Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you prefer your steak?
I love steak. I order mine, well done pretty much burnt. I got to have it done. How do you like yours?
Medium or medium-well.
MVP2 Wrote:I love steak. I order mine, well done pretty much burnt. I got to have it done. How do you like yours?

Thats how I like mine as well.

I want steak now!
I've always heard that a steak cooked well done is a ruined steak, but 99.99% of the time, that's how I get/cook mine.
Fat and Juicy with very little on it! My steak that is Wink
Medium-Medium Rare. I don't understand the point in even getting steak if you get it well done. At that point it's not even steak anymore just a chewey piece of shoe.
Medium-Rare drowned in A1 sauce.
Not in my mouth. For some reason I have never enjoyed a steak. I have tried several. A friend of mine told me it is because I have never had a quality one. Where is the best places to get one?
Medium-well keeps me from having to goto the bathroom.

I prefer a little blood, but that goes right through me every time.
LWC Wrote:Not in my mouth. For some reason I have never enjoyed a steak. I have tried several. A friend of mine told me it is because I have never had a quality one. Where is the best places to get one?

I like TGI Fridays steak pretty good but my favorite place to get one is Longhorn in Lexington, that place is great.
I've not tried a lot steaks in restaurants because they cost a lot and I like cheese burgers as much if not better so I almost always get a burger, but I do like Texas Roadhouse's Steaks.
Rare to meduim rare, with nothing on it. A well made and seasoned steak needs no A1 or any other kind of condiment. An overcooked steak is a waste of money, IMO. Malone's in Lexington and Longhorn's in Pigeon Forge, and the guy that fixes them at my house make great steaks. All my steaks are rib eyes cut 1 1/2 inch thick.

MVP2 Wrote:I love steak. I order mine, well done pretty much burnt. I got to have it done. How do you like yours?
Try it one time at medium or even a little less done than that, and you will realize that you have molested your steak that you ordered before that.
Medium....Malone's in Lexington probably served me the best steak I have ever ate.
Westside Wrote:I've not tried a lot steaks in restaurants because they cost a lot and I like cheese burgers as much if not better so I almost always get a burger, but I do like Texas Roadhouse's Steaks.

Same here bro...
I usually spring for the cheese, bacon, and bread with my beef lol

but when I get steak I get it medium rare
Medium

For all you well done guys. Listen to me.

I have been in your shoes. I grew up eating my steak well done, dipping it in A-1 sauce, having to exert force when cutting bites. I partly blame the lack of quality steakhouses and cuts of meat for this decision. I have since seen the light.

I encourage you well done guys to splurge just one time and go to a quality steakhouse. Go to Sal's in Lexington, its close and I have never been disappointed.

Go and order the 8 oz Filet. Don't look or worry about the price. Order it Medium. When it comes close your eyes and cut the first bite and eat it. DO NOT POUR STEAK SAUCE! After you devour the best steak you ever had, come on here and thank me.

If you go to a finer steakhouse they typically will not even carry steak sauce. I was at my Girlfriend's company Christmas Party two years ago at Chop's Lobster Bar. One person ordered their steak well done and the Chef literally came out of the kitchen just to persuade them not to do such.
FWIW,
I would rank the best steak houses I have been in KY as follows:

1. Pat's Steakhouse-Louisville
2. Jeff Ruby's- Louisville
3. Sal's-Lexington
4. Malone's-Lexington
5. Morton's- Louisville

I am not a Ruth's Chris fan.
Medium Well
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW,
I would rank the best steak houses I have been in KY as follows:

1. Pat's Steakhouse-Louisville
2. Jeff Ruby's- Louisville
3. Sal's-Lexington
4. Malone's-Lexington
5. Morton's- Louisville

I am not a Ruth's Chris fan.

So, if we take this national:

1a. Morton's - Manhattan
1b. Morton's - Cincinnati
1c. Morton's - Las Vegas
1d. Morton's - Los Angeles
1e. Morton's - Chicago

I'm sorry, there is no better steak than a steak from Morton's. I've always swore that the Cow walks into the Kitchen and lays down on the stove, it's that fresh!
Medium-Well to Well

Best Steak I've had in KY- Wahbah Steakhouse in Bowling Green
Well done.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Medium-Rare!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Rare. Just kissed by the flame with a little salt on it
Burnt
TheRealVille Wrote:Rare to meduim rare, with nothing on it. A well made and seasoned steak needs no A1 or any other kind of condiment. An overcooked steak is a waste of money, IMO. Malone's in Lexington and Longhorn's in Pigeon Forge, and the guy that fixes them at my house make great steaks. All my steaks are rib eyes cut 1 1/2 inch thick.

Try it one time at medium or even a little less done than that, and you will realize that you have molested your steak that you ordered before that.

Uhh, Never. If I see any red or pink, they'll be taking it back and throwing it back on the grill.
Alright don't make fun of me, but I don't eat steak. I can't eat it some reason I never could swallow it I've always been that way. It's not that I don't eat meat I lover burgers and chicken. I've been tempted to not post it on here but I figured **** with it.
MVP2 Wrote:Uhh, Never. If I see any red or pink, they'll be taking it back and throwing it back on the grill.

Where have you been all my life?
My favorite steak is a monster T Bone or porterhouse that I make myself at home. Ive had some good steak over the years, but I still prefer my own.

Medium to medium well..
I just realized I missed my 1000 post... Crap, probably spent it on the stupid haz/pcc updates.
Medium Well
medium