carter kid from Bell Co. (Senior to be) should have a great year next. I think hes like 6' 6" 295 lbs, benches close to 375, squats 480 and cleans 285. Last year in the physical fitness test at Bell he had one of the top 10, 10yds times of all players on the team. But still has work to do to be as good as he can be.
[quote=tradition]Personnally I like the size (6'3" 255) of the Mcneal kid. Hyde has great potential and has some nice footwork but I would like to see what he was like quickness wise with minus 30 plus pounds. I know how colleges like size, but I think 6'2" is small to carry 330LBs.[/QUOTE) Agreed, Hyde needs to be 300 lbs. On his first max day this year, the kids said he benched 385, squatted 585, and cleaned 295. Needs to lean up.
I think Hyde is a little taller than 6'2. He already quick for his size, if he were to lose 30 pounds he'd be unreal. He reminds me of the Walker that used to play for CCHS football about 10 years ago.
Here's a highlight video of Somerset's Taylor Speaks. He was named their offensive lineman of the year at their banquet. He's undersized for a left tackle at 6'2" 220 (he's probably closer to 205) and will probably play center if he plays in college. The player he is going up against in the Southwestern game is Willie Dungan who played in the Border Bowl and signed with Morehead State. He's a 4.0 student with a 30 on the ACT and is looking at Centre, Hanover College, Washington University in St. Louis and The Coast Guard Academy.

[IMG][/IMG]
I have seen the Combs kid form Lawrence Co. he is a real beast of lineman.
foxbatone Wrote:I have seen the Combs kid form Lawrence Co. he is a real beast of lineman.

Dan Prater from Rowan 6'3 350 mashed Combs all night when they played for district title in 2010. Prater, will be one of the top OL in the state in 2012 class.