Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If not Calipari, then who?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I don't recall there being threads like this last year. I was meaning that the usual haters are still hating. Your point of view on him is still the same, And with more room of error this year you have your shot to fire your hate towards him and you have taken advantage of that.

And i have seen post from members saying we will never win these close games with CAL as coach. Post like "If he would have called a timeout we probably would have won.

It's easy to second guess his coaching when we loose the game. Had we won many of these threads wouldn't be here.

And although we have lost a few games on our own this year. We lost to Arkansas because no foul was called when they stole it from knight. Had that been called he goes to the line makes both free throws and their forced to shoot a hard 3. No other way to look at it. And the foul on Liggens was worst than that.

People say well if they done this we wouldn't to have relied on them calling that. But its still their job to call it. And no matter who we blame or cuss at are record is as it stands either way. Blame cal, refs, depth, either way Cal isn't even nowhere near a hot seat.

Good post, you I can agree with you (except for the foul excuses:biggrinSmile. I think there has been more negative, which is to be expected when such high expectations were set last year. And I still don't think anyone really believes that Cal is on the hotseat. With so many UK fans who have been around since the mid-80's who remember the Pitino/Calipari hatefest, it's very hard for those UK fans to accept Cal with open arms.

If you still want to hark back to the fouls, your right, call them. And had they called them, Arkansas would have been on the line shooting two at the end of the game on the no call on Harrelson over the back.

It's UK Basketball, where so many can't separate themselves from expectations and reality, if UK loses, no matter who the coach is, then that coach will get challenged. We see if during football season EVERY year!
For the UK "fans" that dislike Coach Cal: you obviously don't want him here and want him replaced. Otherwise, you would either love him, like him, or be indifferent that he is UK's coach. It makes no sense when you people say "no one is saying he shouldn't be here."
outdoorsman43 Wrote:For the UK "fans" that dislike Coach Cal: you obviously don't want him here and want him replaced. Otherwise, you would either love him, like him, or be indifferent that he is UK's coach. It makes no sense when you people say "no one is saying he shouldn't be here."

That's a ridiculous! If your sister marries your worst enemy, you absolutely do not have to "love him, like him, or be indifferent". If you have a REASON to not like him, then you never have to like him!

I don't like the President! But I have never said IMPEACH HIM! Sorry, that holds no weight with me!
Stardust Wrote:That's a ridiculous! If your sister marries your worst enemy, you absolutely do not have to "love him, like him, or be indifferent". If you have a REASON to not like him, then you never have to like him!

I don't like the President! But I have never said IMPEACH HIM! Sorry, that holds no weight with me!

Well, does hold weight with you?

If you don't like Cal, then you don't want him here. Do you want him here? No. I can't make it any more simple.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, does hold weight with you?

If you don't like Cal, then you don't want him here. Do you want him here? No. I can't make it any more simple.

So now you can speak for other people. That's pretty impressive ODM. I'll just turn my password over to you and you can beginning making all my posts for me. It will save me a whole lot of time.:moon:
Stardust Wrote:So now you can speak for other people. That's pretty impressive ODM. I'll just turn my password over to you and you can beginning making all my posts for me. It will save me a whole lot of time.:moon:

At least your post would make sense from time to time.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:At least your post would make sense from time to time.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Good post, you I can agree with you (except for the foul excuses:biggrinSmile. I think there has been more negative, which is to be expected when such high expectations were set last year. And I still don't think anyone really believes that Cal is on the hotseat. With so many UK fans who have been around since the mid-80's who remember the Pitino/Calipari hatefest, it's very hard for those UK fans to accept Cal with open arms.

If you still want to hark back to the fouls, your right, call them. And had they called them, Arkansas would have been on the line shooting two at the end of the game on the no call on Harrelson over the back.

It's UK Basketball, where so many can't separate themselves from expectations and reality, if UK loses, no matter who the coach is, then that coach will get challenged. We see if during football season EVERY year!

If they hadn't of called the one on Liggins u take away 4 points and let them call the one on harrelson.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:At least your post would make sense from time to time.

outdoorsman43 Wrote::Thumbs:

:ban:
I hope the NBA has a lock out! Then the boys in blue decide to hang around another season. Then you would see how good this team is. Last years team would beat this team's brains out. That was a crazy good class. It's hard to get teams like that every year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It is absolutely ridiculous for people to want Cal gone. Laughable, actually. He's never lost a game at Rupp. He's had 3 consecutive #1 recruiting classes(counting next years), his teams are young, that's the biggest reason we haven't won a title yet. I don't know anybody who was expecting a national championship in his first two years. We did expect to get back to national prominence and national relevancy, however. And he did that! What more do you want out of the guy in two years?! He's the man for the job for now. And if you don't think so, you're an idiot. Give him at least 5 seasons without wanting his head. He's done a better job in these first two seasons than any other coach in the country could have done in the state that BCG left the program in!
LClion4life Wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous for people to want Cal gone. Laughable, actually. He's never lost a game at Rupp. He's had 3 consecutive #1 recruiting classes(counting next years), his teams are young, that's the biggest reason we haven't won a title yet. I don't know anybody who was expecting a national championship in his first two years. We did expect to get back to national prominence and national relevancy, however. And he did that! What more do you want out of the guy in two years?! He's the man for the job for now. And if you don't think so, you're an idiot. Give him at least 5 seasons without wanting his head. He's done a better job in these first two seasons than any other coach in the country could have done in the state that BCG left the program in!
Who wants him gone? Let's see some names.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Who wants him gone? Let's see some names.

Statement after UK lost to Arkansas

TheRealVille's

Woo Hoo, another nail in Cal's coffin.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Statement after UK lost to Arkansas

TheRealVille's

Woo Hoo, another nail in Cal's coffin.
I don't recall seeing TheRealVille calling for Calipari to be fired at this time. In fact, he agreed with several of my posts, in which I criticized Calipari's coaching ability but also said that he deserves time to prove himself worthy of the job. But TheRealVille can speak for himself.

Anybody else? From the posts made by the Coach Cal Bandwagoneers, one would think that the number of people calling for Coach Cal's head is large. It should be easy to list a few names and specific examples.
Ah boys like him or not Cal isn't going anywhere. We gave Billy G 2 season and we gave our worse coach Eddie Sutton 5 years. I don't think we will have to worry about losing Cal anytime soon.
HawksRule Wrote:Ah boys like him or not Cal isn't going anywhere. We gave Billy G 2 season and we gave our worse coach Eddie Sutton 5 years. I don't think we will have to worry about losing Cal anytime soon.
Eddie Sutton was a drunk who nearly destroyed the program but he was a very good coach when sober - although I never liked the style his teams played.

BCG was the worst UK coach of the post-Rupp era and the gap between him and whoever you think has been the second worst is very wide. Nobody who had a hand in hiring Billy Clyde Gillispie should have ever been in position to hire another coach. If heads need to role, then those heads are attached to the bodies of the UK President and his AD. As long as Calipari runs a clean, winning program, he deserves to stay.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't recall seeing TheRealVille calling for Calipari to be fired at this time. In fact, he agreed with several of my posts, in which I criticized Calipari's coaching ability but also said that he deserves time to prove himself worthy of the job. But TheRealVille can speak for himself.

Anybody else? From the posts made by the Coach Cal Bandwagoneers, one would think that the number of people calling for Coach Cal's head is large. It should be easy to list a few names and specific examples.

Keep preaching bother:Thumbs: Like I said in another post, it's turned into a political debate where one side only hears what they want!