Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Deron Williams Traded To The New Jersey Nets
Utah Jazz All-Star Deron Williams has been Traded To The New Jersey Nets In A Blockbuster Deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/n...id=6150419
This is a bad trade for the Nets. Losing two very talented and young player in Harris and Favors. Hopefully, they get some high draft picks and will pick up a big man to replace Favors, maybe Enes or Sullinger.
The Jazz were still in playoff contention in the West but simply aren't in the running for a title.
I like the move to show that they want to win a title.
Does anyone think they are trying to nudge Sloan to come back and coach by getting rid of Williams?
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:This is a bad trade for the Nets. Losing two very talented and young player in Harris and Favors. Hopefully, they get some high draft picks and will pick up a big man to replace Favors, maybe Enes or Sullinger.

Harris is nowhere near the player that Williams is.
They have a good big man with Lopez and Favors was only averaging 6 and 5.
IMO the Nets are doing all they can do with the resources in front of them.
No way that getting the best PG in the league is bad.
Won't be hearing of Deron Williams in the playoffs for a little while...
Or at least gets a surrounding cast to put around Williams..
Lopez and Williams just isn't enough..
I like this. It's the start of something for the Nets once again.
I remember once before when they had a great point guard and a bunch of role players then went to the Eastern Conference finals. Big Grin
LWC Wrote:I remember once before when they had a great point guard and a bunch of role players then went to the Eastern Conference finals. Big Grin

The Nets actually made to the finals two consecutive years.
zaga_fan Wrote:Harris is nowhere near the player that Williams is.
They have a good big man with Lopez and Favors was only averaging 6 and 5.
IMO the Nets are doing all they can do with the resources in front of them.
No way that getting the best PG in the league is bad.

Harris isn't the player Williams is, nor will he ever be. But Favors is a big loss because of what he will be in the future. He's got a very bright future ahead of him.
Jarons Wrote:The Nets actually made to the finals two consecutive years.

I was trying to remember if it was 2 or 3. Thanks.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Harris isn't the player Williams is, nor will he ever be. But Favors is a big loss because of what he will be in the future. He's got a very bright future ahead of him.

No one without a crystal ball and the power of premonition could tell you what Favors will do in the future.
He is in single digits right now in pts and rbs.
What normal people like me can tell you is that Deron Williams will get you 20 pts and 10 asts.
To a coach and a GM a guaranteed 20 and 10 player in his 6th season is worth more than a 6 and 5 rookie.
The only thing I see bad about this deal for the Nets is the draft picks.
Nets were desperate to make some move. And the Jazz were genius's to make the move. The Jazz did not want to wind up like Denver or Cleveland and be pushed completely into a hole and get nothing in return. This was very smart.
IMO this deal helps both teams in the long run. Utah was going to lose Williams anyway, might as well get what you can out of his value. New Jersey needed to land a superstar, to open the door to more down the road.