Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An observation on Coach Cal and UK
crazytaxidriver Wrote:SD. None of my post was directed toward you or really anyone on this board. It was just a rant based on things I've read and heard. I do respect your opinion and I'm not going to argue it. It's clear to me what you mean. So I hope you didn't take my post out of context

Not at all.:Thumbs: I truly thought you had one of the best posts that I have seen on the subject. You did an excellent job of posting a very solid and sound perspective.
Pat Riley!!!!
The real problem coach cal has has is, he only reloads for one year he doesn't even try to keep the top talented players that hes recruits, thats one reason why he hasn't won a national tittle in a long time. now don't get me wrong i'm as big of a fan as anybody else but dang, come on! tell them boys to stay an do everything you can to get them to. he was hired to hang more banners.

"id rather have 5 NBA 1st round draft picks then make it to a final four" -Coach Cal.
:HitWall:
One thing you have to remember is that cal can only do so much to cOnvince these KIDS that comng back to another year of classes and being watched in everything do is better than going and making a few million. We fans are a bit selfish in wanting this but that is what makes it fun.

I love the big name recruits we are getting, I love te excitement of uk basketball. The championships will come, I really believe. I personally never thought thAt orton would leave after 1. But these things happen. And I'm glad I get to watch it. But I like my chances with future NBA stars compared to my chances with a team of 4 year players who won't be playing basketball after their senior season
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Stardust Wrote:CTD, this is a great post and I truly respect your comment. I think I have stated my position many times, yet everyone ones to take my words and turn them. I did not like Cal for many reasons, actually I despised the man, before he ever came to UK. I don't have to like him to be a fan of my team and not want more than anything, success for this program. That means titles. I have never ever said that I want Cal replaced, so where this comes from is completely made up in the imagination of others.

Actually, I've not seen a post where anyone has said he should be replaced, so where does that even come from? It's taking the words of few, and turning them into one's own argument, yet no one has ever said the wish anything other than Cal to WIN!

Is he a good X's and O's guy, IMO opinion no. Does that mean you can't win, No! I have lauded him for his recruiting ability, and I have said many times that Cal will win with the talent he has. Is that the first time a coach will have won with talent alone, No!

I still say it is funny that if you are a Cal fan, you can challenge the decisions he makes with no issue. However, if you are not a fan of him, then you can't be a fan of UK. That's when the debate gets boring!

Go UK!

I've seen 3 or 4 people on here say that Coach Cal needs to go. I can't remember who or what thread, but I've seen it.

I don't know how anyone can't like Cal. He's got the perfect personality and mindset for the job. I think he's great and I hope he stays for the next 30 years.
vundy33 Wrote:I've seen 3 or 4 people on here say that Coach Cal needs to go. I can't remember who or what thread, but I've seen it.

I don't know how anyone can't like Cal. He's got the perfect personality and mindset for the job. I think he's great and I hope he stays for the next 30 years.

Lol, then you certainly would have read MANY times why I state I don't like Cal and where it orginated from - Insert Cal as the *** during the UK/UMass rvalry days in the 90's and the disparaging way he acter towards the team that was ultimately what he told everyone as his "DREAM" job - blah, makes me puke!

As for saying Cal has to go, you will not find a post where anyone says Cal has to go, you won't find it.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, then you certainly would have read MANY times why I state I don't like Cal and where it orginated from - Insert Cal as the *** during the UK/UMass rvalry days in the 90's and the disparaging way he acter towards the team that was ultimately what he told everyone as his "DREAM" job - blah, makes me puke!

As for saying Cal has to go, you will not find a post where anyone says Cal has to go, you won't find it.

I was to small to remember any of that...but I would think he wouldn't openly talk about how awesome UK was when he was the coach of a rival team. It's expected. But your opinion is your opinion, like I said, I was to small to witness any of that.

I'm telling you, I've seen someone say Cal "will be gone after this season". That was the exact part of the sentence. I can't remember who, I think his username started with a K, I know he's a big Laker fan. I'll try to find it when I get back to my room.